ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

navodwickra

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation for wife

Post by navodwickra » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:15 am

bipsan wrote:Hi Every one..

I need an advice for applying for my wife AN for naturalisation.

At Present I had done my AN for naturalisation on Jan 2015 (Tier1 5 years Plus 1 year ILR ) and British Passport done Feb 2015

My wife had ILR since August 2014 as my dependent.

She arrived in this country as my Tier1 dependent in April 2012.

with this regards when she ll be eligible AN for naturalisation?

Expert advices please.

thanks
bipsan
Since you are a british citizen now she can apply after April 2015.

sakir001
Newly Registered

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by sakir001 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:28 pm

hi everyone i'm currently completing the AN form and need some help completing it.
i came to the uk in 1993 as a kid

1) in section 1.22 i have passed the life in the UK test so i just put the number there. But i took GCSE's (English, maths, science etc) in the UK so i am not sure what box to tick for the next part and would i need to send my GCSE English certificate as proof?

2) i live in temporary house at the moment and may have to move soon,so when i post the AN naturalization application i may move whilst the application is processing (since it takes 6 months) can i possibly have the naturalization certificate and my documents be posted to my brother's address who's house is permanent and different to mine? this would make things a lot simpler for me.
if not who would i notify and how would i notify them? is there a phone number?

3)regarding the fee payment slip what do i put/ write HO ref box? ((file name online master fees leaflet Apr 2014 pdf) this is what i am looking)

4) Is there a number to call to have the application and the fee payment slip and all the corresponding parts that help fill it out, be sent out to me. or do i have to print it out myself. i called number they said i have to print it myself . but i remember when my brother did it few years ago they sent him the application and all the parts to it. Currently i am finding bits and pieces online(is there a or several links that will show me all the corresponding parts to the AN naturalization application, including fees and fee payments slips/methods.

thank you very much

Jaeger
Mood:

Post by Jaeger » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:46 pm

sakir001 wrote:hi everyone i'm currently completing the AN form and need some help completing it.
i came to the uk in 1993 as a kid

1) in section 1.22 i have passed the life in the UK test so i just put the number there. But i took GCSE's (English, maths, science etc) in the UK so i am not sure what box to tick for the next part and would i need to send my GCSE English certificate as proof?

4) Is there a number to call to have the application and the fee payment slip and all the corresponding parts that help fill it out, be sent out to me. or do i have to print it out myself. i called number they said i have to print it myself . but i remember when my brother did it few years ago they sent him the application and all the parts to it. Currently i am finding bits and pieces online(is there a or several links that will show me all the corresponding parts to the AN naturalization application, including fees and fee payments slips/methods.

thank you very much
1. GCSEs/A Levels etc are not going to cut it. You have a couple of options. B1 test or a degree (bachelor or master) from UK or taught in English overseas. More information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/english-language
4. HO doesn't send paper applications since 2010. Have a look here: https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... w-to-apply Print out payment slip from fees leaflet.

Bwishes
Newly Registered

Post by Bwishes » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:47 pm

Hi everyone I'm on the middle of completing the an form but I have some question if anyone could kindly help me it will much appreciated.
I'm applying as EEA citizen exercising treaty rights without PR card.

on question 1.17 says to provide your addresses for the past 5 years.
because I'm applying without PR card should I put the last 6 our last 5 will be enough ?

on the question 3.5 the tax office reference where can I find that on my P60?

thank you in advance for your help .

naeemshahzad
Newly Registered

Post by naeemshahzad » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:56 pm

Dear friends.
can any one please let me know where to do marriage cerificate transalation from urdu to english.
many thanks.

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:58 pm

naeemshahzad wrote:Dear friends.
can any one please let me know where to do marriage cerificate transalation from urdu to english.
many thanks.
Google it and you'll find plenty. They are usually local.

