ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport for Child Born in the UK to EEA mother

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yousuf2015

British Passport for Child Born in the UK to EEA mother

Post by yousuf2015 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:55 pm

Good Morning,

I hope you all are well. I'm an EEA National (Belgian) exercising treaty rights in UK since 2006. I have also got the Blue Registration Certificate/Card in January 2007. Then I studied for 5 years in UK and now I'm self employed. I'm in UK for the last 8 years continues.

God has blessed me with a baby boy last month Jan 2015. I want to apply for my baby British passport. Please advise me the procedure and the form used for applying for British Passport for baby born in UK. Need your advise please.

Thanks a lot in advance..

LilyLalilu

Re: British Passport for Child Born in the UK to EEA mother

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi,

EEA citizens automatically acquire Permanent Residence (PR) after 5 years of exercising treaty rights.

If your son was born in the UK after you acquired PR (which seems to be the case as you say that you were exercising treaty rights for 5 continuous years prior to your son's birth), he is automatically British and you can apply directly for a passport and enclose proof of exercising treaty rights for 5 years with the application.
The passport application form can be obtained at any post office or you can fill in a form online which will then be sent to you to complete and sign.

UK-born children whose parents acquired PR after their birth need to be registered as British Citizens using form MN1 prior to applying for a passport.

Have a look here for more info:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html
(Scroll down to children section)
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:41 pm

yousuf2015 wrote:Good Morning,

I hope you all are well. I'm an EEA National (Belgian) exercising treaty rights in UK since 2006. I have also got the Blue Registration Certificate/Card in January 2007. Then I studied for 5 years in UK and now I'm self employed. I'm in UK for the last 8 years continues.

God has blessed me with a baby boy last month Jan 2015. I want to apply for my baby British passport. Please advise me the procedure and the form used for applying for British Passport for baby born in UK. Need your advise please.

Thanks a lot in advance..
Your main issue would be your student years. For them to counted for PR (which is needed for the child be British) you would either need to have had private health insurance or Belgian EHIC or registered with the HO as student. If this is not the case, you will not have PR.
Is the other parent EEA national?
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

yousuf2015

Post by yousuf2015 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:05 pm

Thank you Jambo and LilyLalilu.
The other parent is non-EEA. And in my case, I have got Registration Certificate 8 years ago as I'm EEA national; but I never applied for ILR.
So from your reply, I understand that I can apply for my newborn baby Britisg Passport, what will I need to send along with his application form for British Passport; please send me the list of documents needed with the passport.
Once again, thanks for your reply and I really feel good now. God bless you all..

yousuf2015

Post by yousuf2015 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:30 pm

LilyLalilu,
First of all, thanks for your good advise. I have completed the on line form for the Passport Application Form, and will apply for my baby Passport ASAP.
Just a quick question, at the moment; I have got Blue Registration Certificate dated Jan 2007. It's been more then 8 years since I'm in the UK. But I don't have any PR, because I never applied for PR. I studied for 5 years in UK by exercising my treaty right, then I did jobs at different places for 2 years and since 7 months I'm self employed.
Please advise what documents I should submit with the Passport application form for my baby?
I really appreciate your time. God bless you..

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:10 pm

As a student for those 5 years did you apply for a residence card base on being student? If yes then it is ok to apply for baby passport. If NO did you have a private health insurance or EHIC while being student? Did you apply for the blue certificate you have as a student or a worker? If you applied as a student then it is ok, if you applied as a worker, then did you work for 5 continuous years since 2006 before starting study?
GOD BLESS!!!

yousuf2015

Post by yousuf2015 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:31 am

Yes, while I was a student from 2006 to 2011; I was having the Blue Card called Registration Certificate for EEA national. I studied in Govt College and University and exercised my treaty rights during study.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:00 am

Jambo wrote:Your main issue would be your student years. For them to counted for PR (which is needed for the child be British) you would either need to have had private health insurance or Belgian EHIC or registered with the HO as student. If this is not the case, you will not have PR.
Is the other parent EEA national?
So, did you have CSI?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

yousuf2015

Post by yousuf2015 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:33 am

Hi Vinny, No don't have CSI.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:08 am

yousuf2015 wrote:Hi Vinny, No don't have CSI.
How can you say you have acquires PR?

