ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Just666
Newly Registered

Re: May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by Just666 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:53 pm

Hello everyone

I have been following the forum for months, hence I feel I need to share a good news with you all.
I have applied on 31 April 2014 via NCS Edinburgh, apparently straight forward case as you all know.... Acknowledgment letter received 8 May, Approval letter received today 6 February, dated 31 January. 9 months it is then.....
I need to admit I was about to give up... I have contacted the HO twice, on both occasions I was told the check haven't got back yet. I haven't complaint, nor contacted MP, however I was just about to do so.

Good luck guys,

syedfida

update for my case

Post by syedfida » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:38 pm

Hello everyone,

i have spoken to my Mp last week and today i received a letter from UKVI which says,

dear xxxxxxx

i am writing in regard to you outstanding application for British citizenship.
we aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. however in certain circumstances this target is not possible. following our assessment on your case unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 months target.

following recent clarification of the nationality rules greater level of security will be applied to certain applications. this will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for British citizenship.

your case has been identified as such a case and will not be decided within 6 months.

we expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3 -6 months , but we will write to you again if this is not going to possible, please note we will contact you with further updates and can advise you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.

please do not contact UKVI contact center regarding the progress of your case as they will not be able to provide any further information.

your sincerely,

nationality casework

Eligibility criteria: EEA 4 plus 1 year

Language criteria met (laval 2 english ):

Method of application:by post

Date of application: End of may 2014

Payment method by card

any comment or update form you guysssss ???

guesttt
Newly Registered

Re: update for my case

Post by guesttt » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:17 pm

syedfida wrote:Hello everyone,

i have spoken to my Mp last week and today i received a letter from UKVI which says,

dear xxxxxxx

i am writing in regard to you outstanding application for British citizenship.
we aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. however in certain circumstances this target is not possible. following our assessment on your case unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 months target.

following recent clarification of the nationality rules greater level of security will be applied to certain applications. this will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for British citizenship.

your case has been identified as such a case and will not be decided within 6 months.

we expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3 -6 months , but we will write to you again if this is not going to possible, please note we will contact you with further updates and can advise you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.

please do not contact UKVI contact center regarding the progress of your case as they will not be able to provide any further information.

your sincerely,

nationality casework

Eligibility criteria: EEA 4 plus 1 year

Language criteria met (laval 2 english ):

Method of application:by post

Date of application: End of may 2014

Payment method by card

any comment or update form you guysssss ???
I have come across at least four people on this forum who received such letter today or yesterday, including myself (applications submitted Apr-May 2014). No one knows what triggered these 'extra' checks. Obviously something to do with Dec 14 changes.

someone1983.2
Newly Registered

Post by someone1983.2 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:36 pm

I received the same letter in the post today.

applied on the 19/05/2014, received acknowledgement on 03/06/2014.
iranian national married to a british citizen, 2 years spouse visa + 1year ILR. in the uk since 2004 as a student then a PSW before getting married.
still waiting......
formerly (someone1983) on this forum, login doesn't work.

aaagood
Newly Registered

Post by aaagood » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:10 am

Got the same letter

kelley2014
Newly Registered

Post by kelley2014 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:45 pm

I received the same letter yesterday, February 6th. My application was processed in Aug 2014 thru NCS with no PR, living here 6 years with EEA spouse (US citizen), however it appears that most people with recent approvals are all on a time frame of April-May applications, maybe it is taking the HO closer to 10 months to make a decision? I have filed a complaint and contacted my MP as I could not get a work approval with the employee checking services as my EEA residence card expired November 5, 2014, so had to apply for a renewal of my residency visa as well whilst the application is pending......such a drama!!

Eagle-Man
Newly Registered

Post by Eagle-Man » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to whom got approval recently and Good Luck to all whom received the speedy Brown Envelope with the New Timeline.....? Unfortunately i belong to the second group for unknown reasons after 9 months?????????
To be honest i was about to give up completely, but this forum has given me a bit of hope as i thought.....That's it! But i can see that i am not alone....!

When i first open the Brown Envelope i thought that my friends have send this letter as was written on the 02/February/2015 and i received on the 04/February/2014. I believe this have set to the Home Office NEW Confusing delivery Record?

The letter is so unprofessionally written and full of threats for NOT Contacting Them!!! Actually i never contacted them?

For what shall i contact them, i followed their application guidelines and i paid my fees believing i had fulfill and exceeded all their criteria....But it sounds that is NOT the Case any more....You need to be LUCKY.

