ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Visa - company take over

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HarMall
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Visa - company take over

Post by HarMall » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:10 pm

Hi,

I am working in org-A with Tier 2 General Visa and the restricted CoS is mapped with org-A.
Org-B has now taken over org-A and the acquisition will be completed in next few months. Do they have to request new CoS for me in the name of Org-B during acquisition OR the CoS will be automatically transferred to new employer (org-B) along with acquisition process?

Thanks in advance.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 2 General Visa - company take over

Post by ravisb_2014 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:05 pm

You will come under TUPE.
Refer to Section 13 (Mergers, takeovers and similar changes) in the guidelines below.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf

HarMall
Newly Registered

Post by HarMall » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:21 am

Hi ravisb,

Thanks for your help.

imm_applicant
Newly Registered

Post by imm_applicant » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:44 pm

Hi guys

I've got a similar situation but need your assistance on this. I'm working with Company A and they are sponsoring me for Tier 2 General Visa at the moment. Company A has been acquired by Company B and my current employer (i.e. Company A) is saying that, from 1st August, all employees will be transferring over to Company B as per the TUPE process. We are told that after the TUPE consultation, all visas would be transferred to Company B. This would be probably after the employees have been transferred to Company B, i.e. after 1st August.

My question is that: Would there be any issue if I'm on holidays and out of the country for few weeks in July and return to the UK after 1st August (i.e. the date of transfer from Company A to Company B). As I would still be on Company A's visa and not Company B's visa when I'm returning back to the UK after 1st August. Would this be of any issue with the Uk Border Agency?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks