ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

30 days stamped in ireland can we still get her a permit?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

30 days stamped in ireland can we still get her a permit?

Post by robsters » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:47 pm

my wife arrived today at Dublin. the immigration officer gave us quite a hard time unfortunatly he stamped my wife with only 30 days and i am still unemployed we were hopeing to get the full 90 days but clearly he wants to make life harder for us, can we get her the residence permit before 28th feb??

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Re: 30 days stamped in ireland can we still get her a permit

Post by 357mag » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:11 pm

It dont matter if its for one day. You are in a host state exercising treaty rights and as such you can stay for 90 days.

Article 6
Right of residence for up to three months

1. Union citizens shall have the right of residence on the territory of another Member State for a
period of up to three months without any conditions or any formalities other than the requirement to
hold a valid identity card or passport.

2. The provisions of paragraph 1 shall also apply to family members in possession of a valid
passport who are not nationals of a Member State, accompanying or joining the Union citizen.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:23 pm

Get youselves to Garda and apply

http://www.garda.ie/controller.aspx?page=31

Your wife should be issued a temporary card. It should be free.

Registration

All non-nationals who are not citizens of a member State of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, must register with An Garda Síochána and at all times have a valid registration certificate in the form of a GNIB Card. From the 19th November 2012 a fee for this card is €300 and must be paid by credit card, laser card or bank giro. This fee cannot be paid by cash. You can download an information leaflet about the fees and methods of payment in the Fees Information panel on the right hand side of this page.
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:38 pm

It says the fee for this card is 300 euros. No where it mentions its free for family members of eea nationals.

Or am I missing something?

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:01 pm

http://www.garda.ie/Documents/User/Fee% ... 202012.pdf

2. Who is exempt from payment of the fee?

5. Dependants of EU nationals who receive a residence permit under EU Directive 38/04.

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:16 pm

Thanks very much. :)

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:06 pm

what does this card do? let her stay the first 90 days? do i need a job for her to apply for this card?

Kind Regards

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:29 pm

I aint an expert, but as I understand, for first 90 days in the host country (Ireland) you are not required to exercise treaty rights. So, to extend the stay shown in the passport to bring it upto 90 days will not require you to have a job.

But if you do find a job before 30 days, then quickly make an application on form eu1 rather than going to garda for extend the stay shown on passport. You can apply with whatever documents you have and explain in the covering letter that you do not have the full documents right now, and you will forward the full documents once you have them.

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:36 pm

so we can go there and ask to extend her past the 28th feb then ? she only arrived thursday 29th jan....would it be to soon to extend her? would ease the stress of me trying to find a job in less then 30 days

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:13 pm

Go to Gardai now and register her as being in the country as wife of someone exercising treaty rights, they will give her a temporary GNIB card. You want one with temporary stamp 4 so insist on it. It should be valid for 90 days during which time you need to apply for the permanent one.

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:24 pm

thanks for the advise we went in there today just kept telling us to submit the EU1 form when i asked if they would extend her to 90 days just kept asking why on earth would you want to do that? i asked the guy at reception that i could not submit the eu1 form yet as i dont have all details to fill out on it, he said we basically have until 28th to submit the eu1 form or she has to go home? am i being given wrong info by these guys?