I found myself lucky enough, as thank's god i have a good health and healthy family all British. Also i have managed to setup a very successful family business....i pay all my taxes from day one and i never have claimed any benefits in this country, always i respect others and i obey the laws. This make me feel more British than a simple Passport that since i have applied it only brought me STRESSSSSSSSSS.

There is for sure something wrong with MAY Applications as you all can SEE it has become the biggest forum!!!!
Let's stick together and hope that someone don't try to cover up all previews ERRORS with MAY Applications?

No More Comments.....Good Luck to ALL.

amk_amk
Newly Registered

Post by amk_amk » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Julian11 wrote:
amk_amk wrote:Hi Everyone,
Finally my and 2 kids approval has arrived. Waiting is over, maybe not completely as ceremony takes place in 3 months time, but still happy I am through.
Wish everyone patience and luck.

My details as follows:

Eligibility criteria: EEA - 6 years of continuous work ( Application adult-AN+ 2children- MN1)
Language criteria met: B1 language test by Trinity College London and Life in UK test
Current nationality: polish
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Rutherglen
Date of application: 06/5/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08/05/2014
Date of acknowledgement: received 14/05/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 21/05/2014
Date approval received: 02.02.2015 dated 28.01.2015
Date of ceremony: 22.04.2015
Congrats - did you have PR? :)
PR status has been achieved after 5 years, never applied for the PR though. Went straight to naturalisation.

chrisonzen

Post by chrisonzen » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:40 pm

It's not only May applications by the way. I applied on 30/07/2014 and still waiting. People from March and April even still waiting. Something is definitely wrong but I guess you are right about been lucky. Myself, I've never been lucky. Everything in my life has to happen the hard way and I don't understand why.
Anyway, I NEVER GIVE UP and NEVER QUIT, so I will stick with the fight and will wait passionately until the demn brown envelope arrives and I know one day will...
Good luck to everyone

Husssain79
Newly Registered

Post by Husssain79 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Ditto letter received on 6th Feb after filling a complain via email on 29 January..... huge incompetence from such a big organisation...

I cannot understand how on earth Home office cannot carry out what so ever checks on individuals in 9 months, specially on people who have ILR granted already, anyway I have better things to do then just think of their reasons of failure..

lets wait and watch what else they have to throw on us to cover up their failures.

We will eventually get their one day :) so hang on.. :D

dalvin
Newly Registered

Post by dalvin » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:14 pm

Applied in May 2014 and still awaiting - received similar letter on the 6th of February - will wait patiently. It just shows the system is not fit for purpose and no value for money. :( :( :( :( :(

happygirl0580
Newly Registered

Post by happygirl0580 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:56 am

someone1983.2 wrote:I received the same letter in the post today.

applied on the 19/05/2014, received acknowledgement on 03/06/2014.
iranian national married to a british citizen, 2 years spouse visa + 1year ILR. in the uk since 2004 as a student then a PSW before getting married.
still waiting......
formerly (someone1983) on this forum, login doesn't work.
you are I applied the same day. Let hope for good news soon.

nationalityman
Newly Registered

Post by nationalityman » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:08 pm

Thanks to Allah for helping me
Please ignor my spelling or typo coz using ipad
My dearest friends
Thanks for posting info on this forums ,it does realy help. I am the person who got a call that they lost my documents (like 2weeks ago) but I got the call NEXT DAY from the case worker manager saying that she found it and they have to do the checks again since my old check have expire .( if she did the check agin it took her 2days only because the letter dated 3 February and she spoke to me 3days before that) and I took the opertunity to stay in touch with manager and she was updating me on every stage in last 10 days from day .
To be honest I really have to fight and called them 14time and really argue with them .
I did write to my MP which did help but I think it was more that I called them .
( suggestion if you think that your record is clear than you have the right to fight )
I got the brown envelop today with a good news
I applied in May 2014
And got my letter for the approval today .
5 years tier 1 plus 1year ILR
Pakistani nationality
FOR ME AND MY WIFE.
"........."...............
Personal thinking correct me if I am wrong those who apply after May when they fill up the application form that have to tick a box which say they have the write to take nationality back and those who applied in May or before did not have the option and that is the reason they are taking long time for us.
Anyways
Thanks once again every one

