ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asked to attend interview

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

om.feb26

Asked to attend interview

Post by om.feb26 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi,

I have applied postal application for tier1 general extension on 13th january 2015. I received a letter on 10th February 2015 which says that I have to attend the interview to take decision.

I had submitted all the required documents, I am self-employed from last 4 years and this was my second extension. I applied for early extension as my visa expiry date is 20th Dec 2015.

After that letter there is no communication from Home office. I can attend interview whenever they want but no idea when it will be.

Is there anyone who had same kind of experience? How much time HO normally takes to invite for interview? any idea about timelines?

Please reply if you get any information of such kind.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks

om.feb26

Re: Asked to attend interview

Post by om.feb26 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 am

Hi, I would request any senior member to express your view or any advice.

Thanks,

Sriv
Newly Registered

Post by Sriv » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:26 pm

I have exactly the same situation and got the interview letter on 10th Feb.

Any one please guide me how to prepare the interview.

Sriv
Newly Registered

Post by Sriv » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi om.feb26,

Did you get the interview date ? Please respond as I have got the similar case.

Thanks

om.feb26

Post by om.feb26 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi Sriv,

I had received interview letter around 8 days back. My interview is planned for tomorrow. I hope, you get your interview sort out very soon.

Thanks

mywork19
Newly Registered

Post by mywork19 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:23 pm

Hi,

My situation is also same as om.feb26 and Sriv.

I have applied postal application for Tier-1 general extension on 2nd Feb, this is my 2nd extension. I got a letter on 18th Feb (dated 16th Feb) asking to attend the interview, interview details will follow.

My current visa expiry is on 1st Sept 2015, I am self employed for the last 4 years without any gap and I applied for early extension.

Please reply/updated if any attended the interview.

Thanks in advance..

mywork19
Newly Registered

Post by mywork19 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:28 pm

om.feb26 wrote:Hi Sriv,

I had received interview letter around 8 days back. My interview is planned for tomorrow. I hope, you get your interview sort out very soon.

Thanks

Hi om.fwb26,

Can you please update us once you attend the interview.

Thanks in advance

ddkuk
Newly Registered
India

Post by ddkuk » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:56 am

Hi,

I have applied postal application for Tier-1 general extension on 3rd Feb, this is my 2nd extension. I got a letter on 19th Feb (dated 17th Feb) asking to attend the interview, interview details will follow.

My current visa expiry is on 6th Nov 2015, I am a permanent employee with the same company since I arrived in UK and I applied for early extension. My earnings and maintenance are well above that is required for my extension. Not sure why I have been called for the interview.

Please reply/updated if any attended the interview.

Thanks in advance.

ashfan
Newly Registered

Post by ashfan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:00 pm

Hello Everyone ..

Thanks for sharing that you been asked to attend an interview .. I am also Tier 1 General extension requested in July 2014 but still waiting for their reply. I have not received any interview call so far but I would encourage everyone to share their information regarding the interview. Also let us know the outcome after the interview as well.

Regards

params0073

Post by params0073 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:27 pm

ashfan wrote:Hello Everyone ..

Thanks for sharing that you been asked to attend an interview .. I am also Tier 1 General extension requested in July 2014 but still waiting for their reply. I have not received any interview call so far but I would encourage everyone to share their information regarding the interview. Also let us know the outcome after the interview as well.

Regards
Its nearly 8 months :o ! Did you try to contact them(or email ) ?

Param

mywork19
Newly Registered

Post by mywork19 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:47 pm

om.feb26 wrote:Hi Sriv,

Thanks

Hi om.Feb26,

I hope you attended your interview today and all went well....!!

Can you please update us how was the interview and what were the questions they asked you..?

Thanks in Advance

om.feb26

Post by om.feb26 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi All,

I have attended the interview today. It was 10 mins video conferencing. She asked same standard questions as were asked from other people (Search other thread, questions are shared by many people).

At the end I asked about why am I called for interview as I have got very straight case with all documents. Interviewer said that "There is nothing wrong with my case or my documents, They have changed the process recently, They are calling many people now to know more details about them".

I asked about when can I expect the response and Interviewer said that It will take few weeks and I will receive a letter from HO.

Thanks

mywork19
Newly Registered

Post by mywork19 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:39 pm

om.feb26 wrote:Hi All,

I have attended the interview today. It was 10 mins video conferencing. She asked same standard questions as were asked from other people (Search other thread, questions are shared by many people).

At the end I asked about why am I called for interview as I have got very straight case with all documents. Interviewer said that "There is nothing wrong with my case or my documents, They have changed the process recently, They are calling many people now to know more details about them".

