ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

France schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

taribo

France schengen visa

Post by taribo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Hi guys

I applied for a france tourist visa yesterday through TLScontact.
So my application was transferred to the consulate this morning,
And was expecting it to be processed in the next 4 or 5 working
Days.surprisingly my TLScontact account now says my application
Has been processed and is being sent back to TLScontact ..
I can't help but think it's a refusal,only a refusal is so quick..
Has anyone had a similar experience?application processed
The same day?does that mean it will be a refusal?
I am now pretty nervous
Can any forum member shed some light on this?

Donutz

Re: France schengen visa

Post by Donutz » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:15 pm

Applicatio processing time says little about denial or refusal, though you might wish to get worried after 15 calendar days: the processing time for a complete application that raises no question is max 15 days. You could be lucky and be ontop of a batch of applications and get it back within 24h, or they might be a bit more occupied and it might take a few days more. Your application simply must have been straighforward. If this will be a visa approval or denial is impossible to say.

Also be adviced that TLS and other external service partners (most embassies use VFS) are entirely optional, all applicants have the right of direct access, entirely avoiding the serivce partner and service costs. Embassies should make this right of direct access clear to all applicants. Assuming the French do a proper job (they do not always do...), you might already be aware but just telling you incase you are not aware and might wish to make use of direct access in future applications. If an appointmentsystem is in place one should be granted within 2 weeks of the request, after the application is made they have 15 calender fays to decide, which might be extended to 30 days or 60 days incase documents are missing or further review is needed by the national authorities of the embassy involved.

taribo

Post by taribo » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:29 am

Thanx for your reply mate.
I feel a lot more relaxed now.

taribo

Post by taribo » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:52 pm

-some update-

I got my passport back today with a 30 days french schengen visa in it.
-my british resident permit expires in 4months..but they didn't make
A fuss about it :D
-my insurance only cover me for 3 days in the schengen area,that didn't
Bother them either(I applied for a 3 days tourist visa though).
I did include my kids passports(british) and birth certificate +marriage
Cert in my documents.
So,Donutz,thanx again ,everything happened just as u said.
Hope next time they'll give me a longer visa :D
(This is my second french visa,they only gave me 4days on the
First one,3years ago)

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:00 pm

Hello Taribo

Just a quick question. Your visa was valid for 30 days or that's the number of days you can spend in? I applied and hope for a 3 months validity, like you my resident permit expires in 5 months and my holiday is in June. Fingers crossed.

taribo

Post by taribo » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:57 pm

IJOS wrote:Hello Taribo

Just a quick question. Your visa was valid for 30 days or that's the number of days you can spend in? I applied and hope for a 3 months validity, like you my resident permit expires in 5 months and my holiday is in June. Fingers crossed.
Yes,I believe 30 days is the number of days I can spend in the schengen area,with multiple
Entries.as for your case,I doubt they will give you a 3 months visa,if as you said,your uk
Residence permit expires in 5 months.i believe 2 months is the maximum they can give
You.the general rule for uk schengen visa applications is that"You can only apply if you still have a minimum of 3 MONTHS on your British residence permit from the day you return to the United Kingdom".
That's probably why,with 4 months remaining on my brp,they "only" gave me a 30 days visa.
Then,I am NO expert of course :D

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:22 pm

Taribo

You are probably right. I got my visa today just valid for a week. What a bunch of clowns. I was hoping to get a longer one to use for both holidays April and June.. Going to have to cancel the cruise holiday in June. Good thing I hv not paid in full.

taribo

Post by taribo » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:36 am

IJOS wrote:Taribo

You are probably right. I got my visa today just valid for a week. What a bunch of clowns. I was hoping to get a longer one to use for both holidays April and June.. Going to have to cancel the cruise holiday in June. Good thing I hv not paid in full.
I understand your disappointment.with your new brp you will be able to secure
A longer schengen visa there's no doubt about it.at the end of the day,their job
Is to assess any illegal immigration risk when dealing with applications.and they
Are generally of the view that applicants with 4-3 months left on their residence
Permits present a potential risk .

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:48 am

@Taribo
Thanks for your kind words. I would have thought these visas got processed by human beings and not robots. Considering I'm married to a British citizen and travelling together. Surely I won't abscond without my spouse lol.

On the bright side that's 4k not spent on a cruise back in the bank lol

And like you said,they were doing their jobs.....or so they though :)

Cheers