ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about viber and skype... Plz help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Musa

Question about viber and skype... Plz help

Post by Musa » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:01 am

hello .

we (me and wife) used to chat and talk on viber and skype. Now to apply for spouse visa i will provide screen shots of viber and skype chat and calls.. we used English alphabets but it was Urdu language..

Question is: should i provide English translation of these chat history? if not, how do they know what we are talking about in chating??

Kind Regards

Musa

Re: Question about viber and skype... Plz help

Post by Musa » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:15 pm

Any one help please !!!

Regards.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:57 pm

As far as I understand any translation to English from other language documents do require to be notarised/certified. If you have daily records for the many months, any attempt to translate these would be cumbersome and to what extent it will be considered is a unknown from ECO's view point.

Doesn't these chat/call records show names/numbers which link to both of yourselves?

The evidence should show that the relationship is genuine, sustaining, continual and there is bond, amongst others. Its the frequency, duration, quality of chat/call records between husband and wife will cumulatively determine the genuineness of the relationship to certain extent. IMHO, if you can show clear evidence which shows your numbers/names etc and link, that should be more than enough.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:22 pm

My wife chats mostly in urdu on whatsapp, sometimes in english as well.. I just printed all the chat log and submitted it.

Chat log only showed our names, not mobile numbers, because her name was saved in my phone.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

Musa

Post by Musa » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:49 am

Thanks Mauser1905 and i.need.help.

That was really helpfull.

Regards.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:19 am

Musa,

Please do update this thread with your application decision in regards to the original query, it will be appreciated if anybody on similar lines looking for answers.

Good luck.

Musa

Post by Musa » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:50 am

No problem Mauser1905.. I will update Inshallah..

Regards.