ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Entrepurner/Switching from 50K(NQF 4 ski to 200K route

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Atif786
Member of Standing

Tier1 Entrepurner/Switching from 50K(NQF 4 ski to 200K route

Post by Atif786 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi guys,
i would like to start this new topic as i have been coming across a lot of Tier 1 entrepreneur 50 K route visa holders those who want to switch to 200k route so that they are not restricted to run a skilled business which is equivalent to NQF level 4 as they are struggling to make profit through such kind of business especially after the new policies where an IT technician can not take a contract with any company or even trough consultance as it would be considered as employment which could leave to visa refusal or curtailment , we also understand that there is work around to it and language of a contract can be tailored in way which looks like like contract of services not contract for services, however still there is a grey area and eventually it's at the discretion of caseworker how it looks at it.
i am also in the same situation and any kind of advise and suggestions are welcome and highly appreciable.
so the question arises
1) i have got the visa in April 2014 ( 50 K PSW route), can i go ahead and change the nature of business which may not be skilled to NQF 4 however i am ready to invest 200k ?
2) if yes, do we need to inform UKBA that i'll be investing 200k as find more opportunities in other businesses for eg ( import and export).
what would be the appropriate approach.
Thanks & Regards
Atif