ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dec17

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Dec17 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:02 am

ali98149 wrote:Hi all,

i got my approval today but didn't get what i expected, actually the HO gave me 3 years discretionary instead of ILR, my solicitor called me to let me know he has received my documents today.

The letter stated that i had a gap of 56 days on one of my student extension back in 2008, but the fact is, i never had a gap because my student visa was expiring on 28th November 2007 back then i applied for extension on 25th November 2007, they sent my documents back asking for some information and giving me 28 days to reply, however i sent the information requested by 3rd December 2007.

they are saying after that there was another refusal sent to me in January 2008 which took me 56 days to reply, but there was no such thing like that, after i sent them the required information, within a few months i got my visa there was no second refusal.

My solicitor has asked me to get my SAR report to check if this is the case, as he said to me that if the SAR report is different then the decision can be challenged in the high court up to 90 days when you receive approval.

The funny thing in all this is my current visa was due to expire on 12th February 2015 and the home office made the decision on my application the 12th February only, don't know if its coincidence or deliberately done.

Application Sent: 8th Aug 2014
Ack received: 27th Aug 2014
Biometric Done: 25th September 2014
Approval Date: 12th February 2015 ( Given 3 years discretionary leave)
Hi mate did you got DLR before ? Or what was ur previous visa , do you have ur family here as your dependant?

ali98149
Newly Registered

Post by ali98149 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:17 am

Dec17 wrote:
ali98149 wrote:Hi all,

i got my approval today but didn't get what i expected, actually the HO gave me 3 years discretionary instead of ILR, my solicitor called me to let me know he has received my documents today.

The letter stated that i had a gap of 56 days on one of my student extension back in 2008, but the fact is, i never had a gap because my student visa was expiring on 28th November 2007 back then i applied for extension on 25th November 2007, they sent my documents back asking for some information and giving me 28 days to reply, however i sent the information requested by 3rd December 2007.

they are saying after that there was another refusal sent to me in January 2008 which took me 56 days to reply, but there was no such thing like that, after i sent them the required information, within a few months i got my visa there was no second refusal.

My solicitor has asked me to get my SAR report to check if this is the case, as he said to me that if the SAR report is different then the decision can be challenged in the high court up to 90 days when you receive approval.

The funny thing in all this is my current visa was due to expire on 12th February 2015 and the home office made the decision on my application the 12th February only, don't know if its coincidence or deliberately done.

Application Sent: 8th Aug 2014
Ack received: 27th Aug 2014
Biometric Done: 25th September 2014
Approval Date: 12th February 2015 ( Given 3 years discretionary leave)
Hi mate did you got DLR before ? Or what was ur previous visa , do you have ur family here as your dependant?
Yeah had a DLR before applying for ILR, my wife and son both are British citizens.
Before when I applied for spouse visa they granted me DLR as I was on work permit and my company who sponsored my permit went bankrupt and when that happened my application was with home office for COA (certificate of approval to marry).
The home office refused my spouse visa and I appealed the won the appeal but was granted DLR instead of spouse visa.

hazmalik

Post by hazmalik » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:09 am

Hi guys ,
I have already applied my ilr on 10 yr basis . Case is straight forward no refusal student plus psw plus flr fp and varied it to 10 yr long residence.. Now after reading few fellow visa appliers i have seen one issue. In my first extention i forgot to fill one section . So the home office sent me only the form bk and told me to complete and sent it nk to us , similarly i had a issue with my photos during my psw visa .. And homeoffice only asked for teh new photos . Will any off this break my 10 yr continuity ??? Thanks

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:28 pm

veekas wrote:Allesheikh wrote:

Hi

Thanks for quick response from you guys. I dont know why there are holding my file on the basis of english language. I have studied directly from UEL and got degree. But ive done dissertation only at UEL. My first two semesters were exempted because i had 2 bachlors degree, 2 advance diplomas and previous work experience. Has anyone eles got interview recently? What will they ask? I have no history of toiec and never used toeic in any applications. I was thinking to withdraw application and submit again with fresh english language course. I spoke to one solicitor as well but he said dont withdraw, i can take your case from here and would write a letter and prepare for interview. No sure what to do these solocitors are after money end of the day. Please any suggestion. I called my uni today and asked them to send me letter confirming my course and degree which is on its way now. Please help guys.

