ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Jay_707

Referees

Post by Jay_707 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi Could someone advice whether a retired Accountant can sign naturalisation application as a referee?
Many thanks
Jay

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Referees

Post by milan69 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:12 pm

If he is certified accountant he can.
I am sometimes wrong.

ryan1512lon

Re: Referees

Post by ryan1512lon » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:39 pm

I think it should be fine ,there is no thorough list with professionals, the one given is just an example of what could be a professional. I know someone who had his naturalisation granted with an assistant teacher as a referee (and surely that's not considered as a professional), and someone else, his child registration (MN1) granted with no professional referee whatsoever just a British person over 25 (he wrote a letter explaining now he didn't know anyone professional for his newborn baby thus why he only had one referee). They are definitely not that strict when it comes to referees especially for a child, as long as they are genuine of course.