ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Father got Visa refused - family visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mramay

Father got Visa refused - family visa

Post by mramay » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:21 am

Dear All,

I am holding ILR and got it fom Tier 1 (General) in January 2015. I am doing very good job in research which is highly payable. I sponsored my mum last year she is retired teacher and she got visa and left the country before leave was expired. This year I sponsored my dad as my kids really want to spend quality time with him. He is retired civil servant and his age is 62 years. The ECO put the following objections:

1. From where he got 5 lac in his account
2. We are not sure if you will come back to Pakistan after your stay.

Now for for the first reason he already go handsome amount in his bank. My married sister took loan in past (from my mum account) which she returned and he deposited in bank (with the consent of mum of course). He already have statement of 7 lac excluding these 5 lac I don't see why they objected. I didn't mentioned this reason of lac in his case shall I mention this in appeal.

For second reason as I mentioned in my cover letter as well he has his Wife and my other siblings in pakistan. He has social links which he really value he can't leave these for UK. I don't know what else they need. He attached his pension documents and prove that he has sufficient income to live in Pakistan without depending on my mum's pension.

We didn't mention that he has house in his name and plots as well. Do you think it's worth mentioning that? We thought bank statement should be enough to show sufficient funds as required in application.

Please help.He has been given right of appeal.

Many Thanks in Advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Father got Visa refused - family visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:26 am

An appeal can take months and is very limited. It will be quicker to make a fresh application and address the issues raised.

Of course you should include the property details. You can submit all relevant proof to show he will return and he will need to explain the bank statement funds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mramay

Post by mramay » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:29 am

But don't they question that your previous visa refused what, why and why we didn't appeal.
CR001 wrote:An appeal can take months and is very limited. It will be quicker to make a fresh application and address the issues raised.

Of course you should include the property details. You can submit all relevant proof to show he will return and he will need to explain the bank statement funds.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:30 am

#1. You already explained but believe this was not clarified to the ECO. He is retired so he has pension and may be other investment income coming in, so if its not matching against what is in the account then it will definitely raise eyebrows. For you it is understood however ECO may not understand the source reasoning etc.
#2. You have to figure what documentation shortfall you had between your failed and successful applications. Your cover letter stating your father's ties to his place may not satisfy ECO's doubts. Was your mother travel, visa etc mentioned in your cover letter?

If I were you I would reapply fresh instead of appeal as mentioned by CR001. With clarifications and additional good strong evidential documents from your father.

mramay

Post by mramay » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:09 pm

I didn't mention my mother's visa and travel in my sponsor letter. But I did mention in the conversation with lady who called me for confirmation.

There is no other income coming intO the bank. Only pension which was clearly described in earning explanation table. I haven't missed any document which I attach with my mother' s case. In fact everything is exactly same as they retired back to back in one year. My dad's pension much more handsome than my mum. That's why I was quite surprised with the decision. Any other thoughta on the documents.

mramay

Post by mramay » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:54 am

Thanks for all of your help I am now applying fresh application I hope this will go okay this time. Is effidavit is sufficiant evidence for British embassy to show that money returned which was lend from father? Will they ask when it was lend (bank statement) it was lend almost 2 years ago. Why it was lend and bank account statement of my sister to show that its now given back? Do I actually need to attach all these things or one affidavit is enough.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:01 pm

mramay wrote:Dear All,

Thanks for your help and support. I am now applying fresh application for my father. I am attaching extra documents which were the cause of objection in last refusal here http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... l#p1155795.

Previous Objections were:
1. 5 Lac deposited into account from where they came?
2. Not sure if he will come back to Pakistan.

Please can you guide that these are ok.

Father's Documents:
Additional:
1. Registry of house and plots
2. An affidavit stating that 5 lac was lent to my sister and she returned it now with her and father's signatures on affidavit.
3. Birth certificate and marriage certificate of my sister to show she is my father's daughter.

Previous Documents:
1. Retirement Notification proving years of service and rank
2. Pension Book
3. 6 months Bank statement in which pension is received
4. Passport
5. Photographs
6. Father's Earning Explanation Chart (for last 6 months)

My Documents:
1. Sponsorship Letter (which is also mentioning that my mother visited last year and she left before the expiry of leave)
2. Salary Slips
3. Salary Account Bank Statement
4. Saving Account Bank Statement
5. Birth Certificate (to show that he is my father)
6. Passport
7. BRP Card (to prove my settled status)
8. Earning Explanation Chart (for last 6 months)
9. Letter from HR confirming that I am employee on XXX post with XXX salary
You guys are brilliant and enormous help always.

Many Thanks in Advance

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:52 pm

mramay wrote:Thanks for all of your help I am now applying fresh application I hope this will go okay this time. Is effidavit is sufficiant evidence for British embassy to show that money returned which was lend from father? Will they ask when it was lend (bank statement) it was lend almost 2 years ago. Why it was lend and bank account statement of my sister to show that its now given back? Do I actually need to attach all these things or one affidavit is enough.
IMHO affidavit may not be required. A cover letter from your father clarifying and explaining all the refusal points should suffice.