I asked about when can I expect the response and Interviewer said that It will take few weeks and I will receive a letter from HO.

Thanks

Hi Om.feb26,

Thank you very much for quick update, really appreciate your help.Any questions specific to income/early extension as we are self employed..? if possible please send us couple of questions that you faced today, in other threads i couldn't find any specific to Tier-1 extension.

Please share some questions.

Thank you...

Sriv
Newly Registered

Post by Sriv » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:23 pm

Hi om.fwb26,

Hope ur interview went well. My situation is very similar to urs. Applier my 2nd Tier 1 General extension on 22nd of January and got a interview letter on 10th Feb. I am still waiting for my interview date. Is ur interview in Sheffied ? For my extension documents I have provided my 12 months (1st Jan 2014 to 31st Dec 2014) personal statement, payslips, dividends, accountant letter with sales summaries and income details.

Do we need to take any business documents for interview ? I am planning to take last year business statements, invoices, company returns, company registration, VAT receipts etc.

Do they ask for any documents at the time of interview ? are the above mentioned business documents sufficient at the time of interview ?

Are they insisting on particular area like expenses, business income etc..Please share few.

Fingers crossed. Bit worried.

Please let me know.

om.feb26

Post by om.feb26 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Hi @mywork19 ,

Please follow the link http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... ing%20test for questions. review the whole thread and you will see many questions. Questions asked to me was a subset of these question.

Thanks

om.feb26

Post by om.feb26 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi @sriv

My interview was good and it lasted for 10 mins only. My experience is that there is nothing wrong with your case, it is just random calls to some people. No need to worry about and you don't need to carry any documents. No documents will be accepted. My interview was at London paddington Battleship schengen VAC building. It was video conferencing discussion. No need to worry about, You should know all about your earnings and tax you paid.

Thanks

Sriv
Newly Registered

Post by Sriv » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:00 pm

Ok cool.

Thanks om.feb26 for a quick reply.

Are they looking for only last year income details ? I do have my previous years income returns but not sure how to explain everything on my expenses and stuff. Is that we need to mention in depth details or an overview.

om.feb26

Post by om.feb26 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:04 pm

@Sriv They asked me for last year only, but you should be ready to explain about expenses and all other details about you & company. They are not looking for exact figure but you should have some idea about it.

Sriv
Newly Registered

Post by Sriv » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:09 pm

OK. Thanks again :)

From last year Oct my wife also joined as a director and started contract job. Do I need to mention that aswell ? About her job, inovices and stuff ?
Last edited by Sriv on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

om.feb26

Post by om.feb26 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:19 pm

@Sriv Don't worry mate. I have the same kind of case as yours. There is nothing wrong about mentioning anything which is true and correct. I understand your state, but I would say wait for your interview call and keep calm. Just refresh all documents you sent and your personal and business tax details.

mywork19
Newly Registered

Post by mywork19 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:21 pm

om.feb26 wrote:Hi @mywork19 ,

Please follow the link http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... ing%20test for questions. review the whole thread and you will see many questions. Questions asked to me was a subset of these question.

Thanks

Thank you very much for prompt update.

Sriv
Newly Registered

Post by Sriv » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:24 pm

Yeah Thanks mate !!

I will wait for interview call. Thanks for ur replies.

Will post my interview details, result soon.

ddkuk
Newly Registered
India

Post by ddkuk » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:33 pm

om.feb26 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks
Thanks om for your feedback regarding the interview.

I got an email today with the date and time of interview in London. Hope it goes well.

mywork19
Newly Registered

Post by mywork19 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:57 pm

Sriv wrote:Hi om.fwb26,

Hope ur interview went well. My situation is very similar to urs. Applier my 2nd Tier 1 General extension on 22nd of January and got a interview letter on 10th Feb. I am still waiting for my interview date. Is ur interview in Sheffied ? For my extension documents I have provided my 12 months (1st Jan 2014 to 31st Dec 2014) personal statement, payslips, dividends, accountant letter with sales summaries and income details.

Do we need to take any business documents for interview ? I am planning to take last year business statements, invoices, company returns, company registration, VAT receipts etc.

Do they ask for any documents at the time of interview ? are the above mentioned business documents sufficient at the time of interview ?

Are they insisting on particular area like expenses, business income etc..Please share few.

Fingers crossed. Bit worried.

Please let me know.

Hi Sriv,

I hope you got your interview letter, could you please share your interview details once you attend the interview.

Thanks in Advance

mywork19
Newly Registered

Post by mywork19 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:45 pm

Hi ddkuk/om.feb26,

I hope you got your visa by now. just want to know after interview how many days they took to send your visa.

Thanks in advance...