ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mafikizolo
Newly Registered

Re: July 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by Mafikizolo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:18 am

Happy for you mate, I think it is high time I wrote to my Mp too and see what happens, I have been very patient not bothering them but it seems nothing is done if one just sits back and wait. Congratulations though.

quote="Kronos362"]Finally got a reply through my MP. Happy days after many long months of waiting, phoning and engaging my MP.

Application date 15th July 2014
Approval date: 11th March 2015

Correspondence below. Good luck all and keep posting

Dear Mr XXXXX,

Further to enquiries I have made on your behalf, I have received the below response.

I am very pleased to inform you that, subject to final checks, your application for citizenship has been improved.

As ever, please do not hesitate to get back in touch if I can be of any other assistance as your MP.

Kind regards,

Lynne Featherstone MP
Liberal Democrat Member of Parliament for Hornsey and Wood Green

Keep in touch with Lynne online: blog - http://www.lynnefeatherstone.org / Twitter - http://twitter.com/lfeatherstone / Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/lynne.featherstone
/ Instagram - http://instagram.com/lynnefeatherstonemp

Whilst your MP will treat as confidential any personal information which you pass on, she will allow authorised staff to see the information if this is needed to help and advise you and may pass all or some of this information to agencies such as the DSS, Inland Revenue or the local council if this is necessary to help your case. She may wish to write to you from time to time to keep you informed or related issues that you may find of interest. Please let her know if you do not wish to be contacted in this way.

P Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Rt Hon Lynne Featherstone MP
Lynne.featherstone.2nd@parliament.uk

12 March 2015

CTS Reference: XXXXXXX
HO Reference: XXXXXXX
Your Reference: XXXXXXX

Dear Ms Featherstone

Thank you for your email correspondence of 16 February on behalf of Mr XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, about his application for British citizenship.

Mr XXXXX’s application was received on 15 July 2014. I apologise for the delay in concluding Mr XXXXX’s application. I can confirm that his application for British citizenship was approved on 11 March 2015. We wrote to Mr XXXXX’s representative, 1st Contact Visas, explaining that a further letter will be sent explaining the actions Mr XXXXX needs to take in order to receive his British citizenship certificate.

Yours sincerely

Mrs J Sajeev
Assistant Director
Customer Service Operations

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) This email has been certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.
UK Parliament Disclaimer: This e-mail is confidential to the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying is not permitted. This e-mail has been checked for viruses, but no liability is accepted for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.[/quote]

Mafikizolo
Newly Registered

Post by Mafikizolo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:24 am

Finally the big brown envelope has arrived today. Application approved. I applied on the 1st of July 2014 , approved on the 10th March 2015 recieved on the 13th of March. To everyone still waiting, keep the faith and I have you in my thoughts. It has been lovely to read posts of encouragement from this timeline that kept me sane most of the times. And yes I also recieved the 3-6 month letter telling me to wait in February. If I could withdraw my email to my MP that I wrote at 2am lastnight asking him to intervene on my behalf, I could as now I have a decision. I sincerely know how it feels and I have everyone else waiting in my thoughts.

sq

Post by sq » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:30 am

Hi there, I am a silent reader.

Today i received a brown enveloped with approved naturalization.
Apllied july first week 2014. waited 8 months now, even I received a letter in February stating need to wait 3 to 6 months, but still i got a approved thanks every body for this forum.

sibel32
Newly Registered

Post by sibel32 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:29 pm

Hi all i waited exactly 7 months and finally got the brown envelope hope you will all get it soon i m over the moon and good luck to you all☺️

chrisonzen

Post by chrisonzen » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:57 pm

sibel32 wrote:Hi all i waited exactly 7 months and finally got the brown envelope hope you will all get it soon i m over the moon and good luck to you all☺️
Congratulations, hopefully I'm next ;)

