ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

misskebede
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by misskebede » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:17 pm

hello everyone if makes you feel better i applied mine 09/04/2014 have contacted the home office after 6 months to ask what's going on is there anything i should be knowing why is taking this long they keep telling me same story,until i decided to contact my local MP and told her everything she contacted 4 weeks ago then today the home office wrote me letter saying this i have lived in UK for 11 years never been arrested or been to court its shocking to me spending all this months wondering when will i get respond its very stressful now 3 or 6 months more lord.

I am writing in regard to your outstanding application for British Citizenship.

We aim to process all application within 6 months from the date submitted.
However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

Following recent clarification of the Nationality rules greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain applications. This will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for British Citizenship.

We expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3-6 months, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible. Please note we will contact you with further updates and can advise you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.

This also applies to any family members whose applications for citizenship were submitted at the same time.

Yours sincerely."

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:19 pm

misskebede wrote:hello everyone if makes you feel better i applied mine 09/04/2014 have contacted the home office after 6 months to ask what's going on is there anything i should be knowing why is taking this long they keep telling me same story,until i decided to contact my local MP and told her everything she contacted 4 weeks ago then today the home office wrote me letter saying this i have lived in UK for 11 years never been arrested or been to court its shocking to me spending all this months wondering when will i get respond its very stressful now 3 or 6 months more lord.

I am writing in regard to your outstanding application for British Citizenship.

We aim to process all application within 6 months from the date submitted.
However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

Following recent clarification of the Nationality rules greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain applications. This will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for British Citizenship.

We expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3-6 months, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible. Please note we will contact you with further updates and can advise you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.

This also applies to any family members whose applications for citizenship were submitted at the same time.

Yours sincerely."
I think our application has been assigned with the caseworker now at least

syed1980
Newly Registered

Post by syed1980 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi All Need Help here - I Applied for British Citizen Ship 6 Months Ago Which run out on 27-01-15, Today i received a letter from H.O, dated 03-02-15, that application is stil under consideration and they will let me know within next 3 or 6 months ,
letter says following.

Recent clarification of the nationality rules greater levels of scrutiny will be applied for certain applications, this will depend on certain indicators within thier immigration history that pre date the application for british citizenship, your case has been identified as such a case and will not be decided within 6 months, , we expect to make decsion on your application within the next 3- 6 months but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible , and they have told not to contact them.
Do u all know on what basis they could have held the application.

Please suggest.

ollymma
Newly Registered

Post by ollymma » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:06 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 2yr HSMP + 3yr Tier 1 (+ 1yr ILR (Self + Wife + Children)
Nationality: Nigerian
Method of application: Postal (through Solicitor)
Date sent to UKBA: 07/01/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08/01/2015
Date of debit of fees: 14/01/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 19/01/2015 (dated 14/01/2015)
Date of receipt of approval: 04/02/2015 (dated 30/01/2015)
Date of Ceremony: Wednesday 11/02/2015

Praise be to God....Hallelujah. Next is to go for out British Passport. It has been really great the support from the forum. Appreciated and thanks to all. For those waiting, the Lord will work a way through for your applications in Jesus Name...AMEN.

meb4ne1

Post by meb4ne1 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:22 pm

Eligibility criteria: 10 years + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: UK degree
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 05-Feb-2015
Payment method: Cheque
Date of receipt by UKVI: 06-Feb-2015
Date of acknowledgment: Waiting ..
Date of debit or clearance of fees: Waiting ..
Date approval received: Waiting ..
Date of ceremony: Waiting ..

The wait starts again.... :(

happygirl0580
Newly Registered

Post by happygirl0580 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:32 pm

syed1980 wrote:Hi All Need Help here - I Applied for British Citizen Ship 6 Months Ago Which run out on 27-01-15, Today i received a letter from H.O, dated 03-02-15, that application is stil under consideration and they will let me know within next 3 or 6 months ,
letter says following.

Recent clarification of the nationality rules greater levels of scrutiny will be applied for certain applications, this will depend on certain indicators within thier immigration history that pre date the application for british citizenship, your case has been identified as such a case and will not be decided within 6 months, , we expect to make decsion on your application within the next 3- 6 months but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible , and they have told not to contact them.
Do u all know on what basis they could have held the application.

Please suggest.
I received this letter today.

