ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Baby born British Passport still in hold

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vndpag

New Baby born British Passport still in hold

Post by vndpag » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi Gurus,

I non European and my wife European ( Hungarian ) and we both married and living in UK , We applied for British passport for my daughter - born in 18 December 2014. my wife has permanent resident under EU rule and received blue card on 02 December 2014. I am still under EEA2 visa valid untill October 2016.

I applied online on 3 February 2015 and today we received letter from case worker who mentioned in the letter please see the exact words

Please provide the following documents so that we can consider your application further
-the passport which father entered in united kingdom or the passport/Home office letter showing that a parent had indefinite leave to enter or indefinite leave to remain in united kingdom at the time of Ms xxxxxxx birth.

As the person named above was born in UK after 31 December 1982 they may have a claim to British citizenship if one of parents were free from immigration control when that person was born.

We will consider your application further when we receive your reply.

Now I am bit confused why they are asking my passport when I already submitted my wife passport and our marriage certificate and my wife 5 years P60 and also Permanent Resident Card. My daughter Birth certificate clearly mentioned all detail of both parents.

The process is 3 weeks but seems to be little complicated the case worker is confused with Permanent resident issued by Home Office and now asking Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Please gurus and moderator kindly advice me what should I do and where I need to call to clarify this matter.

Thank you
EEA1 & EEA2 Application sent on 26/07/2011
Received by Home Office 27/07/2011
EEA1 and COA Received in one pack 23/09/2011 (Dated 01/09/2011)
Resident Card 18/10/2011

boloney

Re: New Baby born British Passport still in hold

Post by boloney » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:06 pm

if you submitted PR card there was no need of p60`s, send them letter explaining situation, even give them a call and see what they say.
but as long the date on the wife PR card is before child was born there is no need for you to be settled. I`m not sure what you call `blue card` as even EEA1 confirmation was printed on the `blue card`.

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:35 pm

vndpag wrote:Hi Gurus,

I non European and my wife European ( Hungarian ) and we both married and living in UK , We applied for British passport for my daughter - born in 18 December 2014. my wife has permanent resident under EU rule and received blue card on 02 December 2014. I am still under EEA2 visa valid untill October 2016.

I applied online on 3 February 2015 and today we received letter from case worker who mentioned in the letter please see the exact words

Please provide the following documents so that we can consider your application further
-the passport which father entered in united kingdom or the passport/Home office letter showing that a parent had indefinite leave to enter or indefinite leave to remain in united kingdom at the time of Ms xxxxxxx birth.

As the person named above was born in UK after 31 December 1982 they may have a claim to British citizenship if one of parents were free from immigration control when that person was born.

We will consider your application further when we receive your reply.

Now I am bit confused why they are asking my passport when I already submitted my wife passport and our marriage certificate and my wife 5 years P60 and also Permanent Resident Card. My daughter Birth certificate clearly mentioned all detail of both parents.

The process is 3 weeks but seems to be little complicated the case worker is confused with Permanent resident issued by Home Office and now asking Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Please gurus and moderator kindly advice me what should I do and where I need to call to clarify this matter.

Thank you
>If one parents hold Permanent residence status before the birth of baby, the baby is British by birth.
>If ur EU wife has " Document Certifying Permanent Residence " (applied using EEA3 form) then for sure ur baby is British as u mentioned above she has been issue before the the birth of baby.
> you do not need to submit any other document like P60s as ur EU spouse's PR enough.
>when I applied British passport for my daughter i only sent my EU wife's PR card and i received British Passport in 3 weeks.
You should make a call to HMPO and explain them.
Please keep update

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:49 am

Refer them to 2(1).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.