ukraj007
Newly Registered

Post by ukraj007 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:10 am

Hey guys, it's not a surprise that not many applications have been approved since 01st July 2014.. There is only 94 case workers who deals with all the naturalisation application.. 77 case workers were moved to the passport office to sort out the backlog in 01st of July 2014 and they were only called back in September 2014.. So, it's gona be a long bumpy ride for the next months.. There's no scrutiny bullshit applies to the applications made before Dec 2014.. It's just the case workers picking and choosing the applications as and when they want.. So there's a 3 months worth of applications collecting dusts in Liverpool.. That's what the extra 3-6 month long wait letters all about.. Let's all hope for the best & wait for few more months.. If we're lucky, our applications might get picked up early.. Good luck to all.. Read the HO reply link which backs up my comments! https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... %20cpc.pdf

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:03 am

ukraj007 wrote:Hey guys, it's not a surprise that not many applications have been approved since 01st July 2014.. There is only 94 case workers who deals with all the naturalisation application.. 77 case workers were moved to the passport office to sort out the backlog in 01st of July 2014 and they were only called back in September 2014.. So, it's gona be a long bumpy ride for the next months.. There's no scrutiny bullshit applies to the applications made before Dec 2014.. It's just the case workers picking and choosing the applications as and when they want.. So there's a 3 months worth of applications collecting dusts in Liverpool.. That's what the extra 3-6 month long wait letters all about.. Let's all hope for the best & wait for few more months.. If we're lucky, our applications might get picked up early.. Good luck to all.. Read the HO reply link which backs up my comments! https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... %20cpc.pdf
So We were correct its just they r just picking n choosing application randomly and not giving us even proper updates. If there is a staff shortage then they should start processing application on first come first serve basis but HO is not doing that and all these letters stating 3-6 months and then this 11 DEC report, these r all lame excuses. guys we have to write a letter asap, I can feel the postive impact of the letter. it will put things in order or atleast HO will come up with some real facts.

chrispratt4uk
Newly Registered

Post by chrispratt4uk » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:46 am

Dear All,
I have been quietly following this blog since I applied and I was anxious to reply for many posts but I had difficulties to register on this website. However I have now managed to register through proxy server.
I posted my application through an agent on 31st July 2014 but as per Home office my date of application is 01st of August 2014.
It has been a very long wait and i'm not sure when this dream will come true .
Initially, I was so frustrated but later I understand there has been lot of work load at the case worker end because lot of naturalisation case workers have been transferred to passport office and most of them were returned only at the end of year 2014. Besides, I have also seen a document produced by an independent body in May 2014 complaining that "the Home office has been too good in processing naturalisation application and the customer service has been excellent unfortunately they are missing to tight the security and it seems they are not scrutinising the naturalisation applications thoroughly".
Mainly due to the above two reasons, Home office might have decided to put a hold on applications from June 2014 to express the reality in-addition to shortage of staffs to process the applications (transfer of staffs till end of year 2014). Once all the staffs were returned back to naturalisation department, they started kicking swiftly most of the application which was in front of them i.e January 2015 onwards and thats the reason you see most of the applications this year has been processed in a very short time-scale. In my opinion Home office understands that applications from May 2014 till November 2014 has been collecting dust for a long time and they might have agreed internally that they are covered by the complaint/review produced by independent body. So they consider all those applications as a backlog since most of the application has also passed the 6 months deadline. However they would have set a target that they had to clear all these backlog application in the next 3-6 months in addition to the current incoming application by juggling. This is one of the reason, most of the people who made an enquiry or a complaint earlier received the letter in February stating that their application process will take another 3-6 months which was sent out by Home office to cover their back. For your information, home office has been receiving around 7000 -8000 naturalisation application on an average for a month. Gradually, they completed processing almost 60-70% of the may 2014 and June 2014 applications this year and they also released the exact number as part of their FOI release. But the untouched and mainly affected applications are between July 2014 till October 2014 and they would have agreed to hold these statistical information and not to release as part of FOI. That is the reason you all would have noticed that the FOI release for July and August 2014 applications processed were less than 8% as recorded at september 2014 and they are hesitating to release those numbers as at today, however I believe they would have now randomly started picking these backlog applications and as a result you all would have noticed few approvals have started coming through for the applicants between July 2014 and October 2014 since Feb 2015. I hope they are gradually processing the backlogs and sending out the approval letters once in two weeks or in a bulk. I wish you all a good Luck and hope the approval letter knocks all your door soon.

