ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mistakhan
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by mistakhan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:02 pm

hi @Capricon123
i applied for entrepreneur in 2013 and was refused so went for appeal .I had hearing in oct2014 on hearing the home office withdrew the appeal so i already completed my 10 years.applied 4th nov 14 for ilr still waiting ...Hopefull get positiv reply Soon Insh Allah!
Capricon123 wrote:Hi Guys !
@ MistaKhan and Getgreen:Any updates regarding ur cases fella ?
Did u guys withdrawn ur appeals from tribunal before submitting new ILR applications ?
@Junaid1621 : have you received ur passport and other related documents from HO after ur approval ?

Regards

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:04 pm

mistakhan wrote:hi @Capricon123
i applied for entrepreneur in 2013 and was refused so went for appeal .I had hearing in oct2014 on hearing the home office withdrew the appeal so i already completed my 10 years.applied 4th nov 14 for ilr still waiting ...Hopefull get positiv reply Soon Insh Allah!
Did u guys withdrawn ur appeals from tribunal before submitting new ILR applications ?
@Junaid1621 : have you received ur passport and other related documents from HO after ur approval ?

Regards
Hi Mistakhan

I have few questions if u dont mind replying it.

How many days before hearing HO withdrew appeal?

Did u send them additional grounds that u complete 10 years?

DId HO suggest u to put ILR application or u vary your previous application (Tier 1 entrprenure) to Set lr?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

cloud99
Newly Registered

Post by cloud99 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:43 pm

mizanbg wrote:
cloud99 wrote:Hi ALL,

I am very happy to say that my ilr application has been approved and i also received my brp card.

i just wanted to get help from others regarding my wife's visa status and her future applications.

my ilr application based 10 year rule just got accepted last week 16th feb 2015, however my wife came to UK in November 2014 as a tier 1 general dependent. she has a valid visa till august 2016.

what do i have to do now in order to extend her visa -

1. shall i wait till her visa finishes and then apply as ilr dependent? if so, do i need to prove income £18500 or so ?

2. OR the best option is to apply for ilr (long residence) dependent as soon as possible? do i need to use FLR (M) for that application?

3. how long does she need to wait in order to apply for ILR and are there any other requirements?

Massive thanks to all the members , this site really helps someone in tough times.

Regards
Hi there,

You need to apply for your wife flr(m) visa as soon as possible ideally within 28 days. otherewise, she may be deemed as an overstayer. She will be given 30 months visa and wait for 5 years for ilr and her earlier stay will be nulled from the day of her aproval of flr (m). She also needs to meet the income threshhold £18600 as well as needs to pass the required english test. Hope that will answer your queries.
Many thanks for your response.

this info is very scary.. HO is literally making money machine.

anyways, are you sure about 28 days timescale? will she be classified as an overstayed person? also, what about IELTS from british council as an alternate to other english test? can we use that result for english language?

mistakhan
Newly Registered

Post by mistakhan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:48 pm

@ Zee ALi

hoome office withdrew appeal on the sameday infront of judge
as i told them on the hearing day i have completed my 10 years
so they said to better go for ilr so they withdrew there decision
hope that helps
Zee ali wrote:
mistakhan wrote:hi @Capricon123

Regards
Hi Mistakhan

I have few questions if u dont mind replying it.

How many days before hearing HO withdrew appeal?

Did u send them additional grounds that u complete 10 years?

DId HO suggest u to put ILR application or u vary your previous application (Tier 1 entrprenure) to Set lr?

rao_27
Newly Registered

Post by rao_27 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Bad news for me today as my visa is rejected because of the gap. My student visa was expiring on 2nd of june 2009 but i applied renewal on 9th june 2009, got refused that visa and i had no right of appeal. then i applied PSW in Sept 2009 and got it in nov 2009.

now HO says you have a gap of 174 days. but i have right to appeal.

Please can any senior member tell me what to do and what are my chances now. i came uk in oct 2004. my wife also came here last year on phd student visa(valid till 2018) and no kids.

Good luck for all who applied

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:16 pm

Hi mistakhan

Thanks for quick response

I am in same situation mate. My hearing is soon and completing 10 years before that. What should i do ?

Go for hearing and do the same ?

or send them additional grounds to add in appeal that i completed 10 years?

Where was your hearing? Court?

Is your 3c still intact? I mean if God forbid anything wrong happen with ILR application? Would u get appeal right ?

Is your work right still exist after applying ILR?

Do u have family kids? if yes what happen to their appeal?

Your information is very help for me

Regards
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:35 pm

dear friends
need some help regarding this,

i varied my leave from student to ilr, at the same time i applied for my wife and told UKVI to hold her file till my decision is pending. we received letter confirming that my wife's decision is pending until mine is under consideration. we requested that our file gets considered together.

as you can find out from the spread sheet it has been 17 week since i applied, did biometric the next available day,
we have not heard from them.

every time i call same answer 'PLEASE CONTINUE TO WAIT'.

anyone has any idea how long do i need to suffer like this. the wait is a killer.

please help
any info on this will be a huge help

regards

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:14 am

meghankit wrote:dear friends
need some help regarding this,

i varied my leave from student to ilr, at the same time i applied for my wife and told UKVI to hold her file till my decision is pending. we received letter confirming that my wife's decision is pending until mine is under consideration. we requested that our file gets considered together.

as you can find out from the spread sheet it has been 17 week since i applied, did biometric the next available day,
we have not heard from them.

every time i call same answer 'PLEASE CONTINUE TO WAIT'.

anyone has any idea how long do i need to suffer like this. the wait is a killer.

please help
any info on this will be a huge help

regards
@meghankit

Dont worry bro u will hear a good news soon. Which form u will for your wife application?

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:20 am

Zee ali wrote:
@meghankit

Dont worry bro u will hear a good news soon. Which form u will for your wife application?

hi
i used FLR(M) for her

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:32 am

meghankit wrote:
Zee ali wrote:
@meghankit

hi
i used FLR(M) for her
Thanks meghankit

Any kids in flr m included?

if yes did they born in UK? Did they have visa prior to flr m?

mistakhan
Newly Registered

Post by mistakhan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:38 am

@ZEE ALI
as my personal experience what i think you should go to hearing and not withdraw your appeal
Because if you do withdraw the appeal there is a chance of not getting RIGHT OF APPEAL if anything goes wrong in ILR
there is a bright chance of Home office to withdraw the appeal if you go with additional documents which are required for ILR life in uk test english language certificate ielts or your degree etc
what i did is i went with additional documents but didn't submitted before hearing just took them along me on hearing so the home office was not prepared for it
thats how they withdrew the appeal
when home office withdraws the appeal meaning the original application made for visa which was refused by home office is again PENDING FOR NEW DECIOSION .
i dont have no family kids etc
hope that helps

so this is safer way
Zee ali wrote:Hi mistakhan

I am in same situation mate. My hearing is soon and completing 10 years before that. What should i do ?

Is your 3c still intact? I mean if God forbid anything wrong happen with ILR application? Would u get appeal right ?

Regards

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:47 am

Zee ali wrote:
meghankit wrote:
Zee ali wrote:
@meghankit

hi
i used FLR(M) for her
Thanks meghankit

Any kids in flr m included?

if yes did they born in UK? Did they have visa prior to flr m?

no kids

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:06 pm

brother Khan

Wasn't it possible that judge tell HO
To consider the additional and issue ILR ?

Because according to law you have to not apply seperate lu

HO is bound to give you ILR

What was judge response when you said additional grounds and HO said you can apply ILR ?

mistakhan wrote:@ZEE ALI
as my personal experience what i think you should go to hearing and not withdraw your appeal
Because if you do withdraw the appeal there is a chance of not getting RIGHT OF APPEAL if anything goes wrong in ILR
there is a bright chance of Home office to withdraw the appeal if you go with additional documents which are required for ILR life in uk test english language certificate ielts or your degree etc
what i did is i went with additional documents but didn't submitted before hearing just took them along me on hearing so the home office was not prepared for it
when home office withdraws the appeal meaning the original application made for visa which was refused by home office is again PENDING FOR NEW DECIOSION .
hope that helps

so this is safer way

Regards

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:26 pm

I have called HO office today. Spoken with lady who said my application is pending for decision. Can some please tell me what dose this means. I also asked if my application has been allocated to case worker but she didn't tell me. Any one know please reply thanks

Since

Post by Since » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:42 pm

@CHUDHARY

when did you apply ?

