ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PROTEST AT GNIB

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

desifighter
Newly Registered

Importent Issue!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by desifighter » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:08 pm

"Those who had been in the country legally at the time of their wedding could "contact their local immigration office with a view to regularising their status in the State by renewing their original permission to remain".

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/frontp ... 81381.html

Hi Guyz,

I really dont underst wot Immigration guys are doing. i have been to GNIB office n ask them what is this for.....and the guy from window 15 say's ask from DOJ.....n no comments....

I called to DOJ n they end up the call by saying ask GNIB ..........on 01-6167700

so we can add this thing tommo in the protest..........

regards

Desifighter

seabhcan

Post by seabhcan » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:46 pm

Can anyone tell me:

When the protest begins?

Where do we meet?

desifighter
Newly Registered

Tooo Bad

Post by desifighter » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:13 pm

Its really bad from GREENAPPLE as he didn't show up nothing. Everyone is waiting ........................?

ves
Newly Registered

Post by ves » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:17 pm

hi guys,
its still not clear if there is protest tomorrow or not...but PLEASE if there is one,come tomorrow..i know everthing was very quick,but this is how the news are striking us ..and maybe it could be organized better,but now the most important is to let irish public know what is happening to their working mates,neighbours or friends..xx

ves
Newly Registered

Post by ves » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:19 pm

..and we shouldnt pressure green apple..am sure he will let us know on time ..

desifighter
Newly Registered

Post by desifighter » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:22 pm

I know ...what he is doing is really appreciated....but if he took the responsibility then its already evenning then few people dont have access to internet at home.

GreenApple
Newly Registered

PROTEST AT GNIB

Post by GreenApple » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:21 pm

GreenApple

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:10 pm Post subject: PROTEST AT GNIB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys. i m trying to get srgent Pau dolan..on 01-6669055..but cant get him..will everybody plz try to contact him n get permission.....for protest

GreenApple
Newly Registered

PROTEST AT GNIB

Post by GreenApple » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:26 pm

hi guys..i know its bit late but beleive me i was in Garda station for permissin and the y give me this number which i post last time..i did try to get him but no luck...look i dinot appreciate to take law in hand..but we have a way..can we please meet at Preas Station Garda station or GNIB @ 5:30.....we all need to go together and submit the protest application at Pears street Garda station..Lets make the protest next week..when its fine maybe MONDAY..but fior this please meet at GNIB outside @ 5:30...please pm me if you are coming and give me your detail...looking forwarsd to see as many people as possible...

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:14 pm

Sorry, it's not working out with the permissions. Lets meet in front of GNIB at 5 30 pm atleast to organize it better for a later date.

archigabe

Re: Importent Issue!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by archigabe » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:23 pm

desifighter wrote:"Those who had been in the country legally at the time of their wedding could "contact their local immigration office with a view to regularising their status in the State by renewing their original permission to remain".
http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/frontp ... 81381.html
Desifighter
This thread is for the protest,please start a new thread with your question, others and I will be happy to give you suggestions without taking this thread in a different direction.

GreenApple
Newly Registered

PROTEST AT GNIB

Post by GreenApple » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:47 am

hi Guys,

please look in was me who ask everybody to take part in protest and i will also request dont go to protest today..and meet outside GNIB at 5:30 today so we can organized better and can go to Garda station together and submit letter fior protest.I will have grey color jacket..please come forward..

seabhcan

Post by seabhcan » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:40 am

I won't make 5.30 today (too short notice) but I'll try for the main protest next week.

(By the way... Why do we need permission from the Gardai to protest?)

GreenApple
Newly Registered

PROTEST AT GNIB

Post by GreenApple » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:00 am

hi guys..

i m soryy for not gettibg permision but i did try my best to get this man but no luck...anyway i did went to gnib about 5:50..traffic ws so bad in city cenntre..bt my wife ws there at 5:30 n she jus saw one girl...r u guys really serious about protest??i do appreciate if this girl can pm me n only serious people who will turbup this time please.

seabhcan

Re: PROTEST AT GNIB

Post by seabhcan » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:35 am

GreenApple wrote:r u guys really serious about protest??
GreenApple - are you serious about organizing the protest??? I've been asking all week two simple questions and no-body answered:

When is the protest and where is the protest!

If you can't answer these questions you shouldn't be surprised that no-one shows up.

More questions: Why do you think you need permission to protest? You don't. We can just show up and protest when ever we want.

Why protest at the GNIB? The Dept Justice makes the rules. Lets protest there.

GreenApple
Newly Registered

PROTEST AT GNIB

Post by GreenApple » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:35 pm

seabhcan
GreenApple - are you serious about organizing the protest??? I've been asking all week two simple questions and no-body answered:

When is the protest and where is the protest!

If you can't answer these questions you shouldn't be surprised that no-one shows up.

More questions: Why do you think you need permission to protest? You don't. We can just show up and protest when ever we want.

Why protest at the GNIB? The Dept Justice makes the rules. Lets protest there.

hi,,

Please read my last few comments..We need permission so they will look after the security during protest as we never knew if somebody will start unpeacfull protest.I will appreciate if you and me we can go together for peromission from garda maybe tuesday?? isit ok for you???iof know let me know when is ok to go together??

seabhcan

Post by seabhcan » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:13 am

It's not practical for me as I don't work in Dublin center.

I think its very unlikely that anyone will cause problems, but how about you set the time and day of the protest in advance, and then ask for permission.

That way people can plan ahead and get some time off work. If we don't get permission, then we go ahead anyway.

I also think we should protest outside the Dept Justice and not the GNIB (protest the puppeteer not the puppet) and do it in the morning, rather than at 5:30 pm

If we decide on the time and place several days in advance, then it will be much easier to organise some press coverage.

GreenApple
Newly Registered

PROTEST AT GNIB

Post by GreenApple » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:08 am

seabhcan
I also think we should protest outside the Dept Justice and not the GNIB (protest the puppeteer not the puppet) and do it in the morning, rather than at 5:30 pm

If we decide on the time and place several days in advance, then it will be much easier to organise some press coverage.

Hi GUYS,

IF WE ALL AGREE WE CAN GO HEAD FOR NEXT FRIDAY(21-09-2007)...EVERYBODY PLEASE COME GNIB(IMMIGRATION OFFICE FOR EU TREATY RIGHTS SECTION,13-14 BURGE QUAY,DUBLIBN-2) PLEASE BRING SOME BANNEN FOR YOUR SELF TO PICKUP DURING PROTEST....I WILL MAKE LOTSS OF INFORMATION BROCHERS TO DISTRIBUTE DURING THE PROTEST...PLEASE COME AT GNIB OFFICE AT 8 AS WE DID PLAN EARLY...IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIOPN OR WANT TO HELP ME TO ORGANIZED THIS PROTEST BETTER PLEASE COME FORWARD

seabhcan

Post by seabhcan » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:19 am

What time on Friday?

Do you want help writing those info brochures?

ves
Newly Registered

Post by ves » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:42 pm

hi everybody
i think its not a good sign that no response has been given since monday about the protest..please can someone confirm anything cause many of my friends (including irish) will come to support us...

seabhcan

Post by seabhcan » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:13 pm

ves wrote:hi everybody
i think its not a good sign that no response has been given since monday about the protest..please can someone confirm anything cause many of my friends (including irish) will come to support us...
If nobody knows what time the protest is, how can they know if they can come?

desifighter
Newly Registered

Post by desifighter » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:57 am

Hi All

Hey common everyone ....just take it easy....it never gonna happen. so its better don't come in anyone's words. if still someone is waiting then they are wasting their time.