ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents to visit UK as a Self sufficient on EEA FP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sheikh_sohaib
Newly Registered

Documents to visit UK as a Self sufficient on EEA FP

Post by sheikh_sohaib » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:45 am

Hi,

I am EU National and my 7 month daughter is also EU National. My wife is Non-EU National and I want to apply EEA FAMILY PERMIT for her. As I am living with my wife in a NON-EU country and I want to take my wife and daughter to UK on holidays. So could anyone please tell me the supporting documents for EEA FAMILY PERMIT visa which make my visa application strong in case she apply as a self- sufficient person? Because in the application form they didnt ask for much documents if we apply as a self sufficient, but still i want to make my application strong. So please help me regarding this.

Thanks in Advance.

sheikh_sohaib
Newly Registered

Re: Documents to visit UK as a Self sufficient on EEA FP

Post by sheikh_sohaib » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:32 pm

no reply yet :(

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:25 pm

If you don't live in the UK, there is no need to be self sufficient. What you do is irrelevant (although the form does ask for financial information which you don't need to answer). All that is needed is passports, marriage certificate and letter signed by you stating you will travel together. See the FAQ (link below) for more detail.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

sheikh_sohaib
Newly Registered

Post by sheikh_sohaib » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:40 pm

Jambo wrote:If you don't live in the UK, there is no need to be self sufficient. What you do is irrelevant (although the form does ask for financial information which you don't need to answer). All that is needed is passports, marriage certificate and letter signed by you stating you will travel together. See the FAQ (link below) for more detail.
Thanks for your reply.

But dont you think I need to provide them my personal bank statement also from the country where I am living? Because if the Embassy ask me that you are going to UK for 3 month, so show us the sufficient funds you have to stay and live there. And secondly if I ask someone to send me a lodger agreement for 3 months, then dont you think it would also make my visa application strong?

Thanks in advance

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:05 pm

You can also provide them with your car number plate and photo of your dog. It will not make a difference. As EEA national you enjoy from free movement in the EU irrespective of your financial situation. Trust me, you don't want to provide them information which is not required. They might get confused and use it against you.

If you are just going for holiday, why would you want to provide rental agreement for 3 months?

sheikh_sohaib
Newly Registered

Post by sheikh_sohaib » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:17 pm

Jambo wrote:You can also provide them with your car number plate and photo of your dog. It will not make a difference. As EEA national you enjoy from free movement in the EU irrespective of your financial situation. Trust me, you don't want to provide them information which is not required. They might get confused and use it against you.

If you are just going for holiday, why would you want to provide rental agreement for 3 months?
OHH... you are right...any extra document which I provide them they can use against me...
I cannot afford to live in hotels for 3 months, letting a room is cheaper then that. that why i taught to show room agreement to the Embassy also.

One more thing, my plan is to visit as a tourist but if i find a good job there and then I manage to get employer agreement and 3 payslips then i can apply for residence card of not?

I think the spouse of EEA National cannot apply for any other visit visa, they only apply for EEA FAMILY PERMIT, i am right?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:22 am

As EEA national you (and your family) enojoy free movement in the EU. If you move to the UK to look for a job, you don't need to say you are going as a tourist. In fact you don't need to explain why you are going (and whatever reason you have it has no affect on the application). The application is very simple and quick. You wife can apply for other visas but EEA Family Permit is the one the makes sense as it is free and she meets the requirement (I.e. a family member of EEA national). She can apply for a residence card in country if you decide to stay.

sheikh_sohaib
Newly Registered

Post by sheikh_sohaib » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:23 am

Jambo wrote:As EEA national you (and your family) enojoy free movement in the EU. If you move to the UK to look for a job, you don't need to say you are going as a tourist. In fact you don't need to explain why you are going (and whatever reason you have it has no affect on the application). The application is very simple and quick. You wife can apply for other visas but EEA Family Permit is the one the makes sense as it is free and she meets the requirement (I.e. a family member of EEA national). She can apply for a residence card in country if you decide to stay.
thanks for your earliest reply and help brother...
Actually on EEA Family permit form (VAF5) there is nothing written about those non-eu national who want to go for holidays along with there EEA National Spouse and their requirements for getting visa...... they had only mentioned that those non-eu national can get visa whose spouse is employed, self-employed, student, self sufficient or job seeker in UK.... in other words they said that this EEA Family Permit visa is only for that person whose spouse is already been to UK...

So thats why I am finding it very hard regarding the documentations which i need in my wife visa applying case. :(

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:01 pm

sheikh_sohaib wrote:
Jambo wrote:As EEA national you (and your family) enojoy free movement in the EU. If you move to the UK to look for a job, you don't need to say you are going as a tourist. In fact you don't need to explain why you are going (and whatever reason you have it has no affect on the application). The application is very simple and quick. You wife can apply for other visas but EEA Family Permit is the one the makes sense as it is free and she meets the requirement (I.e. a family member of EEA national). She can apply for a residence card in country if you decide to stay.
Actually on EEA Family permit form (VAF5) there is nothing written about those non-eu national who want to go for holidays along with there EEA National Spouse and their requirements for getting visa...... they had only mentioned that those non-eu national can get visa whose spouse is employed, self-employed, student, self sufficient or job seeker in UK.... in other words they said that this EEA Family Permit visa is only for that person whose spouse is already been to UK...

So thats why I am finding it very hard regarding the documentations which i need in my wife visa applying case. :(
Which Eu country you are national of. ?

So Jambo Please correct me if i am wrong.You are trying to say if someone has got the any EU country nationality and he is living with non eu wife in non-eu country.So he can travel to any Eu country for thee months max.

e.g If someone is British national and his wife has been in the uk in the past as dependent of Tier 1 Gen but now living in the Pakistan.So can she visit him or travel with together for thee months in UK or any European country.

am i right ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:03 pm

No idea where you read that in the form. See this link eligibility - https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eligibility

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Babajee85 wrote:
sheikh_sohaib wrote:

So Jambo Please correct me if i am wrong.You are trying to say if someone has got the any EU country nationality and he is living with non eu wife in non-eu country.So he can travel to any Eu country for thee months max.

e.g If someone is British national and his wife has been in the uk in the past as dependent of Tier 1 Gen but now living in the Pakistan.So can she visit him or travel with together for thee months in UK or any European country.

am i right ?
Almost. The rules are different for your own country. So British citizen and his family can travel to any country in the EU apart from UK under the EEA regulations (there is a special case for British called Surinder Singh. Check the FAQ for more details. ).

sheikh_sohaib
Newly Registered

Post by sheikh_sohaib » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:29 pm

Babajee85 wrote:
sheikh_sohaib wrote:

am i right ?
Babajee or chachajee i am from Belgium... lols

if that person can travel with the eu national to any European country for three months then does he need to show his bank statement along with the visa application of that non- eu narional to UK Embassy.?

because i think UK embassy will definitely ask that particular person that does he/ she have sufficient funds to stay in UK for 2 months at least.

sheikh_sohaib
Newly Registered

Post by sheikh_sohaib » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:35 pm

So thats why I am finding it very hard regarding the documentations which i need in my wife visa applying case. :([/quote]

am i right ?[/quote]
Almost. The rules are different for your own country. So British citizen and his family can travel to any country in the EU apart from UK under the EEA regulations (there is a special case for British called Surinder Singh. Check the FAQ for more details. ).[/quote]

i think surinder singh case is different from mine...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:29 pm

sheikh_sohaib wrote: because i think UK embassy will definitely ask that particular person that does he/ she have sufficient funds to stay in UK for 2 months at least.
what you think is irrelevant. It's what the law says that matters. No financial information is required.