ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 or EEA(PR)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kenc

EEA4 or EEA(PR)

Post by kenc » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:06 pm

Has anybody have experience of or know someone who has applied for EEA4/EEA(PR) - after EEA2, by letter rather then by the relevant form?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA4 or EEA(PR)

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:01 pm

Sometimes it's better to be smart than right. The form is not legally required but on other hand the legal requirement is for to issue it within 6 months. I would try to make it easier for the HO. Just fill in the relevant section in the new form.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

mus2014
Newly Registered

Post by mus2014 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:59 am

New form is confusing just apply by letter and send all support documents.
UKBA won't refuse your application unless is on public policy or security policy

kenc

Post by kenc » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:26 pm

I find the new form extremely intrusive and in some cases very silly. What quango dreamed up this document?
Section 11 asks if my wife has met me, her sponsor. We were married more than 10 years ago in UK and all such evidence was provided when we entered UK on a Family Visit Permit 5 years ago.
Already being in possession of EEA2 residence permit all that should now be required for PR to be issued, is proof that we have lived together in UK for 5 years.

I strongle object to Section 11 c asking about children.
Yes, I do have children. They are in their mid and late 40's so what do the dozens of questions relating to them have to do with a PR application for my wife? Maybe name and dob ok but passport details, addresses, languages spoken, and the other 17 questions relating to them? HO cannot be serious. Why do they need such in depth detail? Yes, the document does ask for details of the children of the sponsor but no way do they need to know all that information.

Question 11.23 asks when did we decide to marry. Who can actually answer that question when they met 19 years ago and getting married 10 years ago in UK? Lots of other silly questions asking what language we speak to each other etc.

Finally, what I see as a very silly question:
11.27 Were you and your sponsor both present at the ceremony? Please tick:
The final option is:
Neither I nor my sponsor was present at the ceremony.

How can one have a ceremony with neither party present?
Answers on the back of a postage stamp please.

I plan to apply by letter. I will provide a comprehensive covering letter along with all documents to support our life together in UK for the past 5 years.

I welcome everyones comments.

mus2014
Newly Registered

Post by mus2014 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:10 pm

Application forms
An application form, EEA3, is available for use when an EEA national applies for a document certifying permanent residence.
An application form, EEA4, is available for use when a non-EEA national family member of an EEA national applies for a permanent residence card.
In contrast to the policy governing applications made under the Immigration Rules an application cannot be rejected because the form has not been used or has not been fully completed.