ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (LR) application fee heavily rising from £1093 to £1500

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

SET (LR) application fee heavily rising from £1093 to £1500

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:21 am

Hello applicants,
UKVI previously known as UKBA is going to increase the set lr long residence application fee very heavily from April from £1093 to £1500. So anyone who is intending to apply in April start saving and planned beforehand from now.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 15-to-2016
Last edited by UKBA HUNTER on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

wf
Member of Standing

Re: SET (LR) application fee heavily rising from £1093 to £1

Post by wf » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:16 am

Looks like the same thing they did to Tier 1 extension fees a couple of years back.. they really need to be reined in as there is no justification for fee increases of this level.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:09 pm

UKBA HUNTER wrote:Hello applicants,
UKVI previously known as UKBA is going to increase the set lr long residence application fee very heavily from April from £1093 to £1500. So anyone who is intending to apply in April start saving and planned beforehand from now.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_2015.pdf

They r the biggest thieves.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:08 pm

askhan

Post by askhan » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi Mate,

The link isn't working. I have tried searching on Google cant find any link.

Please provide us the source.

THanks
A
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:58 pm

The link I gave immediately above your post works

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Zee ali wrote:
UKBA HUNTER wrote:Hello applicants,

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_2015.pdf

They r the biggest thieves.
UKBA, Royal mail, London underground belongs to same one family whose mission is to earn heavily at the cost of zero improvement. One day they may compete TESCO :mrgreen:
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:04 am

Not just SET (LR), but SET(M) too in increasing from £1093 to £1500

Going to apply for ILR for my other half and the earliest we can apply is in late May/early June, just after the fee increases :(
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:15 am

Not just for LR or SET(M) but for SET (O) as well.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:43 am

1500-1093= £407 increase in one shot is too high :shock: . Why no one from applicants ever dare to ask them such unjustifiable increase :idea:

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:46 am

We have just nobody to represent ,ppl who have got ILR are least bothered and the remaining ones have no choice.
We have absolute no representation and the media never highlights these tricks of the government .

Hello 27

Post by Hello 27 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:07 pm

Hi In which month new fees will apply.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:14 am

Hello 27 wrote:Hi In which month new fees will apply.
From 6 April 2015

pebb1ee

Post by pebb1ee » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:52 am

I am going to book an appointment for April 12th for applying ILR using SET O Form at the end of March.
The question is do i have to use the new form which will be available around 6th april 2015 and do i need to pay the new fees?

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:50 am

Preferable.
Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:25 pm

vinny wrote:Preferable.
Yes.
Hello Vinny and other members,

Please advise me as i have got a case similar to above poster and want to book an PEO appointment in march 2015 for april 2015. but as far as i am aware, i dont need to pay the new fees as full fees will already be paid in March.

I have also found an old post from 2014 where users did not pay extra fees even when it was raised to current amount of £1053.

here is the link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 60424.html

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:08 pm

For those of you who are booking an appointment before the fee increases but the appointment date being after 6 April 2015 will not pay the new fee increase. You will only pay the old fee prior to the increase.

Remember, you can book 42 days prior to the required appointment date, so anyone who is eligible before 18 May 2015 can potentially get away by paying the old fee and it is strongly recommended you book your appointment early.

I, unfortunately won't be applying for my other half until 26 May 2015 as that is when the eligible date is, so gutted as the date is just over the week for me so i will have to fork out an extra £407 :(

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:16 pm

as @wf pointed out, Tier-1(general) were targeted for last 2-3 years with constant 50% hike
and since even extension is closed for main applicants of Tier-1(General)
target has been shifted to ILR applicants

We formed a FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/UKITF/ (link also in my signature.)
to come together and form some action group but unfortunately members mostly have been pessimistic mainly to do the fact of cost of proposed Judicial Review.
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

pebb1ee

Post by pebb1ee » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:39 pm

WR1 wrote:For those of you who are booking an appointment before the fee increases but the appointment date being after 6 April 2015 will not pay the new fee increase. You will only pay the old fee prior to the increase.

Remember, you can book 42 days prior to the required appointment date, so anyone who is eligible before 18 May 2015 can potentially get away by paying the old fee and it is strongly recommended you book your appointment early.

