ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN validity

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

happyguy82

Form AN validity

Post by happyguy82 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Hi guys,

I don't suppose anyone knows this, the current Form AN was issued in June 2014. When will a new version be issued to replace this? Any time in the near future?

If and when this happens, would the current form instantly become invalid? That seems harsh for people who have paid in advance for NCS only to find out at the 11th hour that there's a new form to fill right?

Thanks.

akhurshid

Re: Form AN validity

Post by akhurshid » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:48 pm

happyguy82 wrote:Hi guys,

I don't suppose anyone knows this, the current Form AN was issued in June 2014. When will a new version be issued to replace this? Any time in the near future?

If and when this happens, would the current form instantly become invalid? That seems harsh for people who have paid in advance for NCS only to find out at the 11th hour that there's a new form to fill right?

Thanks.
Nobody can tell you that apart from HO.

When new form is released, HO usually give you 28 days grace period i.e. you can use old for 28 days.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:43 pm

Unlike immigration applications, for naturalisation the form will never become invalid. There is no legal requirement to use a form and it will not affect your application if you use an old version.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:30 am

Great to know. Thanks guys.

penanglang1975
Newly Registered

Post by penanglang1975 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:50 pm

Hi guys, not intending to correct anyone here but sharing my experience regarding this topic.

I submitted my AN application using the older form (June 2014) on 17 April 2015 and received by Home Office on 21 April 2015. I wasn't aware that they introduced the new form until I was at the NCS. Funny thing was the NCS officer told me it would be fine to submit the old form and I trusted her but paid the new revised fee. Not feeling very comfortable, I contacted Home Office today and was told that NCS should not have accepted the older form and the case worker would definitely reject my application. I was further advised to cancel the cheque I paid for the fees and do it before Home Office bank in the cheque otherwise they will reject my application and not refund the money. I intend to write to Home Office first before cancelling the cheque, to avoid appearing like I don't have the money to pay for the application and instead just following their instructions.

As if applying and waiting for this process is not stressful enough, we get conflicting versions. I thought i could rely on the NCS to do the right thing, they claim that the reason to use their services is so that they can ensure you use the right document. I guess not.

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:25 pm

penanglang1975 wrote:Hi guys, not intending to correct anyone here but sharing my experience regarding this topic.

I submitted my AN application using the older form (June 2014) on 17 April 2015 and received by Home Office on 21 April 2015. I wasn't aware that they introduced the new form until I was at the NCS. Funny thing was the NCS officer told me it would be fine to submit the old form and I trusted her but paid the new revised fee. Not feeling very comfortable, I contacted Home Office today and was told that NCS should not have accepted the older form and the case worker would definitely reject my application. I was further advised to cancel the cheque I paid for the fees and do it before Home Office bank in the cheque otherwise they will reject my application and not refund the money. I intend to write to Home Office first before cancelling the cheque, to avoid appearing like I don't have the money to pay for the application and instead just following their instructions.

As if applying and waiting for this process is not stressful enough, we get conflicting versions. I thought i could rely on the NCS to do the right thing, they claim that the reason to use their services is so that they can ensure you use the right document. I guess not.
Who advised you to cancel the cheque? I'm not sure of its legality here, but doing so in some countries carries a mandatory jail sentence. It's not something to be taken lightly.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:59 pm

penanglang1975 wrote:Hi guys, not intending to correct anyone here but sharing my experience regarding this topic.

It's interesting what you say regarding the validity of the form. I have however read what Jambo refers to in the nationality rules somewhere in the recent past. I'll try and look the reference up, as I can't recall the exact point of reference at the moment.

penanglang1975
Newly Registered

Post by penanglang1975 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:59 pm

The Home Office advisor who answered my call told me to stop the cheque. I am not comfortable stopping the cheque, hence I plan to write a letter to Home Office to confirm if this is the approach. At least let them know if their advisors need to be educated.