ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mavdi

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by mavdi » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:49 am

GrandBang wrote:No of applicants: 1 Adult
Eligibility Criteria : 5 yrs + 2.5 yr ILR
Language criteria : Life in the UK + IELTS
Method of application: NCS Hammersmith and Fulham
Date of application: 12/12/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 19/12/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 19/12/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 22/12/2014
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

DOES ANY ONE KNOW PLEASE WHETHER DECEMBER APPLICATIONS ARE PROCESSED MORE SLOWLY THAN OTHERS ?
I CAN SEE THAT ALMOST ALL JAN AND FEB APPLICATION ARE PROCESSED VERY PROMPTLY.
QUITE UNFAIR, STRESSFULL. OVERALL, YOU CAN NOT PLAN WITH SUCH UNCERTAINTY
I know what you're going through. I've seen a couple of Augusts and September ones just got their results. Chances are your application is in the backlog, I'm sure they are going through them.

Hang in there, it will be worth it in the end.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:29 pm

DOES ANY ONE KNOW PLEASE WHETHER DECEMBER APPLICATIONS ARE PROCESSED MORE SLOWLY THAN OTHERS ?

Hi, The average time is 3 to 4 months. Dont stress too much. You should be getting yours within a month time as it has been already 3 months.

Minz25
Newly Registered

Post by Minz25 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:37 pm

it is very uncertain and random. Some people who applied in december got theirs within a month and i think anyone who has applied this year has already got theirs. Must be a huge backlog since people are waiting from last summer but i think they have had to wait the longest since some still havent got theirs yet. Seen a few people who applied in december who have had theirs sooner rather than later. Don't worry it will arrive. I think u can travel upto 90 days out of the country whilst the application is being processed if you havent already.

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:34 am

Minz25 wrote:

it is very uncertain and random. Some people who applied in december got theirs within a month and i think anyone who has applied this year has already got theirs. Must be a huge backlog since people are waiting from last summer but i think they have had to wait the longest since some still havent got theirs yet. Seen a few people who applied in december who have had theirs sooner rather than later. Don't worry it will arrive. I think u can travel upto 90 days out of the country whilst the application is being processed if you havent already.
If they've already applied, surely the 90 days out of country rule doesn't apply anymore. All that residency requirement is just to prove they've been based in the UK prior to the citizenship application. The FORM AN even says 'prior to date of application'. Anything after the application date shouldn't matter.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:08 am

Applied on 03/12/14 still waiting. So guys just wait, don't be anxious. Wait is never easy but the upside is going to be positive.

Just because ours is taking long doesn't mean there is an issue, it just means that due to some extra checks that got in place last year, some of applications will take longer. They are sampling some applications to scrutinize a bit more than the others to show to the government that UKBA is the best organisation :D

Hang in there :?

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:16 am

I applied on 10/10/14 and still waiting.
God knows how long it will be as i am into the 6th month of wait..

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:38 am

Hi guys,

HO received my application on the 4th of March and fees taken on 9th but I haven't received that acknowledgment e-mail. Is there anything to worry about or is it normal?

bestshow

Post by bestshow » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:58 am

bestshow wrote:
bestshow wrote:
bestshow wrote:No of applicants: 1 Adult
Eligibility Criteria : 3 years Marriage with BC including (11 months ILR)
Language criteria : Life in the UK test + B1
Method of application: Postal
Current Nationality: Egyptian
Date of application: 26.02.2015
Date of receipt by UKVI: 27.02.2015 special delivery recorded
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of acknowledgment: 04.03.2015 received 11.03.2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 04.03.2015
Date approval received: xx
Date of ceremony: xx
Just want to ask, is that normal to send a survey sheet with the acknowledgement letter to tell them about my experience? I have not received the approval yet, to tell them about my experience : |
British Citizen

mavdi

Post by mavdi » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:07 am

ironmaiden wrote:Hi guys,

HO received my application on the 4th of March and fees taken on 9th but I haven't received that acknowledgment e-mail. Is there anything to worry about or is it normal?
No need to worry about it. Fees taken means you have a case worker. Check your spam, otherwise wait for the post. Mine only arrived through post a week after fees were taken.

PAK321

Post by PAK321 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:03 pm

I requested home office for my documents they share with we some frequently asked questions, the people who still waiting for acknowledgment letters please read below

POST APPLICATION QUERIES

Will receipt of my application be acknowledged?

You should receive an acknowledgement within six weeks. If you have not received an acknowledgement within eight weeks please email us at: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk giving your full name date of birth and address.

How long will it take for my application to be decided?

