ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Job

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DieselD

Changing Job

Post by DieselD » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:26 am

I was on a 2 year FLR and applied in March 2015 for ILR. I came in on a fiancé visa and married in the UK. My spouse earns 100 K per annum and therefore qualify on her earnings. I also work and have been offered a job with more money. I Haven't accepted the job as I'm now don't have proof that I'm allowed to work in the UK. If I give copies of my last biometric resident permit its expired.

What proof can I give to a new employer that I'm allowed to work in the UK pending the outcome of my ILR decision. Also would it complicate matters since my new employer would be contacting UKBA to verify my status.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

pranav.vaidya

Re: Changing Job

Post by pranav.vaidya » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi,

If you are awaiting decision from HO then your entry clearance status is considered the same that you used to enter the UK or the one which you had when applied, the most recent. If you've over stayed then it is even a different case.

Also, the employer might refuse to offer you the job. Ideally it is the employer's responsibility to ensure their employees have necessary visa that allows them to carry specified work in the employment contract.

All the best.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing Job

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:17 pm

Your employer could use this link to check your status and eligibility. As mentioned above, your existing visa status continues until a decision about your ILR is made.

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
Also would it complicate matters since my new employer would be contacting UKBA to verify my status.
No it won't, but that doesn't mean the employer will do it or offer you the job.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.