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:23 pm

nkim2222 wrote:Hey people pliz don't causr unnecessary protest..its not your right to have brit passport. .just wait and be positive. IIt will come when they are done..

well said

Magdalena L
Newly Registered

Post by Magdalena L » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:20 pm

awnoor wrote:
benson147 wrote:Got a letter from home office saying.

I am writing in regard to your outstanding application for BC, we aim to process all application within 6months from the date submitted, however in certain circumstances this target is not possible, following out assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6month target.

Following recent clarification of the nationality rules greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain applications. this will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre date the application for BC ( I HAVE NEVER BROKEN IMMIGRATION LAW AS I HAVE ALWAYS HAD THE RIGHT VISA AND ABIDE BY IT)

Your case has been identified as such a case and will not be decided within 6months ( its 6months already anyway)

We expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3-6 months, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible. Pls note we will contact you with further update and can advise you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.

Yours
Nationality casework.

Well at least i know i now have a case worker looking at the application after 6months, so i expect anyone whos application is 6months and over will start receiving this letters soon.

Good luck

today I received same letter .
I think they sent to all people who was waiting more than 6 months

I've got the same letter :(

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:21 am

so it seems that the trigger is always 'immigration history'. any suggestions as to what factors might have triggered this?

Badman87

Post by Badman87 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:47 am

Guys, it's so sad to hear about people waiting 6 months or more. I have only just applied and hope not to wait that long. HO have a weird way of processing applications but I knew applying before October would be a very bad decision seeing as the new rules were implemented, couple with the massive backlog of passport applications. Therefore, old applications are probably archived somewhere. Lets all pray and hope- it's all we have.

dkara
Newly Registered

Post by dkara » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:23 am

Hi all,

I have seen questions about naturalizing without ILR or PR card. I am EEA citizen and I applied for British citizenship in October 2014. I did not have ILR or PR but at the time I applied I had completed 6 years in UK. During these years I had been studying towards a PhD degree and at the same time I had been working at uni to meet my expenses. I received my approval letter last week (in less than 4 months!). I believe I am an example of an EEA citizen who had been exercising his treaty rights continuously for 6 years and was granted citizenship without ILR or PR card. My timelines are as follows:

Eligibility criteria: 6 years EEA without ILR or PR card
Language criteria met: UK PhD degree + Life in The UK Test
Method of application: Special delivery by lawyer
Date of application: 20/10/2014
Date application received: 21/10/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 05/11/2014
Date of acknowledgment letter received: 13/11/2014 dated 05/11/2014
Date approval received: 05/02/2015 dated 30/01/2015 :D
Date of ceremony: TBC

Misty
Newly Registered

Post by Misty » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:45 am

I received the same letter yesterday the 6th of February 2015 and I applied in August. This is just a piss take but o well. All is well for those who trust in HIM.

maggie786
Newly Registered

Post by maggie786 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:56 am

Eligibility criteria: spouse oof british citizen + 1 week ilr
Language criteria met: Life in the UK + B1 english test
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used:southhall
Date of application: 15/01/2015
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 16/01/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 26/01/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 26/01/2015
Date approval received: waiting

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:57 pm

Hi All, I just wanna check if there is any tracker or spread sheet for waiting times for citizenship applications like there is for ILR?
Thank you. I have booked NCS appointment for 10th of Feb. Eligibility criteria ILR on 10 years basis plus spouse of british citizen.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:03 pm

Also if someone could update what is the average waiting time from submitting application to approval.
Thank you

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:09 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:Also if someone could update what is the average waiting time from submitting application to approval.
Thank you
Well thats very tough question. Standard time limit is 6 months. But we have seen peple getting approval within a week and on the other hand so many people waiting for 7-8 months. So there is no answer for it im afraid.

sgc

Post by sgc » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:13 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 10+ yrs ILR, haven't left UK in 5+ yrs, met all other criteria
Method of application: NCS (Surrey)
Date of receipt by UKBA: end of Aug 2014
Date of debit of fees: start of Sep 2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: end of Aug 2014
Date of receipt of approval: N/A
Date of Ceremony: N/A

Interim Updates
start of Feb 2015: letter in the post says it appears my application will not be processed by 6 months but take at least 3-6 additional months due to being amongst certain applications that will have greater scrutiny applied

maluna
Newly Registered

Post by maluna » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:48 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: (e.g.- 4/5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS Hammersmith
Date of receipt by UKBA: 02/12/2014
Date of debit of fees: 09/12/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 10/12/2014
Date of receipt of approval: 24/12/2014
Date of Ceremony: 03/02/2015

I was away on holidays and returned on 12/01 thats why I booked my ceremony only a month later. Now awaiting my passport!

