ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shaz359
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by shaz359 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:11 pm

Hello,

Can someone tell me I had applied from lahore on the 25th of October and submitted documents on the 1st nov 2014. I have still not heard any reply.
Also I contacted ukvi last week to track my application however still not heard anything from them.
What stage has the Lahore applications got to?
This wait is too much
Congrats to all have got their visas make dua I get mines very soon also

Optimus Prime
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Optimus Prime » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:21 pm

akhan48 wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:It's so nice to see the visas coming in now and that silent readers of this forum are now starting to take part. I would encourage anyone who is reading this post who is a silent reader to please register and share your thoughts, comments, queries, criticisms. Even if you're on here to have a small rant, we all understand!

I wanted to ask if there is anyone in this forum who applied in October who has received a response. I feel I'm the only one left :?
Did you escalate again and get a response this time?
Yeah bro, I just sent through another escalation request just now. Will update once I get a response.

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:36 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
akhan48 wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:It's so nice to see the visas coming in now and that silent readers of this forum are now starting to take part. I would encourage anyone who is reading this post who is a silent reader to please register and share your thoughts, comments, queries, criticisms. Even if you're on here to have a small rant, we all understand!

I wanted to ask if there is anyone in this forum who applied in October who has received a response. I feel I'm the only one left :?
Did you escalate again and get a response this time?
Yeah bro, I just sent through another escalation request just now. Will update once I get a response.

Im still waiting :( i applied frm islamabad so jus waiting for the emails frm bhc !! Lets see when they come as its been a week already since i got an escalted update thats applocation is concluded !!

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:44 pm

humawakas2014 wrote:
saf786 wrote:So happy to see all these good news InshaAllah

Can I get help with a question which I am sure has been asked many times

IF I am applying as self employed and 2 of my statements fall below £1550, but overall the whole years financial requirement are met; because the 12 months add up to £18600 or even more, would that still be refused ??
Hi saf, was browsing through and saw no one answered this.

Remember self employed is net profit not gross!

You need £18600 gross net profit so after all deductions have been made.

If your accounts are showing you are earning just £1550 a months then once all deductions have been made you will fall short of the threshold.

I have applied as self employed too hence why I know. My in on was 44k gross and £24,000 net

Hey humawaqas

Thank you for replying x

My incone monthly varies each month but is always above 1550 except for the 2 months I mentioned

If you or anyone knows how they work self employment out, can u please share it so I can work it out too

Thank you

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:15 pm

Bill07 wrote:Thanks Ket1, was he/she asked about any other documentation apart from TB cert at border control except passport obviously?

Thanks

Regards
Hi when my wife arrived to the UK two weeks ago at Manchester airport Nothing was asked of us, not even TB certificate etc. They did ask if she had an old passport And we told the immigration officer that it had been lost, that delayed us for about 15 minutes (presume they did some checks). But apart from that no issues or questions. This may have been because I was travelling to the UK with her.

Always be honest and truthful with the immigration officers and you have nothing to worry about. They even asked me if she needed a translator, when they queried the lost passport lol.

But it's always advised to carry your visa application docs in hand luggage so that if they do query anything you have all the docs at hand.

Also make sure the polio test is done. You can get that done at most hospitals in Pakistan for free or from the airport who will charge you.

Bill07
Newly Registered

Post by Bill07 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:26 pm

Thanks Alil2014,

Great advice, much appreciated.

Applied: 27-10-14 ISB
Escalated: 23-12-2014
Processed: 26-01-15 (1 email response to update request)
Processed + concluded with ref email: 28-01-15
Documents arrived at Gerrys: 28-01-15
Documents collected: 29-01-2015 visa issued.
No interview.

Regards

fiza87

Post by fiza87 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:44 pm

fullahs wrote:
fiza87 wrote:Our application got refused today. I am not in a good state since this morning.I can't concentrate at work. I don't blame the immigration dept as they did thier job right. My husband recieved only one email with GWF ref at 10.00 am pak time. I just knew that the visa has been rejected. Our application got refused because i sent all documents in early october but my husband didn't apply until november because his passport was sent for renewel. My bank statement and payslips were missing for the month of October as i recieve salary at the end of each month. If i had known this earlier, i would have provided my most updated bank statement and payslip. Now i am thinking of re-applying again. If someone had the same issue then please guide me.