I, unfortunately won't be applying for my other half until 26 May 2015 as that is when the eligible date is, so gutted as the date is just over the week for me so i will have to fork out an extra £407 :(
If the appointment is booked on 29th March for April 12th. Do i have to use the new form or i can still use the old form?

thanks

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:34 pm

Hi, If I want an appointment in July and I book a date in for May (using the old fee), can I reschedule it every few weeks until I get to the date I wanted with the old fee I paid before the changes to the fee... ???

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:12 pm

Chase53 wrote:Hi, If I want an appointment in July and I book a date in for May (using the old fee), can I reschedule it every few weeks until I get to the date I wanted with the old fee I paid before the changes to the fee... ???
Hello mate

you cannot book a date in July with old fees, the last date you can probably book with the old fees will be 17th may 2015.

and you cannot re-schedule it to get it to the date, because once you book a PEO date, you will loose some money if you cancel the appointment, i think its about £100

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:54 am

Thanks for your reply and I agree that you will lose £100 if you cancel the appointment however, rescheduling is free and can reschedule as many times as possible, I think.

So if you want to postpone beyond 17th May, do we have to pay the difference of the new fees or will it be automatically cancelled and refund us the money after taking the cancellation fee of £100??

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:35 pm

Chase53 wrote:Thanks for your reply and I agree that you will lose £100 if you cancel the appointment however, rescheduling is free and can reschedule as many times as possible, I think.

So if you want to postpone beyond 17th May, do we have to pay the difference of the new fees or will it be automatically cancelled and refund us the money after taking the cancellation fee of £100??
That's a good question. Normally when you reschedule, you don't have to pay the fees again as payment would already have been taken. However, with the fee changes, the question is would the system recognise the fee increase and ask to pay the difference.

Only someone who has already tried this method from say last year with the fee increase would be able to advise, but the only way of knowing would be to try it yourself. I may try it too as my other half misses out by just over a week for booking the appointment. If it works, I could potential save £407 and it would be a nice loophole in paying the increased fee.

If it doesn't work, you are asked to pay the fee increase which you would have paid anyway if booking after the fee changes, so nothing to lose.

BTW, you would not be charged a cancellation fee if you cancel at least 5 working days before the appointment and are given a FULL refund.

You don't want to cancel but reschedule so you won't be charged the £100 in those circumstances.

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:47 pm

WR1 wrote:
That's a good question. Normally when you reschedule, you don't have to pay the fees again as payment would already have been taken. However, with the fee changes, the question is would the system recognise the fee increase and ask to pay the difference.

Only someone who has already tried this method from say last year with the fee increase would be able to advise, but the only way of knowing would be to try it yourself. I may try it too as my other half misses out by just over a week for booking the appointment. If it works, I could potential save £407 and it would be a nice loophole in paying the increased fee.

If it doesn't work, you are asked to pay the fee increase which you would have paid anyway if booking after the fee changes, so nothing to lose.

BTW, you would not be charged a cancellation fee if you cancel at least 5 working days before the appointment.
Hi WR1, I completely agree with whatever you said. And the best way to find it out is trying self and we got nothing to lose, if we find, it doesn't work or causes some other problems then we can always cancel it before 5 working days but its definitely worth a try :D

Hoping someone from the forum may have tried this last year and would give us their feed back 8)

bobsmuss
Newly Registered

Post by bobsmuss » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:13 pm

Rescheduling sounds dodgy. What if they consider this as indication of not being a "good character"?

I have posted the following in "British Citizenship" section of this forum (though people there are not affected as much as ones applying for ILR).

Read this please:

Can we bring HomeOffice to court?
What can be ground for it is the following document that they published in November 2013 justifying increase for other visa categories.

Document is here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _visas.pdf

Look at the clause at the beginning of page 12.

In addition, we have certain statutory obligations to offer reduced fees or exemptions; for example,
fees must not present a barrier to migrants exercising their Human Rights. In order to maintain
the required level of funding for our immigration system, any reduction in income as a result of
lowering the fee for one route, must be offset by increases elsewhere.
This has led to a situation where the fee paid for some routes may not clearly reflect the benefits of
a successful application. For example, the fee for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) is the same as,
or lower than, the fee for some Tier 1 applications, even though ILR allows the successful applicant
to settle permanently in the UK, with access to a wider range of public funds and service

So what HomeOffice should be asked is whether sudden increase of ILR fees for 37% from 1093 to 1500 GBP could
represent a barrier for migrants to exercise their Human Rights (in a way that was a concern for HomeOffice in 2013 but doesn't seem to be anymore?).

What do you think guys?