ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bigboy86

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Bigboy86 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:18 pm

hi guys

just to let everyone know that i have not ran away, i am in the tracker as bigboy86. i applied on 10th oct and am still waiting for the response from home office. although i must also mention that my case was not straight forward and i had to apply through a solicitor because i had 91 days gap in 2009 due to fees issue where they returned my application first time because the fee was not deducted, then second time they refused it because i sent a bank statement with not enough money init and then i made a fresh application third time through a solicitor and got my tier 4.

still waiting to see what home office has decided.

good luck to everyone who is waiting and congrats to everyone who got their approval.

PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS, I REALLY NEED IT.

mizanbg
Newly Registered

Post by mizanbg » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:28 pm

Ashblackhawk wrote:For the benefit of people here is list of documents that I had got from my solicitor when i applied for ilr via 10 years long residence route 18 months back. There is no need for too many documents but it is always in positive light to provide minimum plus extra.

A) All P60s
B) Employer letter confirming employment with dates and designation
C) Photographs
D) Last 3 months original payslips (not older than last 1 month)
E) Last 3 months Original Bank statements (not older than last 1 month)
F) All passports and Biometric residence permits
G) Home office letters (if you have any)
H) Life in the UK test
I) Any voluntary work certificate
J) Marriage certificate
K) details of absences from UK
L) Last five years of address

In theory only C,F and H are required but all other documents are just for supporting your case. Beside if you have any land registry certificate or mortgage statement add them too. Better to overdo than being sorry.

Good luck guys..

You are confusing people here, these long list of documents are not necessary. Please don't confuse people here. The main test of 10 years residency is continuous 10 years lawful stay, no criminal records, language and life in the UK along with fees and photographs. Anyone meeting this criteria have no problem as it is a law not a discretionary leave. So please do not make complicated by providing so many documents when there is no need.

Leo.Leo

Post by Leo.Leo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:40 am

mzi103 wrote:
Leo.Leo wrote:Hi,
Can someone please add my Detail on SET(LR) Time line sheet.

Documents Posted:- 30/01/2015
Acknowledgement:- 07/02/2015
Biometric Letter:-
Biometric Done :-
Decision Date :_
Doc RTN:-
Result:-

your details are updated. BEST OF LUCK
Thanks a lot Mate.Appreciate that !

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:47 pm

Ashblackhawk wrote:For the benefit of people here is list of documents that I had got from my solicitor when i applied for ilr via 10 years long residence route 18 months back. There is no need for too many documents but it is always in positive light to provide minimum plus extra.

A) All P60s
C) Photographs
H) Life in the UK test
J) Marriage certificate

In theory only C,F and H are required but all other documents are just for supporting your case. Beside if you have any land registry certificate or mortgage statement add them too. Better to overdo than being sorry.

Good luck guys..
Thank you for the list above, but to be honest there is no need to provide/include most of the items on your list. This is because 10 years Long Residency Application (SET LR) only requires the following;
1) Life in the UK Test Certificate.
2) English Language Certificate (UK BSc, MSc, or PhD certificate will suffice)
3) Recent Passport Photographs
4) All your Past and Present Passports with Visas on them. + BRP if you have one
5) Completed SET LR application form.
Hope this helps new members who are looking to apply for their ILR using SET LR form
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Brightlove
Newly Registered

Post by Brightlove » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi sorry for the long time replying , for someone who asked me if my case straight forward. My case was through a solicitor and been waiting since my biometrics where done on Friday 3rd October 2014(application done in September time). As I was reading my application with is a 19-22.5 ILR private life in the UK is way over due. This has got me worried but as I was reading and surfing through the net the HO say it usually takes up to 6months to clear 95% of the cases? And if that's thr case my 6months will be in March since I sent my application. I haven't received any letter or my solicitor stating that my application might take longer. I am very scared to ring the HO because I don't know what to expect.