We aim to conclude 100% of applications within six months of receipt. If you applied more than six months ago, you can check the progress of your application by calling our Contact Centre on 0300 123 2253 or by emailing us at: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

PAK321

Post by PAK321 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:13 pm

waitwaitwait wrote:I applied on 10/10/14 and still waiting.
God knows how long it will be as i am into the 6th month of wait..
hi,
My suggestion is, Stop thinking about it and do your normal routine work. I applied by post 17th Dec and in Feb i had enough and asked them to send my documents back which i received very fast " with in week" . i stop thinking about it and doing my normal routine work. I have seen people here going out of country and when they come back they found brown letter at their door. so dont worry it will come sooner or later.

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:19 pm

mavdi wrote:

No need to worry about it. Fees taken means you have a case worker. Check your spam, otherwise wait for the post. Mine only arrived through post a week after fees were taken.
Thanks very much for the response mavdi. I have checked spam folders too but there's nothing. I was just worried about if there's no caseworker assigned to it yet but feel better after reading your response :)

Poya11

Post by Poya11 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:48 pm

boone wrote:Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5 years Ancestral plus 1 year 2 months ILR
Method of application: NCS (Hampshire)
Current nationality: South African
Date of receipt by UKBA: 15/05/2014
Date of debit of fees: 18/05/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 16/05/2014
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting

I applied for naturalisation which was received on the 16/05/2014 and my query relates to the amount of time taken to process an application. I had a driving conviction back in 2008 which is spent but declared this on the application form. Would this delay the application? It has also been 16 weeks and advised it can take 2 to 6 month for an answer, is this right? Little concerned as I have not heard anything, any help relating to this would be appreciated.
Hi there nothing you can do all u have to do just wait and don't call them I am in same situation

Res
Mood:
Romania

Post by Res » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:44 pm

mavdi wrote:

I'm in the same situation. They took the money on 26/02 and no e-mail or letter.

aumar

Post by aumar » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:17 pm

Today mark 6 months to be exact since the HO received my application( according to the acknowledgement letter) and I called them to find out the status. Same old story, different day! Only this time operator felt obliged to give me a story of external checks that it must have gone for external checks and bla bla. I'm sick of it honestly and in the heat of a moment I sent a request to my MP asking for a follow up.

I hope I haven't made a mistake to offend the Highly egoistic HO by emailing my MP.

Anyone out there from September or before?

L'hotel
Newly Registered

Post by L'hotel » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:19 pm

I call the council and they said they have not recieved my Certifacate. The home Office do have my new address I think... As everythime I have called them they asked me to confirm my address and I did.

I found this website and it is called https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/ it is to complain about goverment bodies etc. I have not used it for UKBA but for other bodies and it really work.

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:01 pm

aumar wrote:Today mark 6 months to be exact since the HO received my application( according to the acknowledgement letter) and I called them to find out the status. Same old story, different day! Only this time operator felt obliged to give me a story of external checks that it must have gone for external checks and bla bla. I'm sick of it honestly and in the heat of a moment I sent a request to my MP asking for a follow up.

I hope I haven't made a mistake to offend the Highly egoistic HO by emailing my MP.

Anyone out there from September or before?
I applied in first week of july. Since then no news yet. So we should just keep waiting, it will come soon or later.

km77pk
Newly Registered

Post by km77pk » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi All,

My case scenario.

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5 yrs + ILR
Method of application: NCS (Bracknell)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14th Jan 2015
Date of debit of fees: 20th Jan 2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 24th Jan 2015
Date of receipt of approval: 11th March 2015

Thanks God and Thanks to all for help during these years.

Best of luck.

aumar

Post by aumar » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Received email reply following my query that I need to wait another 3-6 months for decision and even that is not certain.

How on earth this is fair?

Any idea how long will it take. Has anyone with this timeline received a decision lately? Does this mean that I shouldn't expect anything in next 3 months? So many questions and so many thoughts curropting my mind at the moment. The email I received seem a standard reply with every para in a different font and name and dates in different colour. Are they for serious? They can't even draft a professional email for heaven sake. May be I'm ranting too much. Huh

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:58 pm

aumar wrote:Received email reply following my query that I need to wait another 3-6 months for decision and even that is not certain.

How on earth this is fair?

Any idea how long will it take. Has anyone with this timeline received a decision lately? Does this mean that I shouldn't expect anything in next 3 months? So many questions and so many thoughts curropting my mind at the moment. The email I received seem a standard reply with every para in a different font and name and dates in different colour. Are they for serious? They can't even draft a professional email for heaven sake. May be I'm ranting too much. Huh
Im waiting for over 8 months now. Recieved that 3-6 months letter 6th of feb like many others did. I think few people recieved their approval after that but most of them still waiting.

