ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General extension with dependant spouse

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nithin.kriz
Mood:

Tier 2 General extension with dependant spouse

Post by nithin.kriz » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Please could someone do a sanity check on the below :

My situation:
1. Switched from PSW to T2 General on January 2012 (3 years - Expiring on January 2015).
2. Applying for extension along with dependant spouse.

Questions;
1. I do not need to provide evidence of funds maintenance since this is an extension application.
2. I do not need to provide evidence of English language requirements since I have already proven it in my previous application.
3. My spouse do not need to provide evidence of fund maintenance since ' The PBS main applicant is making an application for an extension of their existing leave'.
4. I am applying for extension for 3 more years as in the COS already allotted (expiring january 2018) - Maximum length of stay on tier 2 general is 6 years.

'YES' for all the above would mean i have to only send our passports, BRP and photographs to support our application since the COS states the rest.

I would really appreciate a sanity check on the above... Me and my friend would hugely benefit as we both are in the same situation.

Many thanks...

vinny

Re: Tier 2 General extension with dependant spouse

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:13 am

1. Seems correct
245HD wrote:(j) The applicant must have a minimum of 10 points under paragraphs 4 to 5 of Appendix C.
Appendix C wrote:5. 10 points will only be awarded if:
(b) the applicant has entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain as:
(i) a Tier 2 Migrant
2. Seems correct
245HD wrote:(i) The applicant must have a minimum of 10 points under paragraphs 1 to 16 of Appendix B.
Appendix B wrote:11. Subject to paragraph 15 below, 10 points will be awarded for meeting the requirement in a previous grant of leave if the applicant:
(i) has ever been granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant, a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant or Business person, or a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Migrant, or
Tier 2: English language requirement wrote:You must award 10 points for English language if they:
have previously been granted leave under a Tier 2 category, and already provided evidence of meeting the English language requirement
3. Seems correct
319C wrote:(g) Unless the Relevant Points Based System Migrant is a Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant or a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Migrant, there must be a sufficient level of funds available to the applicant, as set out in Appendix E.
Immigration Rules: Appendix E wrote:(o) Where the Relevant Points Based System Migrant is applying for entry clearance or leave to remain at the same time as the applicant, and is not required to provide evidence of maintenance funds because of the provisions in paragraph 5(b) of Appendix C, the applicant is also not required to provide evidence of maintenance funds.
4. See also 245HD, Tier 2 (General): continuing to work in the same job for the same sponsor and 6. Extend your visa.

For example,
245HD wrote:(f) If applying as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant, the applicant must have a minimum of 50 points under paragraphs 76 to 79D of Appendix A.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nithin.kriz
Mood:

Post by nithin.kriz » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:39 pm

Thanks a lot for clarifying and reiterating the points from the home office links.. very useful...

Please could someone share their experience of extending tier 2 along with dependents...

nithin.kriz
Mood:

Post by nithin.kriz » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Posting a link below which is of relevance for extension applications

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 74391.html

jayeshkaushik

Post by jayeshkaushik » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:57 am

Hello nithin.kriz, I am in exactly same situation as yours and going to apply for T2 General extension with my wife.
I just want to check if you had send any proof of maintenance, english language etc. As per guideline it is not required.
Have you got your visa?

Thanks
Jayesh

nithin.kriz
Mood:

Post by nithin.kriz » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi Jayesh,

As i was extending my T2G with the same sponsor on the same SOC code, I did not provide any proof of fund maintenance. Also I had proven the english language requirement in my initial T2G application, therefore I did not submit proof of this either.

I had made a postal application on 19th DEC 2014 and provided Biometrics on 10th Jan 2015. Awaiting decision and BRP now..

Regards

jayeshkaushik

Post by jayeshkaushik » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:28 pm

Nithin,

Thanks for your reply. I am also extending my T2G with same employer and possible in same soc code (because soc has changed since our last application).
So in this case I just need to send my Passport, BRP and photograph along with my application because COS will have rest of the details?

Thanks and Regards
Jayesh