ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Requirement - Which category Plzz.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Musa

Financial Requirement - Which category Plzz.

Post by Musa » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:47 pm

Hello..

I am confuse about financial category (A or B) i should rely in my wife's visa application. I am working with same employer since 3 years and wages are variable depend on hours i do each month. Gross wages of last 6 months before application are as under.

Sep 2014: £3129.76
Oct 2014: £2435.66
Nov 2014: £3139.50
Dec 2014: £2697.50
Jan 2015: £3620.50
Feb 2015: £637.00 (i worked only 1 week this month)

Please advice me which Category should we tick, Cat A or Cat B ?

Obie
Ireland

Re: Financial Requirement - Which category Plzz.

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:45 pm

Well it seems to me that unless you are a non-salaried worker, you will need to rely on Category B, which is your earning over the 12 months preceding the application.

Otherwise, if you are non-salaried, it will be the average weekly earning over 26 weeks multiply by 52, or total earning over 26 weeks divide by 6 and multiply by 12.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Musa

Post by Musa » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:17 am

Thanks for your reply obie.

How do i find out that i am on salaried or non-salaried employment ? My job is permanent but working hours are always different every week. and in case of non-salaried employment do i rely on Cat B ? and which option should i tick in the visa form as i cant see non-salaried employment option. shot is given below. Regards
Attachments
financial requirments 1.jpg
financial requirments 1.jpg (71.21 KiB) Viewed 720 times

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:38 am

Musa wrote:Thanks for your reply obie.

How do i find out that i am on salaried or non-salaried employment ? My job is permanent but working hours are always different every week. and in case of non-salaried employment do i rely on Cat B ? and which option should i tick in the visa form as i cant see non-salaried employment option. shot is given below. Regards

If your pay is directly related to the number of hours you work, you are non-salaried. If you get paid a set salary and then get paid additionally for hours worked over the minimum (or if you don't get paid more for working more hours), you are salaried. These definitions having nothing to do with immigration...

Musa

Post by Musa » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:50 am

Thanks physicskate for your kind reply..

From this definition i am non-salaried employ. just one last simple question is, where do i tick in the visa application form as i can not see non-salaried in options? Visa application shot and my employment history given in earlier posts. i am with the same employer since 3 years.

Regards

Musa

Post by Musa » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Any one ,,, please i need your help guys !!

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:12 pm

Musa wrote:Any one ,,, please i need your help guys !!
Just tick Cat A,don't worry about salaried or not,they'll know from the letter from your employer.

Musa

Post by Musa » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:36 am

Thanks for your kind reply Rayking.

Any other member can confirm this please, just double checking as i don't want to make mistake. I will just tick Cat A ?

Kind Regards.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:03 am

There is nothing to tick to confirm non salaried employment. Just make it explicit in the 'additional information' box at the end of the form and perhaps on your supporting letter.

I was in non salaried employment when I sponsored my husband - to ensure that was clear I also created a spreadsheet detailing the gross and net pay I received each week and calculated my average pay across the 6 months to evidence that I met the annual amount required. This is not necessary but it gave me peace of mind that it was explicit.

Musa

Post by Musa » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:29 am

Thanks for your detail reply SoHopeful. I will explain it in my sponsor letter.

Regards.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:36 pm

There is a different evidential burden for Cat A salaried and Cat A non - salaried.

That distinction may not be obvious to an ECO, especially if the non salaried worker receivrd pay on a monthly basis.

Therefore I beg to disagree with those that have suggested that Cat A salaried and CAT A non salaried is a distinction without substance .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors