ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Aplying for ILR and PR at the same time?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ishjon

Aplying for ILR and PR at the same time?

Post by Ishjon » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:58 am

Dear member, once again thanks to all helpfull people on this forum. I have a question again:), and would be greatful if anyone could give me an advice. I came to the UK in August 2005 as a student, then got married to my eu wife and now on EEA2, i will be elegible for PR under eu route in december 2015 however will i be eligible for ILR based on long residence in August 2015 and is it possible to apply for both of them. i.e apply for ilr in August 2015 then also submit an application for EEA PR in December 2015? This question sounds a bit weird but it would be nice to hear youu opinions on this as im willing to go with anything that will make the process of getting settled faster regardless of application fees.

Once again thanks to all for any advice

maxmelion

Re: Aplying for ILR and PR at the same time?

Post by maxmelion » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:51 am

How will u send two passport same time ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:04 am

With just a 4 month difference, going for the EEA PR seems to be a no-brainer.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ishjon

Post by Ishjon » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:36 am

Thanks for all of your reply. I have two pasports, my old one still valid and because there was new biometric passport i also got that. Now I don't know wether i can apply for both eea pr and ilr? And ofcourse Vinny is right four months difference is not huge but still it would be nice to know if you can submit two application at once from legal point of view.

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:06 pm

If you submit the ILR in August, and provided you meet the requirements in August, then you will receive ILR before December giving the Turn around Time. However if you apply for confirmation of PR, it may not arrive until sometime in 2016, although you may still be able to apply for naturalisation in Dec 2016, whatever the outcome or even earlier.

I think the logic is not all that redundant.

However, it makes no sense to apply for ILR and PR.

That one is what I find a no brainer, as both confer similar rights.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ishjon

Post by Ishjon » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:16 pm

Thank you Obie for your advice. The reason why i want to apply for ilr too is because it will on a card not a sticker in passport as in PR case, im required to return my old passport upon expiry therefore i would have to reaaply to get that confirmation again on my new passport if i get the PR. Thats why i wanted to apply for ilr and also for PR in order not to lose to much time while waiting for decission on ilr and also in case ilr is rejected. Thats why i needed to know if it was legal to apply for PR while application for ilr is pending?
Thanks alot

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:31 pm

Just wonder how come you have 2 valid passports at the same time?
I might be wrong but no country will issue a new passport without stamping the other as cancelled !!

Ishjon

Post by Ishjon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:45 pm

Hi SouthWest1, yes I know what you mean but in my situation i can use both. One is what they call old passport the otherone new biometric passport and i have been told that both of them valid as i asked if my old one was no valid anymore as i needed to transfer my eea2 to new one but the government officials told me that both my passports will be valid until the old one expires.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:54 am

SouthWest1 wrote:Just wonder how come you have 2 valid passports at the same time?
I might be wrong but no country will issue a new passport without stamping the other as cancelled !!
Not entirely correct. Several countries (including the UK) would issue you an additional passport in certain circumstances.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:57 am

Ishjon wrote:Thank you Obie for your advice. The reason why i want to apply for ilr too is because it will on a card not a sticker in passport as in PR case, im required to return my old passport upon expiry therefore i would have to reaaply to get that confirmation again on my new passport if i get the PR. Thats why i wanted to apply for ilr and also for PR in order not to lose to much time while waiting for decission on ilr and also in case ilr is rejected. Thats why i needed to know if it was legal to apply for PR while application for ilr is pending?
Thanks alot
Legal Yes. Waste of money (applying for ILR) - probably yes as well. You can apply for PR and ask for you passport back. In that case, the sticker will be issued on a piece of paper so you can return your passport upon expiry. Save the money and do better things with it.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)