Regards

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:57 pm

cool mind wrote:Hello board,
One of my friend recently got ILR based on long residence and when he was on night duty the UKBA officers raided the property in search of EU national & non-EU national couple who about to marry. But in same big house they captured two illegal immigrants too as the whole house is sharing. UKBA officers cut the luggage of my friend too who has ILR and in his absence checked all of his documents too and messed up the whole of his items. When my friend came back from night work then he amazed and don't know what should he do?? His all papers and documents are scattered and messed but nothing has been taken. Now kindly tell me that what should he do because on warrant letter its only written the name of those two illegals immigrants in the column of items/materials seized. So guys what should my friend do and does he in danger too??
Cool mind tell your friend to do nothing. UKBA have a warrant to search the property for any illegal immigrant, irrespective of who is occupying the rooms in the shared apartment they are required to check everyone. The good news is they did not take any of his document and he came back from work found all his documents intact. Advise him to do nothing. :lol:
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Ashblackhawk is correct in one sense
Check UKVI guidance for case workers

at one sense they are told to look at such aspects

Guidance version 12.0
Valid October 2014

Taking in to account applicants
Age, strength of connections in UK
Personal history character conduct associations
Employment record domestic circumstances compassionate circumstances and representations received on his behalf

Check page 5 please

Please ch
Spatacus wrote:

A) All P60s
C) Photographs
H) Life in the UK test
J) Marriage certificate

Good luck guys..
Thank you for the list above, but to be honest there is no need to provide/include most of the items on your list. This is because 10 years Long Residency Application (SET LR) only requires the following;
1) Life in the UK Test Certificate.
2) English Language Certificate (UK BSc, MSc, or PhD certificate will suffice)
3) Recent Passport Photographs
4) All your Past and Present Passports with Visas on them. + BRP if you have one
5) Completed SET LR application form.
Hope this helps new members who are looking to apply for their ILR using SET LR form

mzi103

Post by mzi103 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:47 pm

i was checking timeline sheet. i have found that there is less number of applications in december and january.

can i guess that it will take less time to process the applications of December and January and applicants will get results quickly as compared to September and October applicants.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:06 pm

mzi103 wrote:i was checking timeline sheet. i have found that there is less number of applications in december and january.

can i guess that it will take less time to process the applications of December and January and applicants will get results quickly as compared to September and October applicants.
Hi mate time line sheet is not the exact applications processing in home office but it's a guessing for us to how long will it take but I do believe compare to previous months November ,December and January applications are less.

Saeedrehman

Post by Saeedrehman » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:52 am

Hi all,

Does anybody hv dx courier contact number plz?

nymphaeaurora
Newly Registered

Post by nymphaeaurora » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:22 am

Saeedrehman wrote:Hi all,
Call them on 01604782806.
Best wishes

Saeedrehman

Post by Saeedrehman » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:35 am

Now that it has finally sunk in that I have received my ILR approval, I want to share a weird thing that happened.

I called HO in Friday (6th feb) and was told that my application is showing as complete and something had been sent to me on 5th feb and was given a tracking number too. The next day ( Saturday-7th) I waited for the bell to ring but it didnt. Finally I decided to go to work when the postman's usual time had passed, went downstairs and my envelope was there!!!

It did not have ANY stamp... not the 2nd class signed for.. NOTHING. The tracking number is still showing under process!!
So I do not really know what happened, but the postman just dropped it through letter box and obviously didnt ring bell as it wasnt 'signed for' post. Strange really.

In my 10 yrs being here and having applied many visas , my documents NEVER came as normal post..but the very last one did :D

And all the best to all who are waiting! (including my wife :D ), It truly is a very good feeling,

Saeedrehman

Post by Saeedrehman » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:39 am

nymphaeaurora wrote:
Saeedrehman wrote:Hi all,
Call them on 01604782806.
Best wishes

Thank you!

effell007

Post by effell007 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:31 am

Hi All,
I have applied 26.9.14 and Bio received 17.11.14 and enrollment done on 26.11.14. It's been not only so frustrating but also worrying too as I haven't received anything from them yet. i have literally called everyday last week and same old reply.."App under progress". Now, does anyone know whether applications being processed on the basis of Application date or Bio-metric date.

