ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa for wife &Child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ariesnr
Mood:
India

Dependent visa for wife &Child

Post by ariesnr » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:48 pm

Dear All,

I have a bit of a tricky situation ...hoping to get advice on Visa application for my wife & Child from India.Both wife and child have Indian passport.

I am a naturalised British Citizen( Indian National before) from 2011 ( 2 years work permit+2 years HSMP+1 year Tier 1 General--ILR---Naturalisation)

I got married in India in November 2008-wife got dependent visa within 2 week,came to UK December 2008 ( HSMP Dependent)/then got extended as dependent Tier 1 general.Wife was in UK till Nov 2009,had to go back to India for delivery of our child in April 2010.

Wife and child returned back to UK as dependents of settled person( I had ILR at that time) in October 2010.( visa was issued in October 2010,valid until December 2012).

Due to unexpected personal/Work/family situations wife& child had to go back to India in Jan 2012 and had to stay there till now.

I am planning to apply for a Visa for my wife and child to return to UK .

1.What type of visa will my wife and or child will get?

2.What would be the potential problem/drawback when applying for visa?Any advice if any extra documents has to be submitted for visa application?

3.Will they follow 2 years or 5 year route for settlement?

4.Worth applying through Immigration Lawyers or can i do it personally?

5.English Language/Income/TB /Subsisting marriage----all conditions are meet.

I know its a messy situation.....and so many missed chances for settling /getting citizenship!!!

Many thanks for the Advice

Regards
Ariesnr

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent visa for wife &Child

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:56 pm

1.What type of visa will my wife and or child will get? Spouse and child of settled person - use form VAF4A

2.What would be the potential problem/drawback when applying for visa?Any advice if any extra documents has to be submitted for visa application?
Look at the guidance and form VAF4A and search the forum

3.Will they follow 2 years or 5 year route for settlement? 5 years which is made up of initial visa for 2.5 years and then an extension for another 2.5 years. Financial and English requirement etc needs to be met at each stage/application of the process

4.Worth applying through Immigration Lawyers or can i do it personally? Choice is yours. Relatively simple if you meet ALL the requirements.

5.English Language/Income/TB /Subsisting marriage----all conditions are meet. YYou need to meet the income requirement of £22,400pa and your wife needs to pass English Level A1 to meet the language requirement. TB also

I know its a messy situation.....and so many missed chances for settling /getting citizenship!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.