I have also raised with Home office regarding Naturalisation Applications received in JULY 2014 and AUGUST 2014 as part of the Freedom of Information act and they are supposed to respond by 24th March 2015. We all would get a clear picture if they released the figures as at today. Please follow the below link for more details

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ons_rece_3

I have posted my application time line below for your reference.

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 1 Year ILR + 5 years Tier 1 General
Language Criteria: Masters degree in UK + Life in the UK Test
Method of application: Legal Agent (By post)
Application Form Type: FORM AN for naturalisation
Date of application: 31/07/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 01/08/2015
Date of debit of fees: 11/08/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Letter Dated 11/08/2015
Date of receipt of approval: Still Waiting .....................and its been a long wait.................
Date of Ceremony: Still Waiting .......................

I wish you all a good Luck and hope the approval letter knocks all your door soon.

Thanks

chrispratt4uk
Newly Registered

Post by chrispratt4uk » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:14 am

Dear All,
I have received a response today from Homeoffice with regards to the number of naturalisation applications processed for July 2014 and August 2014. It looks like lot of applications have been completed and only few more to go.
Please see below link for more details:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 034529.pdf

Thanks

jabajaw
Newly Registered

Post by jabajaw » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:24 pm

Finally! 229 Days later.

Applicants: Two - Wife & I
Eligibility criteria: 10 yrs residency including 5yr ILR
Language criteria met : NA
Current nationality: Australian
Method of application: Post
Council name if NCS used: N/A
Date of application: 31/07/14
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 01/08/14 (tracked it on royalmail)
Date of acknowledgment: 10/08/14 (Yes on a Sunday!)
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 14/08/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 10/08/14 (Yes on a Sunday!)
Date of approval: 11/03/2015
Date approval received: 18/03/2015
Date of ceremony: 08/04/2015

Goodluck All.

chrisonzen

Post by chrisonzen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:54 pm

5 days already I tried to call and ask why they don't return the documents I requested and still couldn't talk to anyone.
They just don't answer any calls anymore:(

alatrish
Newly Registered

Post by alatrish » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:51 pm

I called today I have been told still under consideration, but should not take long as its assigned to Case worker applied via NCS on 11th July 2014

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:27 pm

alatrish wrote:I called today I have been told still under consideration, but should not take long as its assigned to Case worker applied via NCS on 11th July 2014
After 7 months now assigned to a case worker. So what HO was doing in these 7 months on ur application? thats called a high standard service as HO mentioned in their CUSTOMER COMMITMENTS
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 140530.pdf

itstimefor
Newly Registered

Post by itstimefor » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:29 am

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (South Lanarkshire)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/07/2014
Date of debit of fees: 19/07/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Not received
Letter dated : 13/03/2015
Date of receipt of approval: 20/03/2015
Date of Ceremony: TBC

Good Luck to everyone else waiting.

mavis123
Newly Registered

Post by mavis123 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5yrs residency+ 1yr ILR
Language criteria met : B1 Test + Life in the UK Test
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Hammersmith & Fulham
Date of application: 29/7/14
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/8/14
Date of acknowledgment: letter dated 11/8/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 12/8/14
"3-6 month" letter received: 06/02/2015
Date approval received: 21/3/2015
Date on the letter: 17/3/2015
Date of ceremony:TBC

Babloo85

Post by Babloo85 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:24 pm

After almost 8 months, finally got my approval letter today. Wait is finish now Alhamdulillah. Thanks to every member here for their help n support and those who are waiting, they will get their letters soon for sure as I was the one who thought only lucky people getting their approvals but I finally got mine today. And yes I did receive 3/6 months letter last month. I'll move to ceremony n passport section now.

