ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 renewal after being granted through EU1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mikael
Newly Registered

Stamp 4 renewal after being granted through EU1

Post by Mikael » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:40 pm

Hi everybody!
I am sorry to ask about a renewal when I know that most of you got refusal letters.
I am one of the lucky cases that for some reason gor the stamp 4 in March 07 for 1 year after being waiting for 8 long months for the EU1.
If you ask me what could have been different in my case, I would say that I did not waited until getting a refusal to put a lawyer. I contacted a lawyer in the 7th month who sent out a letter "threating" the Dept of Justice that legal action will be taken if I did not get a response in 10 days. Amazingly i got a positive letter 2 weeks later.
Maybe I was lucky because I was one of the first ones as well. I applied in June 2006, just after 1 month that the law came into place.

But my question now if somebody can help is: "What should I do in order to renew?" Should I fill any other EU 1 form again? or it is just the case to going 2 the GNIB in March and ask straight for another stamp 4?
Should they give 5 years residence now after having given me an initial 1 year?

Do you think is there any chance that I could get a refusal after being originally accepted for 1 year?

Thanks a lot guys! and good luck in whatever you decide to do!!

microlab

Post by microlab » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:38 pm

Should they give 5 years residence now after having given me an initial 1 year?
Probably not. As you do not qualify , never lived in the "another" EU country, something called national Irish criteria and procedures applies.
EU1 forms will be needed again.

Mikael
Newly Registered

Post by Mikael » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:14 am

Thanks for your reply Microlab.
Was that an answer you are sure about? or just a personal opinion?
Thanks

microlab

Post by microlab » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:28 am

Was that an answer you are sure about?
Yes, its my personal opinion and I am almost certain about it.

microlab

Post by microlab » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:34 am

As the provisions of Regulation 3(2) continue to have effect, persons seeking to assert their EU Treaty rights in Ireland need to satisfy the requirement in accordance with that regulation as to lawful residence in another EU Member State immediately prior to their move to Ireland.

Otherwise, their applications for permission to remain in Ireland will be considered under national criteria and procedures.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... hts%20FAQs

zen63

Post by zen63 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:55 am

We will be in this situation in two months time - and according to the GNIB when we got the first year stamp, it should simply be a case of visiting the GNIB and getting a further year or four year card direct from them.

We were told that there would be no further EU1 forms to be filled.

God help them if they try to put me or my wife through that crap again.

microlab

Post by microlab » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:45 pm

ZEN 63 WROTE
Today we got our registered letter from the Justice dept. We were waiting 5 months and 1 week from start to finish.

The letter is one and a half pages of jargon that reads like they have declined the residence. However we took the letter to the GNIB in cork, and they confirmed that this was the correct letter.

My wife then got her passport stamped with permission to stay for a further year, and given a residence card.
I always wondered how did you manage this!?

I thought all visa nationals need to apply directly to DOJ.

zen63

Post by zen63 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:55 pm

We applied for the EU1, and received a letter stating in a 'round about way' that although residence was denied due to my wife not residing elsewhere in the EU, they would give her permission to remain for another year, and this could be renewed later.

Im sick of the whole clusterf**k that is the DeptJus, and only hope that we never have to deal with them again.

PS. They mentioned in the letter that 'As a British Citizen' so I dont know if that had any bearing - I dont imagine it would have, but I have not read the other denial letters.

microlab

Post by microlab » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm

'As a British Citizen'
Could be.

I just reapplied for my wife and I am almost positive you have to do it through DOJ.Best is to ask in local Garda in Cork or your solicitor.

Mikael
Newly Registered

I am every day more confused...

Post by Mikael » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:48 pm

Thanks a lot Zen63 for your reply.
Whenever you hopefully renew your wife's stamp 4 would you please updated us on how it was.
That will be very important!
Thanks a lot Microlab as well for your opinion.