Showing your mother's travel history to the UK and return was important, it may help this time. Your father can add this to his cover letter.

There may be question raised in the mind of ECO, why not both parents travelling same time. IMHO if your father were to answer this in his cover letter why she went earlier on her own and why does he want to go on his own etc. Why wouldn't she like to join him this time etc. These detailed explanation may help clearing the refusal point 2 to certain extent.

Also how long since father has seen grand children? Please mention those minute details.

How about providing any more documentation if any in regards to father's ties to local place, e.g. active membership/involvement in any society, charity, social, health clubs. These may show his routine ties at his place and that he genuinely wants to visit and then return back home.

mramay

Post by mramay » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:56 am

Thanks for your reply really great help. I wasn't thinking on these lines. My father is very active in society but there are no documentations as everything is verbally. He is picture shy so never been in news and pictures. He is although registered homeo doctor and practicing his clinic that's why he wanted short visit this spring. But he is doing private practice for very few hours in evening and there is nothing going in bank because of that. Is that worth mentioning that? Will they ask for bank statement for that income? the amount is very low as he is doing it on welfare basis so his fees is nill. Is that mentioning in cover letter sufficient. He is also paying fees for my brother who is 20 years old and doing CA. That's why my mum and dad are travelling alone not together to support his studies. Is this sufficient? This is massive help. Many Thanks
Mauser1905 wrote:
mramay wrote:Thanks for all of your help I am now applying fresh application I hope this will go okay this time. Is effidavit is sufficiant evidence for British embassy to show that money returned which was lend from father? Will they ask when it was lend (bank statement) it was lend almost 2 years ago. Why it was lend and bank account statement of my sister to show that its now given back? Do I actually need to attach all these things or one affidavit is enough.
IMHO affidavit may not be required. A cover letter from your father clarifying and explaining all the refusal points should suffice.

Showing your mother's travel history to the UK and return was important, it may help this time. Your father can add this to his cover letter.

There may be question raised in the mind of ECO, why not both parents travelling same time. IMHO if your father were to answer this in his cover letter why she went earlier on her own and why does he want to go on his own etc. Why wouldn't she like to join him this time etc. These detailed explanation may help clearing the refusal point 2 to certain extent.

Also how long since father has seen grand children? Please mention those minute details.

How about providing any more documentation if any in regards to father's ties to local place, e.g. active membership/involvement in any society, charity, social, health clubs. These may show his routine ties at his place and that he genuinely wants to visit and then return back home.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:50 am

mramay wrote:Thanks for your reply really great help. I wasn't thinking on these lines. My father is very active in society but there are no documentations as everything is verbally. He is picture shy so never been in news and pictures. He is although registered homeo doctor and practicing his clinic that's why he wanted short visit this spring. But he is doing private practice for very few hours in evening and there is nothing going in bank because of that. Is that worth mentioning that? Will they ask for bank statement for that income? the amount is very low as he is doing it on welfare basis so his fees is nill. Is that mentioning in cover letter sufficient. He is also paying fees for my brother who is 20 years old and doing CA. That's why my mum and dad are travelling alone not together to support his studies. Is this sufficient? This is massive help. Many Thanks
Yes please do mention the facts in the cover letter of your father. If he is doing the part time private practice on charitable basis then the clients not necessarily paying by means on bank account transfer. So he can always state the ties to his local community by doing charitable work for the community. The Homeopathy Doctor registration certificate, practice registration details etc would all help to build the case for him. Even if you think it was a insignificant work or business, in cover lettetr it helps to build the case stronger.

20 year old is an adult in views of an UK ECO. However it would looks odd IMHO (only my view) that a 20 year old needs adult supervision so parents can not travel together. Perhaps as you already stated to support his studies without any undue distraction if he were to look after family elderly dependents, business etc. Just needs appropriate wording as long as its genuine.

If there are elderly grandparents who need looking after then please do state that also. These are all strong valid explanations for strengthening credibility and intentions.

mramay

Post by mramay » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:02 am

Thank you very much. We don't have our grand parents alive so that point ill be missing :(

I have written something abruptly I will reword it later. but in India and Pakitan parents actually take responsibility of their children until they start earning something. But you are right in the point of view of developed nation this is quite weird. I have written following so far:

My father lives with his son and wife whom he is much attached. He is fulfilling the responsibility of their living. He is paying education cost for my brother who is doing CA (chartered accountancy). They fully support and care for him. He has strong intention to return to them after his visit to the UK. He is only intending to come for short period of time because of his commitments back at home. My father is retired from public office as a section officer. He is also a registered homoeopathic doctor and running registered clinic in Lahore. He is doing that as part of welfare as his own fee is nill.

