ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New born baby from India settling in the UK

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ilrtier1

New born baby from India settling in the UK

Post by ilrtier1 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:30 pm

Hi,

I am a BC since 2014. I & My wife have ILR since 2011. We need to bring our new born baby girl to the UK from India.
Option 1: If I apply for direct british passort for the baby, the website says 16 weeks. I would like to know if anybody has been interviewed for British passport for their kid OTHER than in Delhi in India.
As I have to return to the UK in two weeks time, I cannot submit my original passport with the baby's passport application. Can I notorize my passport with an Indian lawyer, thought the gov.uk website says UK solicitor to be notorized?
The processing time mentioned is minimum 16 weeks in the gov.uk website. Has any applicant obtained the passport in 16 weeks?
The issue is my wife needs to start work after her 6 months maternity leave in August. If the maternity needs to be extended we need to inform the empoyer two months in advance. means I should know if the baby is going to get a passport by end of May. ie, in 12 weeks time.

Other option we think is o obtain an Indian passport and apply for ILR for the baby. The time mentioned for ilr only is 12 weeks. The Indian passport may obtain with in 2 weeks. Hence in total 14 weeks time, we may be able to take a decision about travel date to the UK.

Has anybody applied for child's british passport and obtained in 16 weeks? what were the documents included?
Similarly has anybody applied for ilr from India for child, which form did you use?

Thanks very much in advance

atel