All the best to all the November applicants. Please be positive and patient. Hopefully , you will defiently hear good news in next coming weeks

Salaam Sis- so sorry to read your message as I was in the exact same situation and it felt as though I was reading my own post. I was also refused for the same reason as I was out of the 28 days requirement by a few days and visa was rejected on that basis only

My advise would be to just apply again- provide a cover letter explaining why you were refused and why you failed to provide latest wage slip and that you are submitting them all now and inshAllah you should get your visa 2nd round

I did the same thing and husband picked up his passport today

Let me know if you need any more help x

W.salaam, thank you very much and congratulations to you!!!. I am re-applying but should i mention why my visa got refused previously? if so what kind of info should i provide. Can you please inbox me an example of your cover letter?

omarinbox

Post by omarinbox » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:49 pm

On this whole 2 email thing.

My wife got an email today that the BHC in Islamabad had processed and it was being sent to the centre.

Is this the first email people are talking about?

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:52 pm

saf786 wrote:
humawakas2014 wrote:
saf786 wrote:So happy to see all these good news InshaAllah

Can I get help with a question which I am sure has been asked many times

IF I am applying as self employed and 2 of my statements fall below £1550, but overall the whole years financial requirement are met; because the 12 months add up to £18600 or even more, would that still be refused ??
Hi saf, was browsing through and saw no one answered this.

Remember self employed is net profit not gross!

You need £18600 gross net profit so after all deductions have been made.

If your accounts are showing you are earning just £1550 a months then once all deductions have been made you will fall short of the threshold.

I have applied as self employed too hence why I know. My in on was 44k gross and £24,000 net

Hey humawaqas

Thank you for replying x

My incone monthly varies each month but is always above 1550 except for the 2 months I mentioned

If you or anyone knows how they work self employment out, can u please share it so I can work it out too

Thank you
Hi Saf,

So your gross income per month is £1550 but then after costs what is left?

as mentioned it is gross net profit that needs to be £18600 or above.

For example if you earn £40,000 per year total from sales then after the costs of stock or what ever service you provide the money left over must exceed £18600 yearly.

Inbox me for more info
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

akhan48

Post by akhan48 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:53 pm

omarinbox wrote:On this whole 2 email thing.

My wife got an email today that the BHC in Islamabad had processed and it was being sent to the centre.

You should get one that mentions "processed" and one that says "concluded' (with a Ref No.) if your visa has been granted. They usually come just minutes apart.

fiza87

Post by fiza87 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:59 pm

AyeM.Ali wrote:
fiza87 wrote:Our application got refused today. I am not in a good state since this morning.I can't concentrate at work. I don't blame the immigration dept as they did thier job right. My husband recieved only one email with GWF ref at 10.00 am pak time. I just knew that the visa has been rejected. Our application got refused because i sent all documents in early october but my husband didn't apply until november because his passport was sent for renewel. My bank statement and payslips were missing for the month of October as i recieve salary at the end of each month. If i had known this earlier, i would have provided my most updated bank statement and payslip. Now i am thinking of re-applying again. If someone had the same issue then please guide me.

All the best to all the November applicants. Please be positive and patient. Hopefully , you will defiently hear good news in next coming weeks

First of all everyone, completely believe in the two email theory. I got one email yesterday. Went to collect my pqssprt today and my visa was refused. But I don't feel sad at all AlhamdoLillah. Everything happens for the best and we should all have faith in Allah Subhaan wa Taala!

I will post my reasons soon. But to summarise they refused because of the 28 days wage slips rule. It was our solicitors fault. Oh well!

Fiza87 please don't worry everything will be alright! Just apply again and have faith in Allah! I will pray for you too InshaAllah :)

Congratulations Bill07 and fullahs on getting your visas. Happy married life! :)
Hey AyeM.Ali, Thank you very much. I will pray for you too. I am feeling a lot better now. Its very frustrating when you're counting each and every day and making preparations, unknowing what the outcome will be. Then you have to start all again. May allah give us more strength. Ameen

omarinbox

Post by omarinbox » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:04 pm

akhan48 wrote:

You should get one that mentions "processed" and one that says "concluded' (with a Ref No.) if your visa has been granted. They usually come just minutes apart.
It seems we've only got a "processed" docs etc still to arrive at the Visa centre for pickup.

