ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Mixup

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Qwerty-UK

Passport Mixup

Post by Qwerty-UK » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:14 pm

Hi. I've been waiting 5 weeks for my passport and recently I got a letter a from HMPO asking for an "Indian travel document". Now this is extremely worrying - I have no connections to India whatsoever!

This is extremely worrying not to mention scary. Seems like they mixed up application with someone else's? Has anyone else been in this situation? I might request a formal investigation once all this is over.

Also, is there any way I can ask them to send my original documents back? I need to travel to France in 2 weeks. *sigh*

Thanks.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Passport Mixup

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:20 pm

Not very similar experience but back in 2009, when I initially applied for my T1, they told me over the phone that my application was dispatched to Birmingham Asylum seeker or refugee camp or something along those lines which made me worried. I drove all the way there and there was nothing. I called HO whilst I was there and was told that it was mailed out to my correct home address that very day. Not sure how it was mixed up and then auto corrected.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:18 pm

have you called HMPO and enquired?

Qwerty-UK

Post by Qwerty-UK » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:44 pm

Yes and basically she said she can't tell why they asked for it. Just need to wait. Also, they have no record of receiving my current passport but she also said it's possible they didn't make a note of it. Such an awesome service.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:45 pm

Qwerty-UK wrote:Yes and basically she said she can't tell why they asked for it. Just need to wait. Also, they have no record of receiving my current passport but she also said it's possible they didn't make a note of it. Such an awesome service.
You're only paying few thousands what you expect :evil:
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:19 pm

Have you tried the online tracker? I think you can cancel your application and ask for your documents back, but if they can't find your application...

Qwerty-UK

Post by Qwerty-UK » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:30 pm

So after days of panicking, they call me back. They have my passport!! Asked them to return it. I should get it back before I fly out (fingers crossed).