ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration of Parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Immigration of Parents

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:59 pm

Hello Friends,

I want to ask I'm a British Citizen and I want my parents to get UK immigration .

Is there any link to ukba website where immigration rules allow you to sponsor your elderly parents etc.

I will appreciate your replies.

Thanks,

Ryan

vinny

Re: Immigration of Parents

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:19 pm

For what purpose?

To visit - possible.
To settle - very difficult.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i want them to settle with me.

I have read there was immigration rule which states if there is no care take abroad of your parents you can sponsor them on a condition till 5 years they can't claim benefits etc.

But as website has changed I'm strugling to find that stuff.

thanks,

Ryan

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:35 pm

The rules on bringing in elderly parents to settle have toughened. Unless you can prove that both of your parents need help with everyday care in washing and dressing etc and that care either isn't available in their home country or is unaffordable, then the application will fail. The sticking point is that if you can afford the care in the UK, in most cases you would be able to cover the costs where they are currently living.
Be aware that if you apply for a settlement visa and it is refused, then you risk of having refusals for all future visitor visa application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:57 am

Hi casa,

Thanks for your kind advice.

I really appreciate your reply and telling me real facts.

One of my friend's wife is german and there is some rules for EU nationals spouse parents etc, he applied his parents and they got 5 years visa after 5 years they will get PR i belive.

I remember they come here for visit then he applied their visa and it took 6 months as far as i remember to get them visa

I will ask him if he knows any way.

thanks again

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:06 am

ryan2020 wrote:Hi casa,

Thanks for your kind advice.

I really appreciate your reply and telling me real facts.

One of my friend's wife is german and there is some rules for EU nationals spouse parents etc, he applied his parents and they got 5 years visa after 5 years they will get PR i belive.

I remember they come here for visit then he applied their visa and it took 6 months as far as i remember to get them visa

I will ask him if he knows any way.

thanks again
That is known as the Surinder Singh route and has recently become much harder and will become even harder. Requires a complete upheaval/relocation to another EU State.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:13 pm

ok i dont knwo about it.

but my wife is not EU.

If its hard I wont take the risk.

Intresting thing is in USA its easy but in UK its very hard