Bwishes
Newly Registered

Post by Bwishes » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Bwishes wrote:Hi everyone I'm on the middle of completing the an form but I have some question if anyone could kindly help me it will much appreciated.
I'm applying as EEA citizen exercising treaty rights without PR card.

on question 1.17 says to provide your addresses for the past 5 years.
because I'm applying without PR card should I put the last 6 our last 5 will be enough ?

on the question 3.5 the tax office reference where can I find that on my P60? :|

thank you in advance for your help .
Can anyone help me please . Thanks in advance .

rajvet

Post by rajvet » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:54 pm

hi all
I got ILR in april2014 than i went pakistan where i got sick and had been on bed for five months and after recovery i came back to UK so total of 6 months I was out of UK I have the medical certificate with me , just wanted to ask when can I apply for naturalization in april or in aug-sept
thanks

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:16 pm

rajvet wrote:hi all
I got ILR in april2014 than i went pakistan where i got sick and had been on bed for five months and after recovery i came back to UK so total of 6 months I was out of UK I have the medical certificate with me , just wanted to ask when can I apply for naturalization in april or in aug-sept
thanks
Its safe to wait till you have no more than 90 days of absence in last 12 months.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:25 pm

For more than 90 days of absences you will have to apply for discretion. If you have more than 180 days of absences in the final tear you application will be rejected.
I am sometimes wrong.

ik_aam_insaan

Post by ik_aam_insaan » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:25 pm

hi

I am part-time employed and self employed at the same time ..what should I write in the section 3 of the application form AN..
should i just write the employment details will that be enough or should i write both ...please advise

thanks
Date of App: 07/04/2015
Date of Receipt by UKVI: 08/04/2015
Date of Fees taken: 29/04/2015
Date of Acknowledgment: 07/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Received and Done: 07/05/2015
Date of Approval: 21/09/2015 received ( 23/05/2015)
Date of Ceremony:

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:45 pm

I think you can write employed and provide tax reference number.
I am sometimes wrong.

azizkap21
inactive

Post by azizkap21 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:27 pm

I am going to apply for Naturalization I want to know
1. What option should I select in English language requirement section as I am having below proof:
i. Masters Degree which was taught in english
ii. PBS printout which shows 10 points for my degree qualification

2. Do I need a letter from employer for my absense from UK as paid holiday?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:28 pm

2. No
I am sometimes wrong.

azizkap21
inactive

Post by azizkap21 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:33 pm

Thanks milan for reply but could you please also advise on point 1. Is that enough proof to satisfy english language requirement and what option should I select in the application form?

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:05 pm

azizkap21 wrote:Thanks milan for reply but could you please also advise on point 1. Is that enough proof to satisfy english language requirement and what option should I select in the application form?
If it's a UK degree then just the degree.
If it's not UK degree then BPS printout as well.
If degree is not on PBS calculator, you need to obtain UK NARIC SOC.

azizkap21
inactive

Post by azizkap21 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:33 pm

Thanks A Khurshid,

I have passed my Masters degree from India and its on PBS calculator. It is showing 10 points. So there is no need to obtain UK NARIC SOC then?
Also could you please confirm that in section 1.22 Can I select below option as proof of English Knowledge?

I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:56 pm

azizkap21 wrote:Thanks A Khurshid,

I have passed my Masters degree from India and its on PBS calculator. It is showing 10 points. So there is no need to obtain UK NARIC SOC then?
Also could you please confirm that in section 1.22 Can I select below option as proof of English Knowledge?

I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013
If you had applied for ILR after 28th of Oct 2013 then you have already met the KoLL requirements so you can tick that box.

pennylessinindia

Home office Number

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:44 pm

If no previous application has made to HO what number if any can you put on the form, no idea what the UKBA number was .
pennyless

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Home office Number

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:33 am

pennylessinindia wrote:If no previous application has made to HO what number if any can you put on the form, no idea what the UKBA number was .
You can leave this blank.

livehappy
Newly Registered

Post by livehappy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:06 am

Hello,

I am writing to ask for advice on when I should apply for naturalization. let me explain my situation.