My mum also visited last year and left UK before leave was expired. My daughters enjoyed her stay here very much and they loved their grandparents. My father could not come last year as they believe that one parent should be at home with my brother to support his education and to take care of his needs so that he can concentrate on education. My parents brought all of us on the same principle. Because of their love to education we are all now settled in life very well with high education. My both parents are also educated and spent their whole life serving public offices. My brother is also unmarried and before marriage in Pakistan parents always take responsibility of their children until they will settle down in their life and start earning something. This is their perception and majority of parents in Pakistan feel in the same way. That’s the reason why my father is visiting alone this time without my mum. My kids felt devastated after hearing that he might not come as his visa got refuse. They have plans to do things with my father and we planned lots of activities like swimming, visiting national parks, safari parks, etc. This will give chance to them to have strong binding with their grandfather.

Mauser1905 wrote:
mramay wrote:Thanks for your reply really great help. I wasn't thinking on these lines. My father is very active in society but there are no documentations as everything is verbally. He is picture shy so never been in news and pictures. He is although registered homeo doctor and practicing his clinic that's why he wanted short visit this spring. But he is doing private practice for very few hours in evening and there is nothing going in bank because of that. Is that worth mentioning that? Will they ask for bank statement for that income? the amount is very low as he is doing it on welfare basis so his fees is nill. Is that mentioning in cover letter sufficient. He is also paying fees for my brother who is 20 years old and doing CA. That's why my mum and dad are travelling alone not together to support his studies. Is this sufficient? This is massive help. Many Thanks
Yes please do mention the facts in the cover letter of your father. If he is doing the part time private practice on charitable basis then the clients not necessarily paying by means on bank account transfer. So he can always state the ties to his local community by doing charitable work for the community. The Homeopathy Doctor registration certificate, practice registration details etc would all help to build the case for him. Even if you think it was a insignificant work or business, in cover lettetr it helps to build the case stronger.

20 year old is an adult in views of an UK ECO. However it would looks odd IMHO (only my view) that a 20 year old needs adult supervision so parents can not travel together. Perhaps as you already stated to support his studies without any undue distraction if he were to look after family elderly dependents, business etc. Just needs appropriate wording as long as its genuine.

If there are elderly grandparents who need looking after then please do state that also. These are all strong valid explanations for strengthening credibility and intentions.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:16 am

mramay,

Glad you are getting on with the documentation.

I perfectly understand the cultural traditions as you mentioned as I have no qualms with it. You have explained the same in your cover draft. Similar explanations should be drafted from applicant also. At the end of the day its applicant who has to explain the reasons etc. Also when submitting application, your final letter to ECO, please do add visa numbers, valid and expiry dates, immigration stamps photocopy from your mothers passport etc to back up what you said in your letter.

could also write why your father wont be willing to stay here in the UK for long, weather, lifestyle, home attachment back in home country, wife, young educating son, daily settled routine etc. ECO would like to see this information coming from applicant's evidence.

mramay

Post by mramay » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:18 pm

Thanks for the points and hopeful reply. I have also asked my father to include all these points which was not worth mentioning to us previously. Does he need to include the copy of refusal letter as well this time with application.

Another question in addition to above. In the previous application form he did not mention my brother as child dependant. Shall he mention him now as child dependant? He is not a child but dependant totally confused what to do.

Thanks a lot
Mauser1905 wrote:mramay,

Glad you are getting on with the documentation.

I perfectly understand the cultural traditions as you mentioned as I have no qualms with it. You have explained the same in your cover draft. Similar explanations should be drafted from applicant also. At the end of the day its applicant who has to explain the reasons etc. Also when submitting application, your final letter to ECO, please do add visa numbers, valid and expiry dates, immigration stamps photocopy from your mothers passport etc to back up what you said in your letter.

could also write why your father wont be willing to stay here in the UK for long, weather, lifestyle, home attachment back in home country, wife, young educating son, daily settled routine etc. ECO would like to see this information coming from applicant's evidence.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:33 pm

mramay wrote:Thanks for the points and hopeful reply. I have also asked my father to include all these points which was not worth mentioning to us previously. Does he need to include the copy of refusal letter as well this time with application.

Another question in addition to above. In the previous application form he did not mention my brother as child dependant. Shall he mention him now as child dependant? He is not a child but dependant totally confused what to do.

Thanks a lot
May be useful to include a copy of the refusal letter, obviously you would be referring to this when offering explanation in your cover letters.

He is not a child dependent from the application filling perspective, IMHO. If I were you I would not change this input from previous application. Your both the cover letter would be explanatory in regards to supporting him in his studies etc.

mramay

Post by mramay » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:15 am

Mauser1905,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am now confident he is submitting his case next week hopefully. I will let you know about the result.

Enormous Thanks

mramay

Post by mramay » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:18 pm

My father got visa stamped. So its good to answer all the objections in your second application.

Thanks All for you help and support

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Thanks for letting us know. Appreciated.

Congrats on the success and have good time with your family.
regards.