Thanks
CHUDHARY wrote:I have called HO office today. Spoken with lady who said my application is pending for decision. Can some please tell me what dose this means. I also asked if my application has been allocated to case worker but she didn't tell me. Any one know please reply thanks

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:47 pm

Since wrote:@CHUDHARY

when did you apply ?
25/11/2014

Thanks
CHUDHARY wrote:I have called HO office today. Spoken with lady who said my application is pending for decision. Can some please tell me what dose this means. I also asked if my application has been allocated to case worker but she didn't tell me. Any one know please reply thanks

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Since wrote:@CHUDHARY

when did you apply ?

Thanks
@Since
I applied on 26/11/2014.thanks

Cisco89
Newly Registered

Post by Cisco89 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:41 pm

Hi All,

Please advise me
I have recently got ILR on 10 year long residency base
My wife has dependent visa of Tier1 so which form we need to use to extend my wife visa and which documents required for this extension

I am salaried person earning more than £18600

Your reply will be appreciated.

Regards
Faiz

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi mate hopefully you will get ur decion by next week December application already allacated to case worker , I call this morning i called home office they confirmed me I applied 17th December hope fully I will get my one soon ,I spoke to my solicitor as well they already receive couple of December applicant desicion .so it's not surprising me

2015App
Newly Registered

Post by 2015App » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:16 pm

Hi,

I have applied on 20th Dec.

Phoned HO and horrible lady replied me it is an ongoing application. I have asked her is it with case worker or waiting for decision etc... and she replied me she got very limited information to give me.

on going application..... what this means

Please reply

Thanks

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:35 pm

Dec17 wrote:
Hi mate hopefully you will get ur decion by next week December application already allacated to case worker , I call this morning i called home office they confirmed me I applied 17th December hope fully I will get my one soon ,I spoke to my solicitor as well they already receive couple of December applicant desicion .so it's not surprising me
@Dec17
Thank you for your reply. Do you know the meaning of the term she used "pending for decision ". As most of the time we hear different terms like under process , awaiting to be considered, in case worker unit, with case worker etc. but I never heard of it

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:37 pm

2015App wrote:Hi,

I have applied on 20th Dec.

Phoned HO and horrible lady replied me it is an ongoing application. I have asked her is it with case worker or waiting for decision etc... and she replied me she got very limited information to give me.

on going application..... what this means

Please reply

Thanks
@ 2015 App, mate I think must be the same lady, I have spoken today. I probably try to call again this week.

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:45 pm

smir wrote:brother Khan

Wasn't it possible that judge tell HO
To consider the additional and issue ILR ?

Because according to law you have to not apply seperate lu

HO is bound to give you ILR

What was judge response when you said additional grounds and HO said you can apply ILR ?

mistakhan wrote:@ZEE ALI
hope that helps

so this is safer way

Regards
Smir i doubt if home office is going to issue ILR
, i think what they will probably do is withdraw from the appeal and asked you to make new application.in my own opinion they will always want to make money so their strategy will be to offer you something lower than ILR and expect you to pay that £1090 for ILR.

taz123
inactive

Post by taz123 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi respected members

I have applied for my ILR on 3 of October 2014 and done bio on 10 of November since then no response I have been waiting.....any one on the same boat

Once I had spoken toHO they said under process can any one on the same situation
Plz reply me
Thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:45 pm

Agree with u in some extent but i read some cases here that HO issued visa without new application form.

But as ILR fees r rising from april (1500 new fees). They dont want to loose it :D :D

Mistakhan thanks for your reply