I feel awful now. I can't tell ,y wife this I have tp prepare to console her.

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:04 am

omarinbox wrote:
akhan48 wrote:

It seems we've only got a "processed" docs etc still to arrive at the Visa centre for pickup.

I feel awful now. I can't tell ,y wife this I have tp prepare to console her.

@omarinbox

What time did u recieve this email please ?

omarinbox

Post by omarinbox » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:38 am

Hold on my wife just tells me she received a concluded email today.

BIG weight off my mind!

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:20 am

omarinbox wrote:Hold on my wife just tells me she received a concluded email today.

BIG weight off my mind!

Well done:) after hw long did she recieve the 2nd email please tell me ?

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:44 am

@omarinbox

Comgrats it must be a relief :)

Did ur wife recieve it today ? A day apart or was it yesterday ? Hw long apart was the 2 emails ?

AyeM.Ali

Post by AyeM.Ali » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:14 am

omarinbox wrote:Hold on my wife just tells me she received a concluded email today.

BIG weight off my mind!
Congratulations in advance! :)

Bill07
Newly Registered

Post by Bill07 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:22 am

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there is a requirement to travel within 28 days or a given period once the visa has been issued?

Also in order to apply for ILR Is there a requirement to spend a continuous amount of time in UK before visa expires?

Would appreciate advice.

Thank

No interview.

Regards

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:39 am

Bill07 wrote:Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there is a requirement to travel within 28 days or a given period once the visa has been issued?

Also in order to apply for ILR Is there a requirement to spend a continuous amount of time in UK before visa expires?

Would appreciate advice.

Thank

No interview.

Regards
Congrats for the visa, there is no such restriction to say travel must be within 28 days. If your wife has been given a 33 months visa then she needs to spend 30 months in the Uk to be eligible for the second phase FLR(M), a 30 months visa. At the end of the second phase, she would have spent 5 years in the UK which will make her entitle to ILR. Having said that, during the 5 years period she is allowed time away from UK, you will have to research and interpret the rule yourself to establish what you deemed to be acceptable time away from the UK.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:14 am

BIG weight off my mind!
ahhh reading this just put a smile on my face after reading your previous post! MashaAllah .. all the best :D
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

Bill07
Newly Registered

Post by Bill07 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:26 am

Hi there,

Thanks for the advice tallo. I thought there was a requirement to travel within 28 days.

Regards

No interview.

Regards

AMB1

Post by AMB1 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:28 pm

rudey786 wrote:

BIG weight off my mind!
ahhh reading this just put a smile on my face after reading your previous post! MashaAllah .. all the best :D
Rudey 786 did u esclate for ur application ?
any updates..
NOV application are processing now hopefully will hear next couple of weeks
INSHALLAH :)
Category A
Biomatrics and document submitted Lahore : 25 Nov 2014
BHC Received : 26 Nov 2014
Escalated : 21 Jan 2015
Initial checks & pre assessment completed:26 Jan 2015
Application Processed: 2nd Feb 2015

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:31 pm

AMB1 wrote:
rudey786 wrote:

BIG weight off my mind!
Rudey 786 did u esclate for ur application ?
any updates..
NOV application are processing now hopefully will hear next couple of weeks
INSHALLAH :)
Salaam Amb1 ... Nope we are not escalating or enquiring, me and my husband are just leaving it to Allah (swt) for whenever we hear back!

Yes - They've started November this week (from forum looks like Fiza87 & Fullahs only have received outcome).

In Sha Allah all the best!
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

Kuzak

Post by Kuzak » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:09 pm

Assalam O Alaiakkum, Thought I should share my Timeline. I have enquired a day ago and have received their email saying there are no updates yet.
VAC ISB Documents Submitted: 03/12/2014
Documents Received at BHC:4/12/2014
No Current Updates: 29/01/2015

Kuzak

Post by Kuzak » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:42 pm

Any December applicants here?
VAC ISB Documents Submitted: 03/12/2014
Documents Received at BHC:4/12/2014
No Current Updates: 29/01/2015