ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS Feedback?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

serena80
Newly Registered

NCS Feedback?

Post by serena80 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:38 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I want to know your feedback regards the NCS, I am about to apply for the citizenship for my husband but not sure if to apply directly or go through NCS. Only reason why we dont want apply directly is that we dont want to handover his passport as we have holiday planned for India in August and also dont want to take the risk that it goes lost. On the other hand we heard that even if you apply via NCS HO might ask to see the passport.
Could you please let me know if this happened to you and share your experience please so that we can decide?

Many Thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: NCS Feedback?

Post by milan69 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:52 pm

I recommend that you apply through NCS. In addition to checking if you have all relevant documents they will photocopy your documents and return originals to you.
I am sometimes wrong.

serena80
Newly Registered

Post by serena80 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:58 pm

Thanks for your quick reply. Would HO will then request to view the original passport? I heard stories ( I dont know if they are true or not) that applying via NCS take more time to be processed. Is that true?

Thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:01 am

NCS is authorized by HO to check validity and authenticity of your documents.
I am sometimes wrong.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:04 am

Applying through NCS should not affect the time it takes HO to proceed with your application.
I am sometimes wrong.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:38 am

Someone whose just been and applied through NCS yesterday, I would defo recommend it and it is well worth £75 you pay - They provided guidance on some tricky questions I personally had, relaxed and explained end-to-end process. Definitely worth it.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Ubwa
Newly Registered

Post by Ubwa » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:24 pm

serena80 wrote:Thanks for your quick reply. Would HO will then request to view the original passport? I heard stories ( I dont know if they are true or not) that applying via NCS take more time to be processed. Is that true?

Thanks
No, my application went through NCS and took 7 days to process from the HO acknowledgement date(seems post took up most of the time outside that...).

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:59 pm

During the last two years I have used NCS for myself, wife and son and had no issues with quick approvals in all cases. I would certainly recommend using NCS.