ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

funnyboi

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by funnyboi » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:22 pm

PAK321 wrote:
huqqapani wrote:January applications approvals are coming through thick and fast.

Not seen many December 2014 approvals yet.. so hard to predict HO's pattern of processing applications.
yes you are right, i applied 18/12/14, it looks like there is no criteria set by HO for processing time and they not doing any thing to improve their service and provide good customer service after earning huge amounts from us.
last year their was delays near about only seven days in renewing passport, it was big news on every media but for these delays no one questions them, they shouldn't take more than a week to decide
Not really, I have applied in early Jan 2015 and still waiting . It's really a straight forward application based on 10 yrs and 1 ILT but haven't heard from them, I am glad to see people are getting their approval letter but at the same time it's abit annoying HO takes ages for same date application much longer. Just sitting and prying everyday to comes soon :(

sandy131
Newly Registered

Post by sandy131 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:49 pm

My timeline:
Eligibility criteria: Tier 1+ILR
Language criteria met: NARIC+Life in UK test
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Tower Hamlets
Date of application: 29/12/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of acknowledgment: 06/01/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 06/01/2015
Date approval received: 03/02/2015(dated 24/01/2015) :D
Date of ceremony: awaiting

kingdip2oct
Newly Registered

Post by kingdip2oct » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:45 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: Postal on 13/01/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 19/01/2015
Date of debit of fees: 16/01/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 19/01/2015
Date of receipt of approval: waiting...
Date of Ceremony: waiting...

Plus i just want to know that HO issue any new rules in 5th jan 2015? Because one of my friend told me that if someone overstayed in past than thay have to wait until 10 years sicw thay received legal staus in UK.
I mean i came in UK in 2006 than overstayed for 1month after my visa expired than in 2010 i got spouse visa and till than to now i am clear with rules and regulations but still I overstayed for one month in 2006 so is it going to be issue for me?
Please let me know if someone has a same issue as i have.
Thanks.

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:04 am

those rules were introduced on 11th of December last year.

aumar

Post by aumar » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:21 am

Thanks so much for your kind replies.

Recent FOI figures showing a huge backlog and I think average time is around 8/9 months now except the lucky ones who are getting the decisions quicker.

Surely, they is a way to raise our protest at a public forum where our concerns can be heard and reach out to the bosses. I feel, if perhaps we can all start campaigning for this, may be we can expect a fair treatment for us and for all the people applying in the future. I'm talking about those people waiting for 6 months and more. We are settled now and apparently hold the same rights as Brits, so why not we voice out like the passport delays issues and I'm sure this will do the trick?

Home office is a reactive institute and for such organisations, the pressure must be on to get things done. Just saying, please feel free to give your opinion.

benson147
Newly Registered

Post by benson147 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:52 am

aumar wrote:Thanks so much for your kind replies.

Recent FOI figures showing a huge backlog and I think average time is around 8/9 months now except the lucky ones who are getting the decisions quicker.

Surely, they is a way to raise our protest at a public forum where our concerns can be heard and reach out to the bosses. I feel, if perhaps we can all start campaigning for this, may be we can expect a fair treatment for us and for all the people applying in the future. I'm talking about those people waiting for 6 months and more. We are settled now and apparently hold the same rights as Brits, so why not we voice out like the passport delays issues and I'm sure this will do the trick?

Home office is a reactive institute and for such organisations, the pressure must be on to get things done. Just saying, please feel free to give your opinion.

AM in for it, where or how do we start.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:25 am

benson147 wrote:

should be done, am up for it too

Tobi
Newly Registered

Post by Tobi » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:56 am

Tobi wrote:Eligibility criteria: 10yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS Tower Hamlets
Date of receipt by UKBA: 07 Jan 2015 (DX Tracking)
Date of debit of fees: 13 Jan 2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 17 Jan 2015 dated 13/01/2015
Date of receipt of approval: 03 Feb 2015 dated 24 Jan 2015
Date of Ceremony: 12 Feb 2015
Updates in Red...

aumar

Post by aumar » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:40 am

benson147 wrote:

Honestly I don't know but may be if someone senior could advice. I'm thinking to may be send email or letter to BBC panorama? Involving our local MP's but for that we need to make a separate forum to discuss in detail? Last resort is to protest in large numbers outside parliament or Home office or Home Secretary office. That's way too much but still an option. I have just seen a lucky one received approval within a week. What's that? Where are their so called extensive checks? Also I think we need to keep our identity descreet as much as we can to stay low and don't get caught by this ruthless department and become target of revenge.

Open to discussion and opinion?

Yajiv
Newly Registered

Post by Yajiv » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:53 am

No of Applicants: 1Adult
Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (Aberdeen)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 25th Nov 2014
Date of debit of fees: 4th Dec 2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 9th Dec 2014
Date of receipt of approval: 03rd Feb 2015 (Dated 01st Feb 2015 - who knew the HO worked on a Sunday! ... go figure)

988trader
Newly Registered

Post by 988trader » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:15 pm

Applied 26/12/14 via NCS CROYDON
HO received 06/01/15
Fees deducted 12/01/15
Waiting..........
Freedom of information question....Does HO know December 2014 comes before January 2015??

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:56 pm

aumar wrote:
benson147 wrote:

Honestly I don't know but may be if someone senior could advice. I'm thinking to may be send email or letter to BBC panorama? Involving our local MP's but for that we need to make a separate forum to discuss in detail? Last resort is to protest in large numbers outside parliament or Home office or Home Secretary office. That's way too much but still an option. I have just seen a lucky one received approval within a week. What's that? Where are their so called extensive checks? Also I think we need to keep our identity descreet as much as we can to stay low and don't get caught by this ruthless department and become target of revenge.

Open to discussion and opinion?
Apparently they don't care. Elections are coming near and no body will care about immigrants now.
Mine has taken more than 6 months and I am also fed up. Mine was rejected and got a call from caseworker that my case was fine but she did a mistake and I need to fill a NR form. Since 2 months nothing has happened. Once it crosses 6 months, they dont have any timeline. They will delay it more as it does not affect their timelines. I am thinking of talking help of my local MP.

nkim2222

Post by nkim2222 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Hi all i got a ceremony invitation at Newham council finally my name appeared on the lis:
10 years stay in UK .
Approved on 24th jan received 30th jan 2015.
Ceremony 10th feb 2015.

All the best my lovely people and those waiting just b patient as i always said b4 it will come..
See you at passport section mates..
God Bless you all ..

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:14 pm

[quote="nkim2222"]Hi all i got a ceremony invitation at Newham council finally my name appeared on the lis:
10 years stay in UK .
Ceremony 10th feb 2015.

when did you apply?

ollymma
Newly Registered

Post by ollymma » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:36 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 2yr HSMP + 3yr Tier 1 (+ 1yr ILR (Self + Wife + Children)
Method of application: Postal (through Solicitor)
Date sent to UKBA: 07/01/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08/01/2015
Date of debit of fees: 14/01/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 19/01/2015 (dated 14/01/2015)
Date of receipt of approval: 04/02/2015 (dated 02/02/2015)
Date of Ceremony: Awaiting letter from my Council Register Office (Hopefully next Wednesday 11/02/2015)

nkim2222

Post by nkim2222 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:43 pm

zabizabi wrote:
nkim2222 wrote:Hi all i got a ceremony invitation at Newham council finally my name appeared on the lis:
10 years stay in UK .
Ceremony 10th feb 2015.

when did you apply?
I applied on 16th June 2014 ..am one of those who applied when there was transitions LoooooooL..But i was patient and positive i just kept myself buzy but i could feel the pain of the waiting game LooL..

happygirl0580
Newly Registered

Post by happygirl0580 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:04 pm

benson147 wrote:

am silk and tired of HO, please how do we start?