Asif517
Newly Registered

Post by Asif517 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:10 am

Hello All,

I am new to the forum , Can someone please add my Detail on SET(LR) google docs.

Documents Posted:- 05/01/2015
Acknowledgement:- 19/01/2015
Biometric Letter:-26/01/2015
Biometric Done :- 26/01/2015
Decision Date :_ : :
Doc RTN:-
Result:-

Regards,
Asif

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:50 am

All,

I have called the HO this morning and the lady told me something different - my documents are on it's way and gave me a tracking number. I don't know if it good or bad news but I can definitely do with all your prayers. This is a very nervous time.

A few questions for those who have already received ILR:

1. How long does it take for the documents to come to you, the lady mentioned that the case worker has updated the records yesterday (Sunday) with the tracking number.

2. Does the HO works on a Sunday?

Thanks,
A very nervous person

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:54 am

effell007 wrote:Hi All,
I have applied 26.9.14 and Bio received 17.11.14 and enrollment done on 26.11.14. It's been not only so frustrating but also worrying too as I haven't received anything from them yet. i have literally called everyday last week and same old reply.."App under progress". Now, does anyone know whether applications being processed on the basis of Application date or Bio-metric date.
Mate,

its from the date HO received the documents. If you call them and ask they will tell you when they got it and the six months is calculated from there.

Also if your case is taking longer than 6 months then they should tell you. I think its worth giving them a call and asking the following questions:

1. when did you receive my application.

2. Status of the application.

3. What was the last communication sent to you by the HO (just to make sure you haven't missed any letters after the bio letter)

Thanks,

nymphaeaurora
Newly Registered

Post by nymphaeaurora » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:04 pm

mazeen1910 wrote:All,
I have called the HO this morning and the lady told me something different - my documents are on it's way and gave me a tracking number. I don't know if it good or bad news but I can definitely do with all your prayers. This is a very nervous time.
1. How long does it take for the documents to come to you, the lady mentioned that the case worker has updated the records yesterday (Sunday) with the tracking number.
Thanks,
A very nervous person
When did you called HO? around what time.

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:08 pm

nymphaeaurora wrote:
Thanks,
A very nervous person
Around 10am

Saeedrehman

Post by Saeedrehman » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:13 pm

Thanks,
A very nervous person

Dont worry mate.. God willing it will b a good news for you!
I had the recent same xperience with you .... If you havnt send the spl delivery envelope then you will get today if not then you should get it tmrw (tues) as HO sends 2nd class signed for which takes 2-3 working days.

good luck!

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:15 pm

Saeedrehman wrote:

Thanks,
A very nervous person

Dont worry mate.. God willing it will b a good news for you!
I had the recent same xperience with you .... If you havnt send the spl delivery envelope then you will get today if not then you should get it tmrw (tues) as HO sends 2nd class signed for which takes 2-3 working days.

good luck!
Thanks I haven't sent an envelope, in hindsight I should have.

nymphaeaurora
Newly Registered

Post by nymphaeaurora » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:16 pm

mazeen1910 wrote:
nymphaeaurora wrote:
Thanks,
A very nervous person
Around 10am

Thank you.
I will try to call them tomorrow. It's now been five months since i apply ILR, hopefully I will have some news too.

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:16 pm

Okay now it's time to see some approvals :D

Come on guys keep it coming and share your good news (hope I don't sound like a market trader - lol)

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:33 pm

mazeen1910 wrote:Okay now it's time to see some approvals :D

Come on guys keep it coming and share your good news (hope I don't sound like a market trader - lol)
Mate good luck our prayers always with you , you will be ok for sure with approvel .god bless you .

Since

Post by Since » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:43 pm

@mazeen1910,

It is approval for you, enjoy.

do not give any other thought to anything else.
mazeen1910 wrote:Okay now it's time to see some approvals :D