ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Term Residence (passport stamps missing)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marcaobr
Newly Registered

Long Term Residence (passport stamps missing)

Post by marcaobr » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:27 am

Hi all
I've been living in Ireland since 10/10/2000
I've been working ligally and paying tax all the time but I missed few stamps in my passport does anyone knows if there's any other way to prove those 60 months that we need to get the LTR
thanks

greentea

Post by greentea » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:48 am

I'd recommend you to consult a lawyer for this, as without the stamps on your passport ,it hardly can prove your 5 year residency in Ireland.
by the way, did you work based on work permit (stamp1), as the period on student visa doesn't count although you might pay tax as well. only the people reside in ireland for 60months based on work permit are eligible for long term residency.

marialear

Post by marialear » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:45 am

Hi marcaobr,

I know when I went to the immigration lawyer for advice on LTR & citizenship, she counted all my GNIB passport stamps to figure out my total time of legal residency in Ireland. She noticed that when I first arrived in May 2000, I didn't register with the GNIB till September 2000 (ugh, long story but essentially I didn't know it was a requirement, I thought work permit and immigration stamp at Dublin airport was enough).

Anyway even though I had the work permit & was legally working/paying tax, the time between May 2000-Sept 2000 didn't count as I didn't have the stamp in my passport. Which led me to increasing my waiting time before I was able to apply for LTR by 6 months.

Unfortunately, this may be the case with you as I was told that the GNIB passport stamps are what count, not necessarily anything else related to your time in Ireland. Check it out to be sure though

Regards,
Maria