ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Londoner078
Newly Registered

Re: June 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by Londoner078 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:32 pm

@Poya11 NO :/ when i say there are bunch of dearly beloved no one believes me..

stillwaiting4it
Newly Registered

Post by stillwaiting4it » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:00 pm

Londoner078 wrote:@Poya11 NO :/ when i say there are bunch of dearly beloved no one believes me..
Dunno, suspect they may be equal opportunity shambolic. I'm from a "special friend" country.

Poya11

Post by Poya11 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:07 pm

I do Believe you I know what's going on

Londoner078 wrote:@Poya11 NO :/ when i say there are bunch of dearly beloved no one believes me..

A.Jadoon

Post by A.Jadoon » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:17 am

Hi all,
Anyone left got a good news. Unfortunately no letter for me yet but my hopes are high.

Londoner078
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner078 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:32 pm

No good news for me..

I spoke to a very good lawyer the other day and he was very honest about everything, here what he explained about the letter we received, basically after all these disaster is going on in the middle east at the moment, some names specially those ones from the middle east or having a Muslim name or a surname are the ones who received 3-6 month letter and are going to have extra checks, for their background and a lot more just to make sure there are not related to anything.. which is very sad because I am from middle east but I am not Muslim and even if i was this is really unfair, I've been here for 11 years with no criminal record, studied and worked hard and now have to wait 8 month and still nothing! they do delay some others from east Europe as well just to say this is for everyone not only for people from the middle east but the truth is what i just explained above. its funny they did all these checks when i applied for my PR card last year and now they are going to check again lol
well done UK government well done!!!!

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi, There.
I was one of them who were waiting since last year Feb 20 and for no reason they hold my case just because I am a Muslim and have a strong background in the past my family were against the Russia in 1979 during the Afghan Russia war but that time uk and all western countries supported our leadership and funding as well now I have been here since 2006 with no criminal background and gotted ILR status in 2013 beginning everything they have checked during ILR process but now they still douth about my character. I think this a clearly discrimination for some nationality's. Shame on uk policy for these kind of thing.
Babe khyber

rachsach

Post by rachsach » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:24 pm

Londoner078 wrote:No good news for me..

I spoke to a very good lawyer the other day and he was very honest about everything, here what he explained about the letter we received, basically after all these disaster is going on in the middle east at the moment, some names specially those ones from the middle east or having a Muslim name or a surname are the ones who received 3-6 month letter and are going to have extra checks, for their background and a lot more just to make sure there are not related to anything.. which is very sad because I am from middle east but I am not Muslim and even if i was this is really unfair, I've been here for 11 years with no criminal record, studied and worked hard and now have to wait 8 month and still nothing! they do delay some others from east Europe as well just to say this is for everyone not only for people from the middle east but the truth is what i just explained above. its funny they did all these checks when i applied for my PR card last year and now they are going to check again lol
I am not a muslim and I have received the same letter.
I don't think they are only holding cases with muslim names.

bubulinea
Newly Registered

Post by bubulinea » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:35 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. However, I am considered a Muslim, and I got my approval within three months. So, unless Teresa May explains the delays and the '3-6 months' letters, it's still all guesswork, sadly.

Londoner078
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner078 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:52 pm

@rachsach as i explained the lawyer said they do keep some other nationalities as well to say that we are not only delaying Muslims applications, and again as i explained above they are more concerned at the moment because of the situation in the middle east.

Poya11

Post by Poya11 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:16 am

Salam bro
Did u get ur naturalisation in the end? Thanks

babe_khyber wrote:Hi, There.
I was one of them who were waiting since last year Feb 20 and for no reason they hold my case just because I am a Muslim and have a strong background in the past my family were against the Russia in 1979 during the Afghan Russia war but that time uk and all western countries supported our leadership and funding as well now I have been here since 2006 with no criminal background and gotted ILR status in 2013 beginning everything they have checked during ILR process but now they still douth about my character. I think this a clearly discrimination for some nationality's. Shame on uk policy for these kind of thing.
Babe khyber

berksmum
Newly Registered

Post by berksmum » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:25 am

Hello All,

My experience is another example of eligibility criteria being straightforward yet the processing time greatly surpassed the 6 months service standard. (Just over 8 months from the date of my acknowledgment letter.)

Basis of my application EEA exercising treaty rights
Nationality dual EEA/US (no PR) 20 years continuous residency, 17 years married to a BC

Applied 5.6.14 via NCS Maidenhead
Approval Received 16.2.15 (dated 13.2.15)
Still waiting for an invitation from the council for the ceremony

Other details: I sent a registered letter asking for an update on 26th Jan and then an email 7th Feb. I did not get a reply to either of these or the dreaded "3-6 month further letter" .

I feel very fortunate after reading that many who applied before me are still waiting. I hope you receive good news very SOON!!

biki5
Newly Registered

Post by biki5 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:58 am

I don't think it has to do with Middle East because I am from a country that is in balkan and still some it's over 8 months now and nothing but I didn't receive a letter to wait 3-6 moths the only thing I can say is they are dearly beloved

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:44 pm

I did agree with Londoner078, I've clean record past 11 years, pay full tax with all necessary council tax and others. I was rcv my ILR in less then month. but unfortunately stuck in Nauralisation coz my name start with Mohammed. Thats the only reason i find out to keep my application on holt. And as a safe side they keep some EU application as well, so no one can point out or (?) mark.

