ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points Based Calculator for Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

the_seeker

Points Based Calculator for Citizenship

Post by the_seeker » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:52 am

Hi,
I have seen many posts suggesting to provide printout of point based calculator.

This is also mentioned in the AN Guide (but not on AN application itself)
[i]Your original degree certificate and one of the following:
1. A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English[/i]

But when I go to the points based calculator link, there are only 4 options in first page - which Tier are you applying under - 1/2/4/5. There isn't anything for Citizenship.

When you select random and go further, the options are narrowing down as per the Tier selected. Is this normal - my application will be for Citizenship, though.

the_seeker

Re: Points Based Calculator for Citizenship

Post by the_seeker » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:18 pm

When I went all the way through, I got this result.

English language Your points
English Skills 10
Total (10 points required) 10

As this is for spouse, I selected CoS as NO - which resulted in the total assessment giving the result - "You do not appear to have enough points to apply for permission to stay in the UK (known as 'leave to remain') under the skilled worker category of tier 2."

gmanjunath
Newly Registered

Re: Points Based Calculator for Citizenship

Post by gmanjunath » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:24 am

Hello,

Even I am planning to apply for citizenship and I can only 4 options as mentioned earlier in the post.

Has anyone else come across this situation and solution for this issue, please do let us know.

thanks
Manju