ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Documents Check

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chrissys
Newly Registered

ILR Documents Check

Post by chrissys » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:07 pm

I am new to this forum and its time for my ILR application.I booked appointment for next week in Solihull office but I am little clarification about documents to take with me.

So far I prepared following documents. NO dependants in my application.

* Passport & BRP
* Payment sheet & Appointment confirmation
* Complete Set O form
* Two photographs
* 12 Months Bank Statements
* 2 Months Pay Slip stamped by current employer + 10 months from previous employer
* P60 for last 5 years
* Life in the UK test certificate
* IELTS test certificate previously used for Tier 2 application
* Letter from employer stating SOC code, sponsorship, salary and requirement in job.
* Personal statement explaining absence dates from UK over 5 years

PHOTOCOPIES for all the above docs

Kindly check if I am missing any document. I am concerned since I noticed many applicants submitted documents for SECTION 5, HOME & FINANCES. As I don't have a tenancy agreement in my name, council tax document or any utility bills.
Please advise.

chrissys
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Documents Check

Post by chrissys » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:19 pm

Please someone look into my query.

pranav.vaidya

Post by pranav.vaidya » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:03 pm

Hi,

If you don't have tenancy agreement, utility bill etc. in your name, how do you plan to prove you've been living in the UK for last 5 years. Yes, you can say you worked here, you've payslips etc.

If you don't have an utility bill in your name or council tax, HO might think you've been using some benefits.

May be you can speak to your bank, they might be able to give a reference that you've been banking with them for xx years and your address in their record is xxxx.

I don't know how are you living currently (sharing/with friends etc.) the current owner might be able give a consent letter.

I'd suggest call HO and ask what evidence you can give in this situation. And could be very expensive, find a good immigration solicitor.

All the best.

King_tier1

Post by King_tier1 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Your documents list seems quite GOOD. Are you applying SOLE or with any dependents ? If there is dependents accommodation and co-habilitation documents are must, seniors please confirm.
Why people suddenly suggesting immigration solicitor?? :shock:
You don't need one for every straightforward application.

chrissys
Newly Registered

Post by chrissys » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:14 pm

Please some members clarify, How many months of bank statement and salary slips required for ILR on Tier 2 G

chrissys
Newly Registered

Post by chrissys » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:11 pm

pranav.vaidya wrote:Hi,

If you don't have tenancy agreement, utility bill etc. in your name, how do you plan to prove you've been living in the UK for last 5 years. Yes, you can say you worked here, you've payslips etc.

If you don't have an utility bill in your name or council tax, HO might think you've been using some benefits.

May be you can speak to your bank, they might be able to give a reference that you've been banking with them for xx years and your address in their record is xxxx.

I don't know how are you living currently (sharing/with friends etc.) the current owner might be able give a consent letter.

I'd suggest call HO and ask what evidence you can give in this situation. And could be very expensive, find a good immigration solicitor.

All the best.

*** UPDATE***
ILR granted this morning @Solihull PEO. Please see my message above for documents required. NONE of my additional documents were asked ! So if you are applying without any dependants 'COUNCIL TAX, TENANCY DOCUMENTS' not necessary.

Please avoid any immigration solicitors if your case seems straight forward, I think many live in this forum.