ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income Tax Return

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chicku

Income Tax Return

Post by chicku » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:35 pm

Hi,

If I am applying now, then my tax return docs cover till March-07 only and so I am planning to provide bank statements.

Is it a always a good idea to provide them tax docs, even if they cover part of the claim period.

I only have Form-16 as tax document ( no ITR presently ) , which some people say is not accepted by HO.

Also if the tax docs cover only a part of the claim period, then they can be considered only as additional document. I mean, in the application form, one cannot tick the 'Income Tax docs' checkbox, as that is to be done ONLY when the tax docs cover the full claim period. No?

Thanks.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:40 pm

well you don't explain much of how your income works. People really need to be clear or else we have to be mind readers
If it is a salary, then you should provide a contract showing your annual salary and start date, then the HO could pro rate the salary for the 12 months that you are declaring
If you are on the same job, then the tax return is good but the document the employer gives stating what he paid you is better.
Wherever the tax returns falls off, then your payslips and bank statements should pick up.

chicku

Post by chicku » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:57 pm

Thanks SYH for reply and applogies for beng short.

I am salaried employee in India. I cannot get the letter from my employer. So I cannot even think of providing that as one of the evidence.

The only docs that that I have are
  • Salary Slips ( stamped & Signed )
    Bank statement
    Form-16 covering till March-07.
I am planning to give the salary slips and the bank statements only. I am really worried that giving Form-16 to them will give them a reason to reject. Please advise as to how safe is my plan.

Thanks for the reply.

makon

Post by makon » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:24 pm

You must provide your tax clearance even if it does not cover the entire period, but do not tick the box. You can then request exceptional consideration by completing the box.
Then ask them to us the salary slips and bank statements to judge your earnings, but it will be nice if you can get a letter from your employer stating your actual gross earnings for the period claimed