ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Get passport delivered to a different address?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

navodwickra

Get passport delivered to a different address?

Post by navodwickra » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:09 pm

Hi guys!
Is it possible to get the passport and other documents to get delivered to a different address because I won't be at home during day time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Get passport delivered to a different address?

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:14 pm

What have you applied for? Naturalisation or British Passport?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:14 pm

CR001 wrote:What have you applied for? Naturalisation or British Passport?
Sorry I wanted to know about the British Passport. The application doesn't have a location to specify a delivery address in case you are not able to get stuff delivered to your current address.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:24 pm

My passport and most peoples are just put through the post box, I didn't have to sign for it.

If you have not had your interview yet, you can ask the question then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:57 pm

CR001 wrote:My passport and most peoples are just put through the post box, I didn't have to sign for it.

If you have not had your interview yet, you can ask the question then.
Thank you very much. I haven't applied yet. I was filling the application form and saw the secure deliver option. So if I don't use it then they would just put it in my post box?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:02 pm

I paid for secure delivery and it was put in my post box. My daughters was too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:02 pm

CR001 wrote:I paid for secure delivery and it was put in my post box. My daughters was too.

Ha ha thanks CR001. I thought it meant someone has to sign it.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:44 pm

Sometimes you need to sign. Sometimes they just slip it in. Depends if the delivery man feels the letter box/house to be secure.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:18 am

Jambo wrote:Sometimes you need to sign. Sometimes they just slip it in. Depends if the delivery man feels the letter box/house to be secure.
I think it's secure because each and everyone has a locked mailbox. I'll give them a ring anyway before the interview and see what my options are.

jamesjames

Post by jamesjames » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:34 am

navodwickra wrote:
Jambo wrote:Sometimes you need to sign. Sometimes they just slip it in. Depends if the delivery man feels the letter box/house to be secure.
I think it's secure because each and everyone has a locked mailbox. I'll give them a ring anyway before the interview and see what my options are.
You have the option of asking them to deliver to a different address. The information booklet ( from post office passport application pack) says you should give reasons why you need your passport
to be delivered to a different address and also give the address. Hope this helps.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:31 am

jamesjames wrote:
navodwickra wrote:
You have the option of asking them to deliver to a different address. The information booklet ( from post office passport application pack) says you should give reasons why you need your passport
to be delivered to a different address and also give the address. Hope this helps.
Thanks for that, I have added a piece of paper explaining why I would need it to be delivered to a different address. The lady who checked my application at the PO stamped that paper and attached it with a paper clip.

arKas
Newly Registered

Post by arKas » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:55 am

Hi folks,

I made my application for passport recently and got some grief over wanting it delivered to my work address (as I am moving home soon). I had included a statement from myself about the delivery address as well as a letter from my employer (on letterhead) verifying my work address. Still, they decided to delay my passport application because they wanted me to sign their particular statement and mail it back to them (of course, this statement was sent to me by second class mail again... and to my home address!).

So, in case it helps someone else in the future, This is the wording from the letter they sent to me:
REF: __________

____________(Date of letter)

Dear Mr. ____ _____

RE: Passport application for Mr. ____ _____

Thank you for your recent passport application.

If you wish your passport to be delivered to an address which you do not reside at, please complete the declaration below, paying special attention to the reason for this request. We will not normally return your passport to an address that is different from your current residential address and so cannot guarantee that your request will be granted. Please note that you are also agreeing to accept liability for non-receipt if the passport is received and signed for at this address.

Please post my passport/documents to the following address:
This is because:
Signature:

When replying, please quote the above reference number and retain a note of this for your own records.

Please stick the attached label to the outside of your reply envelope. For more information on how long we take to process passport applications you may visit our web site http://www.gov.uk. Please retain this letter.

Yours sincerely

________
I like how I am supposed to complete the declaration and mail it back, but the last bit of the letter says "Please retain this letter." :)

Lesson learnt: Unless you really really need your documents/passport to be returned to a different address, don't do it! Or you'll just have to accept a delay in the processing...

gblue
Newly Registered

Post by gblue » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Hi arKas,
I received the same letter because I'm planning to move flats and asked a friend to receive my mail. Did you have any issues with the re-routing of your docs as a result?

I wish I hadn't bothered, but I guess it's too late now. I considered writing back to forget the request, but then was worried that this would confuse them even further. Any advice from your experience would be great thanks in advance!