Good luck all

iconavdeep

Post by iconavdeep » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:06 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 Year Tier 1 +12 Month ILR
Language criteria met: Life in the UK + UK Naric
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used:NewHam
Date of application: 29/01/2015
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: TBC
Date of acknowledgment: TBC
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 07/02/2015
Date approval received: TBC

xanadu85
Newly Registered

Post by xanadu85 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:18 pm

Eligibility criteria: 10+ yrs ILR
Nationality:Indian
Method of application: NCS Wandsworth
Date of application:08/01/15
Date of receipt by UKBA: 12/01/15
Date of debit of fees: 16/01/15
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 22/01/15
Date of receipt of approval: 31/01/15
Date on the letter:24/01/15
Date of Ceremony: 18/02/15

This forum has been a great help through all these years.Thanks to the moderators and other helpful people for sharing their experiences.All the best to everyone awaiting their citizenship. :)

gsbindra2000
Newly Registered

Post by gsbindra2000 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:33 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5+3yrs ILR
Nationality:Indian
Method of application: NCS Manchester
Date of application:14/01/15
Date of receipt by UKBA: 15/01/15
Date of debit of fees: 21/01/15
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 24/01/15
Date of receipt of approval: 06/02/15
Date on the letter:31/01/15
Date of Ceremony: 09/02/15

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:48 am

Misty wrote:I received the same letter yesterday the 6th of February 2015 and I applied in August. This is just a piss take but o well. All is well for those who trust in HIM.
Just out of interest, what's your eligibility criteria? Thanks.

Aaman612
Newly Registered

Post by Aaman612 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:23 am

Got a letter from home office regarding my 25th June 2014 BC application saying :

I am writing in regard to your outstanding application for BC, we aim to process all application within 6months from the date submitted, however in certain circumstances this target is not possible, following out assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6month target.

Following recent clarification of the nationality rules greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain applications. this will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre date the application for British Citizenship.

Your case has been identified as such a case and will not be decided within 6months. (Already 7 months and two week)

We expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3-6 months, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible. Pls note we will contact you with further update and can advise you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:59 pm

People who have received the 6 month + letter, please at least share what your eligibility criteria is so that we'll all have an idea whom are more likely to be affected. Thanks.

sherkhan297

Post by sherkhan297 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:17 pm

sherkhan297 wrote:Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 2yr WP + 3yr Tier 1 + 1yr ILR (Self + Wife)
Method of Application: NCS Chelmsford
Date of Application: 24/07/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 28/07/2014
Date of debit of fees: 07/08/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 09/08/2014 (dated 06/08/2014)
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting

It has been 6 months on 28/01/15 since reciept by ukba. I only called the HO from the 6th month
HO Call dates -
02/01/2015 - mentioned its under consideration and to wait until 28/1/15 as 6 months will be complete then. The person also mentioned that I could write a letter if I didn't get anything until then. Also mentioned that HO would send out a letter to us in case it was getting delayed beyond 6 months.
22/01/15 - same response, under consideration and to wait until 28/01/15 as that's when 6 months are up.
28/01/15 - same response, under consideration, but now this person said the 6 months will be up on 06/02/15 not 28/01/15 as the fees was deducted on 06/08/14 and caseworker allocated at that time! So to wait another week until 06/02/15. He mentioned he will put in the notes to remind caseworker, but doubt this really helped as nothing so far and it's 06/02/15 day after.

Plan to call tomorrow 05/02/15 but expecting the same response. Hence will be writing a letter as well early next week with a few queries around my application (which was in theory a very straight forward application).

Would anyone know the address where we are to post the letter to? as I couldn't find it on their site.

I see there's a few people applied in may/June/July 2014 and still waiting.. Hope we all get this soon!

Thanks very much for all the help

Regards
==========

Update..

Called the HO on 5/2/15, the update was the same 'under consideration. I got the address from them to write a letter requesting an update. However, before I could post my letter, I received the 6 months+ letter on 9/2/15 (dated 3/2/15) with exactly the same statements that others on the forum have recently received. It does seem like there is no time limit and it can take as long as it takes!