PAK321

Post by PAK321 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:01 pm

benson147 wrote:

me 2, ready to go on streets, even after i got my certificate, i will do it for other upcoming applicants.

sandy131
Newly Registered

Post by sandy131 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:51 pm

sandy131 wrote:My timeline:
Eligibility criteria: Tier 1+ILR
Language criteria met: NARIC+Life in UK test
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Tower Hamlets
Date of application: 29/12/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of acknowledgment: 06/01/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 06/01/2015
Date approval received: 03/02/2015(dated 24/01/2015) :D
Date of ceremony: 12/02/2015
Got the date for the ceremony,many thanks All.

sherkhan297

Post by sherkhan297 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:33 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 2yr WP + 3yr Tier 1 + 1yr ILR (Self + Wife)
Method of Application: NCS Chelmsford
Date of Application: 24/07/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 28/07/2014
Date of debit of fees: 07/08/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 09/08/2014 (dated 06/08/2014)
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting

It has been 6 months on 28/01/15 since reciept by ukba. I only called the HO from the 6th month
HO Call dates -
02/01/2015 - mentioned its under consideration and to wait until 28/1/15 as 6 months will be complete then. The person also mentioned that I could write a letter if I didn't get anything until then. Also mentioned that HO would send out a letter to us in case it was getting delayed beyond 6 months.
22/01/15 - same response, under consideration and to wait until 28/01/15 as that's when 6 months are up.
28/01/15 - same response, under consideration, but now this person said the 6 months will be up on 06/02/15 not 28/01/15 as the fees was deducted on 06/08/14 and caseworker allocated at that time! So to wait another week until 06/02/15. He mentioned he will put in the notes to remind caseworker, but doubt this really helped as nothing so far and it's 06/02/15 day after.

Plan to call tomorrow 05/02/15 but expecting the same response. Hence will be writing a letter as well early next week with a few queries around my application (which was in theory a very straight forward application).

Would anyone know the address where we are to post the letter to? as I couldn't find it on their site.

I see there's a few people applied in may/June/July 2014 and still waiting.. Hope we all get this soon!

Thanks very much for all the help

Regards

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:31 am

Is it worth asking Citizens Advice Bureau for advice on where to go. Surely something can be done. How can an orgnanisation be so careless in dealing after charging close to £1000 per application. In this day and age, we can take supermarkets to courts for minor shortcomings etc. why cant UKBA be treated like that...

Aaman612
Newly Registered

Post by Aaman612 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:34 am

7 months and 2 weeks now. 25th June application. No response. I see there are few in the same category.

aumar

Post by aumar » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:02 am

HuqqaPani, Let's plan out and find out more info how to attack them in an organised manner. We only get as much as we fight for- that's perfectly suited quote said for home Office.

I appeal all of you to please come up with a proper strategy that can be devised to atleast to send the message out, through media, protest,mass complains or anything?

Passport issues last year only came onto scene because people had to cancel their holidays and suffered losses due to delays and that was a kick in the teeth but no one knows they are doing this to us all. Unless we raise our voices we won't get any help.

This is getting ridiculously frustrating and unacceptable.

nkim2222

Post by nkim2222 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:22 am

Hey people pliz don't causr unnecessary protest..its not your right to have brit passport. .just wait and be positive. IIt will come when they are done..

dkara
Newly Registered

Post by dkara » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:33 am

Eligibility criteria: 6 years EEA without ILR or PR card
Language criteria met: UK PhD degree + Life in The UK Test
Method of application: Special delivery by lawyer
Date of application: 20/10/2014
Date application received: 21/10/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 05/11/2014
Date of acknowledgment letter received: 13/11/2014 dated 05/11/2014
Date approval received: 05/02/2015 dated 30/01/2015 :D
Date of ceremony: TBC
Last edited by dkara on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.