ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife on Student Visa- SPOUSE CAN WORK

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rbud
Newly Registered

Wife on Student Visa- SPOUSE CAN WORK

Post by Rbud » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi, My Wife has a Canadian Student Visa and I can work there as well? Rite, that is what I read in the Embassy webpage.
However, we have been to Canada before and willing to migrate in future.

Can the above way of entering Canada on a student visa and further applying for a PR gives us a gud chance.??

Any replies on this will be aprreciated.
Thanks..
Rbud

happymamma2

Re: Wife on Student Visa- SPOUSE CAN WORK

Post by happymamma2 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:31 pm

If your wife is on a study permit you can work in Canada BUT in a skilled job so you need to look,depending on the province where your wife studies,if your area of working is seen as skilled....You will get your work permit for as long as your wife has her study permit,not a day more.
If you plan to immigrate to Canada,you working there will give you more points therefore higher chances of getting yoyr pr

Rbud
Newly Registered

Post by Rbud » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:05 pm

Hi happymama

Thanks for the reply..My wife studies at BC. Sorry but what do you mean by saying "if my work is seen as Skill"??? Does that mean only specific skill holders spouse will get the open work permit?? in my case I m from Finance industry and will not I get the open work permit??

uniivaa.com
Newly Registered

Post by uniivaa.com » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:38 am

As the spouse of student in Canada you are very likely eligible for an open work permit. Working on a work permit may serve as a valuable stepping stone towards eventual PR status using the Canadian Experience Class. In order to qualify under this category your work experience needs to fall within a "skilled" category. These include the following:

Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)

Hope that helps. If you need more info you can visit the following: http://www.uniivaa.com/help/61-does-wor ... nce-status