September 2003: I came to the UK on a student visa and completed my studied to PhD.
February 2009 - Got my Spouse visa.
August 2011 - Obtained my Indefinite Leave to Remain.
September 2011- went to work on a 2 years contract in Dubai.
June 2012 to August 2012 - I spent the summer holiday in the UK.
November 2012 - Spent 10 days in the UK when my son was born.
June 2013 - Contract ended in Dubai. Came back for good to the UK.
September 2013 to date: Working full time since September 2013 in a university in the UK. ( did not leave the country since)

My question is when I can apply for naturalization as I am a bit confused. I read somewhere that I need to be here for two years before applying which means I need to wait until June 2015. I read somewhere else that I need to be here in the last year prior to applying (275 days- 90 days allowed outside the country).
Also I want to know if I need to retake the Life in the UK test again as I have done the test when I applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

I don't want to apply and get rejected thus I was still waiting. can anyone please advise.
Thanks for your help all and sorry for my long message.

flon
Newly Registered

Post by flon » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:24 pm

I need some clarification on filling up new form AN march2015.

Section 1.26
awarding body:
title of qualification:
level of qualification:
award reference number:
If I have ielts test with score of 7 bands how should I fill this section. I appreciate help as there is no matching things on the ielts test report form.

section 7.1 Full name in Block capitals :
Is the full name shold be written with format OTHER NAMES(1.6) -SURNAME (AS IN 1.5) - or the other way around.

section 6.5 place of issue of Biometric Residence Permit : What should I write as on BRP it says UK and date
Please give me advise on the above issue to fill in proper format.

section 1.31 Mother's full name and maiden name.
Is this I have to write full name of mother as per the passport is okay

thanks
Flon

flon
Newly Registered

Post by flon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:19 pm

I need some clarification on filling up new form AN march2015.

Section 1.26
awarding body:
title of qualification:
level of qualification:
award reference number:
If I have ielts test with score of 7 bands how should I fill this section. I appreciate help as there is no matching things on the ielts test report form.

section 7.1 Full name in Block capitals :
Is the full name shold be written with format OTHER NAMES(1.6) -SURNAME (AS IN 1.5) - or the other way around.

section 6.5 place of issue of Biometric Residence Permit : What should I write as on BRP it says UK and date
Please give me advise on the above issue to fill in proper format.

section 1.31 Mother's full name and maiden name.
Is this I have to write full name of mother as per the passport is okay

thanks
Flon

Suzannah
Newly Registered

Post by Suzannah » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:53 pm

I called NCS today to make appointment and found out there is new form now :cry: I am trying to get my head around it now as well.

Section 1.31 - I don't have my mother's name in passport I took details from her national ID
I used her Other Names current Surname and in brackets her maiden name

Section 1.26 - I have similar situation - IELTS with 7.5 score
I've put
awarding body: CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH
title of qualification: IELTS
level of qualification: 7.5
award reference number: Test Report Form Number (although it is longer than provided space)

I don't have slightles idea if it's correct or not....

Section 7.1
I wrote OTHER NAMES SURNAME

Section 6.5 - no idea - never had BRP

I am not sure if I have helped you at all sorry, if there is anyone who know for sure and clarify I would be very grateful

thanks

JPWD
Newly Registered

Post by JPWD » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:50 pm

Dear All,

I am due for Naturalisation in Jun 2015.

I struggled a lot to get the employer's letter last year for my ILR (Jun 2014) which was a mandatory requirement.
I am Indian citizen.

I have gone through Form AN ( Mar version) and I see only below in the doc which refers to employer's letter and that too in a "OR" condition.

My question: Do we need a concurrence /letter from employer in any form for naturalization?

"SECTION 3 Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married or in civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application: required for applications made on the basis of residence in the United Kingdom: required for all applicants
• Your passports Or
• Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating presence in UK"

Thanks,
JP