Unless the transitional provision applied to you.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

yousuf2015

Post by yousuf2015 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:25 am

Hi Obie, I don't have PR. If you check my previous post, I said, I've the Blue Registration Certificate, issued to me in January 2007; while I came to UK from Belgium in June 2006.
Now I have got a baby boy and I want his passport, what would be the procedure? Because someone told me that EEA national automatically acquire PR after 5 years stay in UK; I'm in UK since 8 years, or more than 8 years now. Please guide me what documents I need to submit with my baby bopy British Passport application??

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:05 am

yousuf2015 wrote:Because someone told me that EEA national automatically acquire PR after 5 years stay in UK;
What someone told you is not entirely accurate as even though you have been in the UK for 8 years, did you exercise treaty right for 5 continuous years?. i understand that you said you have done so as a student, but as asked by everyone did you while being a student applied for a residence card on the basis that you are a student. The reason this question is asked is that you may have had aquired the blue certificate as a worker. if you then move on as a student without having work for 5 continuous years you should have applied for CSI for the 5 years as student, because the only way for you in this situation to have exercise treaty right as student for those 5 years will be for you to have CSI.
GOD BLESS!!!

yousuf2015

Post by yousuf2015 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:41 am

Dear Fatimahh, thanks for the detailed reply. Now I got it, I remember that I got the Blue Registration card as a student because I was studying that time.
Fatimah, please let me know the list of documents need to be submitted with my child Passport application form? Like my passport, bills, my degree etc. Thanks in advance

yousuf2015

Post by yousuf2015 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:49 pm

Hello,

Please anyone let me know the list of documents need to be submitted with my child British Passport application form? Just to refresh;
1. I'm an EEA National in UK since 2006
2. got the Blue 6 page Registration Certificate in Jan 2007 and then studied for 5 years continues.
3. my child born in Jan 2015.
4. My husband is non-EEA.

Please anyone let me know the list of documents need to be submitted with my child British Passport application form?

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:23 pm

Sorry Youssuf as i am not very familiar with docs requested to prove that one obtained PR as a student, i cannot say more than the basic. My advice will be to post your thread in the British Citizenship section of the forum you may have people with same experience who could give you better advise... Good luck
GOD BLESS!!!

yousuf2015

British passport for child born to EEA mother in UK

Post by yousuf2015 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:43 pm

Hello,

Please anyone let me know the list of documents need to be submitted with my child British Passport application form? Here is the basic info
2. got the Blue 6 page Registration Certificate in Jan 2007 and then studied for 5 years continues.

Please anyone let me know the list of documents need to be submitted with my child British Passport application form?

yousuf2015

British passport for child born to Belgian in UK

Post by yousuf2015 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:02 am

Good Morning,

I hope you all are well. I'm an EEA National (Belgian) exercising treaty rights in UK since 2006. God has blessed me with a baby boy last month Jan 2015. I want to apply for my baby British passport. Please advise me the procedure and the form used for applying for British Passport for baby born in UK. Here is the basic info
2. got the Blue 6 page Registration Certificate in Jan 2007 and then studied for 5 years continues and living since here in UK.

Kind regards

yousuf2015

Applying for British Passport for my child

Post by yousuf2015 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:12 pm

Hello,

I hope you all are well. I'm trying since many days, but couldn't find answer to my question. I need your advise please.

I'm an EEA National (Belgian) exercising treaty rights in UK since 2006. God has blessed me with a baby boy last month Jan 2015. I want to apply for my baby British passport. Here is the basic info.
2. I got the Blue 6 page Registration Certificate in Jan 2007.
3. Studied in UK from 2006 till 2011 and then from 2012-2014 did job on onn/off basis. And in Mid 2014 statred my own work as self employed.
3. My child born in Jan 2015.

Please advise me the list of documents need to be submitted with my child British Passport application form?

Thank you.

vinny

Re: British passport for child born to Belgian in UK

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:19 pm

A problem is that is student is required to have CSIC in order to exercise treaty rights (4(1)(d)(ii)).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: British passport for child born to Belgian in UK

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:54 am

vinny wrote:A problem is that is student is required to have CSIC in order to exercise treaty rights (4(1)(d)(ii)).
Unless (based on Annex B) you held a Registration Certificate as a student prior to June 2011.

If you are certain you apply for Registration Certificate as a student, then you would be exempt from CSI.

What you will need to apply for a passport for the child is to prove you obtain PR status before the birth in the UK. To do that:
* Letter from the education institution confirming your studies.
* Your Registration Certificate based as a student.

I would add a letter explaining your case to the examiner (that you have obtained PR after student years and you are exempt from CSI as per the Home Office policy because you registered as a student). The passport examiners are not expert in EEA Regulations and this one is quite unusual so they will need to consult an expert.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)