Londoner078 wrote:@rachsach as i explained the lawyer said they do keep some other nationalities as well to say that we are not only delaying Muslims applications, and again as i explained above they are more concerned at the moment because of the situation in the middle east.

aaagood
Newly Registered

Post by aaagood » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:18 pm

Just an update everyone. I applied on June 2014 received 3-6 months letter on 6th Feb and today when I called I was told decision was made on Friday and letter is on its way. I hope it is approval.

Poya11

Post by Poya11 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:17 pm

This is very good news for you and for us I hopefully it's a great news to u

Just an update everyone. I applied on June 2014 received 3-6 months letter on 6th Feb and today when I called I was told decision was made on Friday and letter is on its way. I hop e it is approval.[/quote]

rim77
Newly Registered

Post by rim77 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:05 pm

Hi All,

Good news for me and I would like to share them with you :)
I have sent my application on 12th June 2014 and today I have received my approval. The letter is dated on 17th Feb.
Previously, I received 2 of the "3-6 months" letters ...one dated 3rd Feb and another one dated 6th Feb...so...
Good Luck everyone and hope your approvals are on their way!

Minz25
Newly Registered

Post by Minz25 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:30 pm

I see i am not alone in receiving the 3-6 month letter. To be honest when i received it on 6th feb my heart just sank but the first thing i decided to do was come on this forum for support and answers in all honesty. I didn't know that the 3-6 month letters were sent out by the complaints department. I do wish there was more transparency to this process the not knowing is the hardest. I also applied last june but since reading someones post about how they received two 3-6month letters and then got a decision gives me hope. I think i am going to ask my solicitor to chase it up again! Hoping for good news for all of us.

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:06 am

rachsach wrote:

I am not a muslim and I have received the same letter.
I don't think they are only holding cases with muslim names.
I'm German and got approval after about 6 and a half months. I'm not Muslim and if not German my name sounds French. I look very Northern European, too.

They don't just make Muslims wait.

That being said - I didn't get one of these 3-6 months letters and a lot of ppl here have been waiting for more than 6 and a half months.
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

aaagood
Newly Registered

Post by aaagood » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:02 pm

aaagood wrote:Just an update everyone. I applied on June 2014 received 3-6 months letter on 6th Feb and today when I called I was told decision was made on Friday and letter is on its way. I hope it is approval.

Hi all I got my approval letter today. Applied on 9th June got 3-6 months letter two weeks ago.

Minz25
Newly Registered

Post by Minz25 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:53 pm

aaagood wrote:
aaagood wrote:Just an update everyone. I applied on June 2014 received 3-6 months letter on 6th Feb and today when I called I was told decision was made on Friday and letter is on its way. I hope it is approval.

Hi all I got my approval letter today. Applied on 9th June got 3-6 months letter two weeks ago.
Hi that's great news. Gives me hope! Btw did you follow up with the home office after you received the 3-6month letter?
Congrats again!

aaagood
Newly Registered

Post by aaagood » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:05 am

Minz25 wrote:
aaagood wrote:

Hi that's great news. Gives me hope! Btw did you follow up with the home office after you received the 3-6month letter?
Congrats again!
I called them few times and was told under consideration

xxevgenxx
Newly Registered

Post by xxevgenxx » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:59 pm

xxevgenxx wrote:Hello Guys,
I have applied for my British Citizenship

Eligibility criteria: 5yrs+1yr ILR married wife is British + 2 kids I'm from Belarus.
Language criteria met: Life in the UK & B1 test
Method of application: Myself royal mail
Date of application: 21/06/2014
Payment method CC/DC: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/06/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 11/07/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 26/06/2014
Date approval received: 26/02/2015 (8 months)
Date of ceremony: 03/03/2015

I received the same letter
advised to wait another 3-6 months.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :x :evil:
Hi guys
Good news I got my approval letter today!!!!! i could't believe. maid decision 23/02/2015
Hope for evryone!!!
Last edited by xxevgenxx on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minz25
Newly Registered

Post by Minz25 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:10 pm

xxevgenxx wrote:
xxevgenxx wrote:Hello Guys,
I have applied for my British Citizenship

Eligibility criteria: 5yrs+1yr ILR married wife is British + 2 kids I'm from Belarus.
Language criteria met: Life in the UK & B1 test
Method of application: Myself royal mail
Date of application: 21/06/2014
Payment method CC/DC: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/06/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 11/07/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 26/06/2014
Date approval received: 26/02/2015 (8 months)
Date of ceremony: waiting

I received the same letter

advised to wait another 3-6 months.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :x :evil:
Hi guys
Good news I got my approval letter today!!!!! i could't believe. maid decision 23/02/2015
Hope for evryone!!!
Congratulations! Glad to hear people are getting their approvals. Gives me hope. Fingers crossed!

Aqiboss
Newly Registered

Post by Aqiboss » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:11 pm

Spouse of British 3 years plus 1 year ILR
LIfe in UK + Esol

Date of submitted. 03/06/2014
Date of reciept 07/06/2014
Date of debit 09/06/2014
Date for interview 15/09/2014
Date of approval TBC
Date of ceremony TBC