Thanks Ali

Hi Ali
mate I think you don't need to withdraw, because of another institution reputation you got call in for interview. If you had full time finished your masters @ UEL then they won't call you for interview, although it's very ambiguity, because most of the applicants sending University Masters Degree, I think it's acceptable not heard so far any complain. Regarding solicitors its your call. Related your preparation for interview check this link http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... applicants t170059.html.

regards, Veekas
Hi Veekas,

I asked my uni send letter confirming my degree and today I've received the letter which I will be posting them today. Regarding interview I have no issues, I think they called me for interview because I had exemptions in my first two semesters. Still confused whether to instruct solicitor as per some other members there solicitors messed up there cases.

zeekstar
Newly Registered

Post by zeekstar » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi Everyone
I was on Tier 1 General visa, which is going to expire on 16/04/2015 but I got ILR on 10 years base few days ago. I want to apply for my wife but I do not know for which visa I should apply for her. At the moment she is on Tier 1 General dependent which is going to expire on 16/04/2015. She came to UK on 23/08/2011. Please give me an advice?

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:55 pm

FLR (M)
zeekstar wrote:Hi Everyone
I was on Tier 1 General visa, which is going to expire on 16/04/2015 but I got ILR on 10 years base few days ago. I want to apply for my wife but I do not know for which visa I should apply for her. At the moment she is on Tier 1 General dependent which is going to expire on 16/04/2015. She came to UK on 23/08/2011. Please give me an advice?

veekas
Newly Registered

Post by veekas » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:20 pm

Allesheikh wrote

Hi Veekas,

I asked my uni send letter confirming my degree and today I've received the letter which I will be posting them today. Regarding interview I have no issues, I think they called me for interview because I had exemptions in my first two semesters. Still confused whether to instruct solicitor as per some other members there solicitors messed up there cases.[/quote].

Hi Allesheikh,

I think if you are well prepared as you stated, then don't need to instruct solicitors and you already got confirmation from the Uni , but if confused not ready enough you can consider, its your call basically, on my end best wishes and good luck.

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:21 pm

the wait is unbearable.........

veekas
Newly Registered

Post by veekas » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:24 pm

hazmalik wrote:Hi guys ,
I have already applied my ilr on 10 yr basis . Case is straight forward no refusal student plus psw plus flr fp and varied it to 10 yr long residence.. Now after reading few fellow visa appliers i have seen one issue. In my first extention i forgot to fill one section . So the home office sent me only the form bk and told me to complete and sent it nk to us , similarly i had a issue with my photos during my psw visa .. And homeoffice only asked for teh new photos . Will any off this break my 10 yr continuity ??? Thanks
Hi mate you don't need to worry about, please note if you didn't re-apply for your application if they acknowledge you date on your initial submission your application and you were in time and for your photo don't worry about it happens to so many. Good luck though.
Last edited by veekas on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

veekas
Newly Registered

Post by veekas » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:28 pm

meghankit wrote:the wait is unbearable.........

don't worry you are not alone we all having the same thought, but be patient and you required to keep your nerves high.
Last edited by veekas on Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

msk8
Newly Registered

Post by msk8 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:32 pm

come on guys, Any approval!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hazmalik

Post by hazmalik » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:15 pm

veekas wrote:
hazmalik wrote:Hi guys ,
Hi mate you don't need to worry about, please note if you didn't re-apply for your application if they acknowledge you date on your initial submission your application and you were in time and for your photo don't worry about it happens to so many. Good luck though.

Thanks mate.. Best of luck with yours as well .. This wait is like mental torture

wasimuk
Newly Registered

Post by wasimuk » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:34 pm

hi all the members:

Congratulations.............. :lol:
my application on ILR has been approved .
APPLICATION DATE: 16TH /OCT/2014
bRP RECEIVED: 10TH fEB 2015.
I M THANK FUL TO IMMIGRATION BOARD TO HELP ME A LOT..

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:23 pm

Dear fellow members
Google sheets (tracker)have been restored to best of its state. any changes made after feb 11 ,8:40pm may have been deleted. I request to all respected member not to mess with it.if You don't know how to use it then leave detail in the forum some one else will add your detail on the tracker. Thank you
Last edited by CHUDHARY on Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:24 pm

wasimuk wrote:hi all the members:

Congratulations.............. :lol:
my application on ILR has been approved .
APPLICATION DATE: 16TH /OCT/2014
bRP RECEIVED: 10TH fEB 2015.
I M THANK FUL TO IMMIGRATION BOARD TO HELP ME A LOT..
Well done and congratulations

fameface
Newly Registered

Post by fameface » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:05 pm

This is like 6 months jail time .. Especially for folks varying their appeal to this.

Someone add my time line ..

