ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consultant - does it really help to have one?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

annyk
Newly Registered

Consultant - does it really help to have one?

Post by annyk » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:31 pm

After going thru all reference material on HSMP, process appears quite straight forward. Besides, this board is always there for overall assistance.

So does one really need consultant to apply for HSMP and later EC?
Consultant is may be required for job search though.

Inputs appreciated!!

tks,
Anny

chicku

Re: Consultant - does it really help to have one?

Post by chicku » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:28 pm

Never ever ever go for consultant. They are no good for handling simple cases, let alone a complicated one. I myself have been victim. They first scare you and then talk very sweet making tall promises which they hardly deliver.

So big NO to consultant. If you get any questions, put them here on this forum. This forum has all kinds of letter formats and everything that you need. Off course it cannot provide you the luck which even the consultant cannot.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:39 pm

chicku

I am sorry about your experience of using consultant. But not all consultant like that. It is recommended to use OISIC consultant.

The consultant might help you to check you documents, how to resenet your case so it could be easily undertood by the caseworkers.

chicku wrote:Never ever ever go for consultant. They are no good for handling simple cases, let alone a complicated one. I myself have been victim. They first scare you and then talk very sweet making tall promises which they hardly deliver.

So big NO to consultant. If you get any questions, put them here on this forum. This forum has all kinds of letter formats and everything that you need. Off course it cannot provide you the luck which even the consultant cannot.
Pantaiema

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:30 pm

pantaiema wrote:chicku

I am sorry about your experience of using consultant. But not all consultant like that. It is recommended to use OISIC consultant.

The consultant might help you to check you documents, how to resenet your case so it could be easily undertood by the caseworkers.

chicku wrote:Never ever ever go for consultant. They are no good for handling simple cases, let alone a complicated one. I myself have been victim. They first scare you and then talk very sweet making tall promises which they hardly deliver.

Yeh agree not all are bad, i think if your not sure and really confused about your documentation then you might wanna use one.
Magsi

chicku

Post by chicku » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:39 pm

I had used a very well known consulant and also OISC registered but they cheated me. And this is not just my experience, but I have heared from several others as well.

Of course there are some good, but there is no guarantee that one can locate the good one. Even the most prestigious ones are more eagre to make money than help the consultant.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:47 pm

I think there are good apples and bad apples.
Just look at your job, some people are awesome workers and some are just slobs. You just have to ask some questions and feel them out.
Ask the basic stuff, see how they answer you. Is it in a way that explains to you the information so you can understand. It is also important if they fit your personality. Do they reassure in actions, performance or just words ( amounting to hot air)? If you don't get the sense that they will do a better job than you would yourself, then obviously don't use them. even tell them, you don't find what they are doing is so different than youwould do. They are providing a service, make them show you what you are getting for your money. Plain and simple.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:06 pm

I did not use a consultant for my application or extension, but I think it would be worth considering if your applications is complex for some reason or if you are rejected first time you apply. A friend of mine has been working through a composite company and went with their visa service as well to make sure all his documents were right. The ones he thought he needed were different from what they actually sent. The consultants do seem to need followup sometimes though - it took them 4 weeks to lodge his application. I think the decision comes down to how good you are with paying attention to detail and being organised, and how complex your situation is. For PAYE there is no reason to use a consultant.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:21 pm

chicku

Again I am sorry to hear that you have been cheated. But if you feel and you have been cheated then report it to their organisation OISC with all evidence you have.

chicku wrote:I had used a very well known consulant and also OISC registered but they cheated me. And this is not just my experience, but I have heared from several others as well.

Of course there are some good, but there is no guarantee that one can locate the good one. Even the most prestigious ones are more eagre to make money than help the consultant.
Pantaiema