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:40 pm

nationalityman wrote:Thanks to Allah for helping me
Please ignor my spelling or typo coz using ipad
My dearest friends
Thanks for posting info on this forums ,it does realy help. I am the person who got a call that they lost my documents (like 2weeks ago) but I got the call NEXT DAY from the case worker manager saying that she found it and they have to do the checks again since my old check have expire .( if she did the check agin it took her 2days only because the letter dated 3 February and she spoke to me 3days before that) and I took the opertunity to stay in touch with manager and she was updating me on every stage in last 10 days from day .
To be honest I really have to fight and called them 14time and really argue with them .
I did write to my MP which did help but I think it was more that I called them .
( suggestion if you think that your record is clear than you have the right to fight )
I got the brown envelop today with a good news
I applied in May 2014
And got my letter for the approval today .
5 years tier 1 plus 1year ILR
Pakistani nationality
FOR ME AND MY WIFE.
"........."...............
Personal thinking correct me if I am wrong those who apply after May when they fill up the application form that have to tick a box which say they have the write to take nationality back and those who applied in May or before did not have the option and that is the reason they are taking long time for us.
Anyways
Thanks once again every one

Congratulations,good to hear they found ur case and send ur approvall...good luck

libbi11
Newly Registered

Post by libbi11 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:51 am

Hi All,

I received my approval yesterday, after 9 months of painful waiting!! Applied on 29 of April. I'm EEA, 7 years continuous work, never applied for PR card.

Good luck to everyone and thanks for support, great forum!!! :D :D :D

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:23 pm

I am a may applicant.. I have completed my ceremony in Nov and recieved my passport last saturday.

Came here to see if any of my old frnds (Monkey business, OMAR etc ) are still around ??

Nat2014
Newly Registered

Post by Nat2014 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi. I was silent observer and wanted to update when I receive my approval.
But so far no luck. It is really encouragement to see when someone gets approval. But it's been a while I did not see any body.

I applied 14th may still waiting.

I was trying to guess my approval day by checking progress of pepople getting their approval. But I would say it is hard to guess.

But I did not receive any letter like some people hv received recently.
Any comment will be appreciated.

Newly Registered

Post by 009516968 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:17 pm

Nat2014 wrote:Hi. I was silent observer and wanted to update when I receive my approval.
But so far no luck. It is really encouragement to see when someone gets approval. But it's been a while I did not see any body.

I applied 14th may still waiting.

I was trying to guess my approval day by checking progress of pepople getting their approval. But I would say it is hard to guess.

But I did not receive any letter like some people hv received recently.
Any comment will be appreciated.

Don't want to get your hopes up, but in my case, I didn't receive the dreaded 3 to 6 month letter either, I applied mid July and just got my approval on the 12 of February. Good luck.

Nat2014
Newly Registered

Post by Nat2014 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:50 pm

Any update by anybody.

jitu_2677

Post by jitu_2677 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:04 pm

Nat2014 wrote:Any update by anybody.

No update yet applied 1st May still waiting

carinoso_yo
Newly Registered

Post by carinoso_yo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:57 am

Unfortunately no updates after 9 months nothing anyone of us can do! It seems may apps stuck again, i believe around 2000 to 3000 cases despetately still waiting for decisions..

gurudev

Post by gurudev » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi Every one, I am a silent observer.. I applied on 28 May 2014 and still waiting. Got an email yesterday 24saying I need to wait another 3 to 6 months. which is more frustrating. I thought

(We expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3 – 6 months, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible. Please note we will contact you with further updates and can advise that you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.)

I lost hopes... My original Indian passport is nearly expiring now... I am not sure if go for new passport or wait for this. God help us.... :(

Nat2014
Newly Registered

Post by Nat2014 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:05 pm

Yea u r actually right. Still waiting 14th may. Don't know how long. But no users on May form are writing anything.

happygirl0580
Newly Registered

Post by happygirl0580 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:24 pm

Nat2014 wrote:Yea u r actually right. Still waiting 14th may. Don't know how long. But no users on May form are writing anything.
I applied 19th of May and am still waiting.

phadrian
Newly Registered

Post by phadrian » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:23 am

Finally good news after nearly 9 months!

Eligibility criteria: EEA - 6 years of work
Language criteria met: IELTS
Current nationality: German
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Westminster
Date of application: 09/05/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: ca. 13/05/2014
Date of acknowledgement: received 19/05/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 23/05/2014
Date approval received: 12/02/2015 dated 30/01/2015
Date of ceremony: 21/03/2015