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:58 pm

km77pk wrote:Hi All,

My case scenario.

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5 yrs + ILR
Method of application: NCS (Bracknell)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14th Jan 2015
Date of debit of fees: 20th Jan 2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 24th Jan 2015
Date of receipt of approval: 11th March 2015

Thanks God and Thanks to all for help during these years.

Best of luck.
Wow that took quite some time. Almost 2 months. 5 Years + ILR sounds straightforward.

Kronos362
Newly Registered

Post by Kronos362 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:08 pm

Finally got a reply through my MP. Happy days after many long months of waiting, phoning and engaging my MP.

Application date 15th July 2014
Approval date: 11th March 2015

Correspondence below. Good luck all and keep posting

Dear Mr XXXXX,

Further to enquiries I have made on your behalf, I have received the below response.

I am very pleased to inform you that, subject to final checks, your application for citizenship has been improved.

As ever, please do not hesitate to get back in touch if I can be of any other assistance as your MP.

Kind regards,

Lynne Featherstone MP
Liberal Democrat Member of Parliament for Hornsey and Wood Green

Keep in touch with Lynne online: blog - www.lynnefeatherstone.org / Twitter - http://twitter.com/lfeatherstone / Facebook - www.facebook.com/lynne.featherstone
/ Instagram - http://instagram.com/lynnefeatherstonemp

Whilst your MP will treat as confidential any personal information which you pass on, she will allow authorised staff to see the information if this is needed to help and advise you and may pass all or some of this information to agencies such as the DSS, Inland Revenue or the local council if this is necessary to help your case. She may wish to write to you from time to time to keep you informed or related issues that you may find of interest. Please let her know if you do not wish to be contacted in this way.

P Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Rt Hon Lynne Featherstone MP
Lynne.featherstone.2nd@parliament.uk

12 March 2015

CTS Reference: XXXXXXX
HO Reference: XXXXXXX
Your Reference: XXXXXXX

Dear Ms Featherstone

Thank you for your email correspondence of 16 February on behalf of Mr XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, about his application for British citizenship.

Mr XXXXX’s application was received on 15 July 2014. I apologise for the delay in concluding Mr XXXXX’s application. I can confirm that his application for British citizenship was approved on 11 March 2015. We wrote to Mr XXXXX’s representative, 1st Contact Visas, explaining that a further letter will be sent explaining the actions Mr XXXXX needs to take in order to receive his British citizenship certificate.

Yours sincerely

Mrs J Sajeev
Assistant Director
Customer Service Operations

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) This email has been certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.
UK Parliament Disclaimer: This e-mail is confidential to the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying is not permitted. This e-mail has been checked for viruses, but no liability is accepted for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:44 pm

People r paying £906 for each naturalisation application and in the famous 11 DEC report of Mr John Vine, it states that HO expenses on one application including everthing r only £147. still they are not sending acknowledgement letters, not picking up phones, not giving actual/proper updates on the applications even after 6 months, not sending decisions by atleast 1st class mail.

If there is a backlog then HO should be dealing with applications which r first in the que, not just jumping the que and start processing new applications and leaving the backlog as it is Or atleast give a proper information why this uncertainity and randomness is happening why some applications r still waiting to be assigned to a caseworker even after 6 months and some r approved in 3 weeks time.

Their way of working is not making any sense here.

The best way is raise this issue one the proper platform.

Shadow Home Secretary is Yvette Cooper from labour

her contact deails are mentioned on her website.

http://www.yvettecooper.com/contact_yvette

I recomend all of you to please drop her an email regarding this high uncertainity and randomness of HO.

OR

If one of the members here can draft the email and we all can sign it and send it as a joint email to the shadow home secretary then it will definitely make a difference otherwise 1 or 2 emails wont make any difference.

I know atleast 15 people who r facing the same uncertainity and they r not on this forum. I am more than happy to request them to sign the email too.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:07 pm

Hi there,
I am one of them who were waiting for decision more than 13 month waiting. Every time I received reply just under consideration I don't know when they completing checks. 13 month is not enough for them that is why. Even some MP were helpful but not all.
Babe khyber

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:40 pm

babe_khyber wrote:Hi there,
I am one of them who were waiting for decision more than 13 month waiting. Every time I received reply just under consideration I don't know when they completing checks. 13 month is not enough for them that is why. Even some MP were helpful but not all.
Babe khyber

lets draft an email and post it on the group so people can use the same email and send it by just changing their names.
would anyone help who is good in writing an official email and suggesting the facts???