Applied on the 21 oct 2014
Bio received 13 nov 2014
Enrolled in the 18th nov 2014

... Case not straight forward ... Varrying flr fp Appeal
to ilr lr

Been refused a visa once for deception .. Appealed decision and won...
Last edited by fameface on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brightlove
Newly Registered

Post by Brightlove » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:30 pm

Hi Everyone ,

Just to clarify my application was under the FLR(FP) through a solicitor and been waiting for almost 5 months now since my application timeline as follows:

Application sent: 7/09/2014
Acknowledgement received: 15/09/2014
Biometric letter received: 29/09/2014 Date 26/09/2014
Biometric recorded: 3/10/2014
Approval date: Not yet received
Docs received: Not yet received
BRP: Not yet received

Does anyone know the waiting time on these types of applications?

msk8
Newly Registered

Post by msk8 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:50 pm

msk8 wrote:please Can some one enter my time line ?
msk
applied on 12/11/14, acknowledgment 16/11/14, bio inv 27/11/15 bio done 27/11/15

msk8
Newly Registered

Post by msk8 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:19 pm

Thanks Blocked Username for entering details

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:22 pm

msk8 wrote:Thanks Blocked Username for entering details
You are welcome brother. Good luck and keep everyone in your prayers

msk8
Newly Registered

Post by msk8 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:11 am

Some one has messed up with google drive, pls do not enter your details if you do not know how to do it. Some one will enter your details, once you made a request. About 10 minutes before, some entered his details and infringe google drive.

Poirot
Newly Registered

Post by Poirot » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:44 am

Morning All,

I've just ammended the error.
Hope this helps.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:37 am

Hello Brother

Same case like you

Applied flr fp. Refused and now appeal and 10 yeast finish

Sent additional grounds already to both parties

Appeal in July

Please throw some light about your case
fameface wrote:This is like 6 months jail time .. Especially for folks varying their appeal to this.

Someone add my time line ..

Applied on the 21 oct 2014
Bio received 13 nov 2014
Enrolled in the 18th nov 2014

... Case not straight forward ... Varrying flr fp Appeal
to ilr lr

Been refused a visa once for deception .. Appealed decision and won...

fameface
Newly Registered

Post by fameface » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:11 pm

came to the uk in 2004 aug with a visitors visa, was advised i could change over to a student visa by my college, was not allowed to by the ukba citing change of law. i went back to india, on the 13th dec 2004, came back to the uk on jan 2015 on student visa

After that i have had a 6 yrs student visa and 1.3 years section 3c . 3months student visa and 2 years psw. In jan 2014 sent in flr fp, I applied for flr fp was expecting a British child from ex partner and had massive economic ties in the UK . Was refused citing general grounds .and baby not born yet for human rights consideration ... Appealed . In the process completed 10 years thanks to the home office. Became a father

i sent in my application to the home office in oct 2014, based on the 10 years route .5 days before my appeal in nov 2014 .

Sentence was a fine in 2008. Which I did not disclose once in 2010
Conviction was far spent . Even cited conviction had been disputed before by the seceratary of state , I won and it was found it was spent .. Was shocked when my flr fp was refused .

Moral of my story all my troubles was a blessing at the end .

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:21 pm

Thanks brother

My self

Came in dec 2004

Student till 2012 march

Psw ti 2014 march
Applied flr fp but refused and appeal in Feb 2015

Told HO Presenting officer and court that finished 10 yeAr finish liuk and English test too in dec 14

But again appeal shifted to July because of lack of court time

Why u applied ILR in oct ? You came student in Jan 2005

Does visit visa count to 10 year ?

Also why appeal pending who advised you to apply ILR ?

New application can't be made if appeal pending
fameface wrote:came to the uk in 2004 aug with a visitors visa, was advised i could change over to a student visa by my college, was not allowed to by the ukba citing change of law. i went back to india, on the 13th dec 2004, came back to the uk on jan 2015 on student visa

After that i have had a 6 yrs student visa and 1.3 years section 3c . 3months student visa and 2 years psw. In jan 2014 sent in flr fp, I applied for flr fp was expecting a British child from ex partner and had massive economic ties in the UK . Was refused citing general grounds .and baby not born yet for human rights consideration ... Appealed . In the process completed 10 years thanks to the home office. Became a father

i sent in my application to the home office in oct 2014, based on the 10 years route .5 days before my appeal in nov 2014 .

Sentence was a fine in 2008.
Conviction was far spent . Even cited conviction had been disputed before by the seceratary of state , I won and it was found it was spent .. Was shocked when my flr fp was refused .

Moral of my story all my troubles was a blessing at the end .