Eligibility criteria: 2 Years Spouce Visa + 5 Months ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): Life in the UK
Current nationality: Pakistan
Council name if NCS used: South Lanarkshire
Date of application: 22/07/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/07/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 13/08/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 08/08/2014
Date approval received: 23/03/2015 (Dated 16/03/2015)
Date of ceremony: 29/04/2015

Babloo85

Post by Babloo85 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:40 pm

itstimefor wrote:Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (South Lanarkshire)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/07/2014
Date of debit of fees: 19/07/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Not received
Letter dated : 13/03/2015
Date of receipt of approval: 20/03/2015
Date of Ceremony: TBC

Good Luck to everyone else waiting.
Hello. When is your ceremony and where ?

rachsach

Post by rachsach » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:10 pm

Guys, I have received my approval today :) Applied on 01-July-14, took almost 9 months for a decision. I wish good luck to all those who are still waiting for their decision.

chrisonzen

Post by chrisonzen » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:00 pm

Nice to see people getting approval.
Hopefully I'm next ;)

weeman1978

Post by weeman1978 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:10 pm

waiz89k wrote:
alatrish wrote:I called today I have been told still under consideration, but should not take long as its assigned to Case worker applied via NCS on 11th July 2014
After 7 months now assigned to a case worker. So what HO was doing in these 7 months on ur application? thats called a high standard service as HO mentioned in their CUSTOMER COMMITMENTS
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 140530.pdf
Exactly what I'm thinking mates, forget about 3rd party checks theres no such thing as that. the back log morethan 6 months applications are just sitting there collecting dust waiting to be allocated with available caseworker.

first2013

Post by first2013 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:54 pm

Hello everyone, here is a little update from me, non eea family member apply for nationalit 5+1year with all prove of working without a permanent residence in august 2014, so in February 2015 I receive a 3 to 6 months letter asking me to whait for another 3 to 6 months; after that I receive another letter again this morning asking for my original passport to be send to them as soon as possible, my question now is that has anyone else experience this before because I added all my passport page's fotocopes with my application ur suggestions will be highly appreciated Thanks
Journey of thousands of miles begins with a single step

alatrish
Newly Registered

Post by alatrish » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:27 pm

I have applied in july and sent a complaint on 26th Feb , Received below email Yesterday
Dear Mr XXXXX
Thank you for your email correspondence of 26 February, about your application for naturalisation as a British citizen, submitted on 14 July 2014.
I am sorry that it is taking longer than we would wish for your application to be processed and that you feel our service did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
As you may be aware, our service standard is that we will complete 100% of workable and straightforward cases within six months. The definition of a workable case, and what we expect from our customers, is available on our website at: http://www.gov.uk/government/organisati ... r-services. Where further information is required, the case will not be classed as workable, and may take longer to decide.
Naturalisation is not an entitlement and before granting British citizenship we must be satisfied that an applicant meets all statutory requirements. It is standard policy to undertake a number of enquiries before an application for naturalisation can be decided. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.
Furthermore, following recent clarification of the Nationality rules, greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain applications. This will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for naturalisation. Your case has been identified as such a case and it has not been possible to conclude it within six months.
We expect to make a decision on your application within the next three to six months, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible. Please note we will contact you with further updates and can advise that you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.
Please do not contact the UKVI Contact Centre regarding the progress of your case as they will not be able to provide any further information. This also applies to any family members whose applications for citizenship were submitted at the same time.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in deciding your application.
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may wish to seek a review in writing within one month from the date on this letter to the following address:
UKV&I Complaints Allocation Hub
Lunar House
Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Notjustok
Newly Registered

Post by Notjustok » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:08 am

Eligibility criteria: 5 years residency( Non EEA National, Spouse of EEA National )
Language criteria met: English at B1CEFR or Higher + Life in The UK Test
Council name: Hammersmith & Fulham
Date of application: 28/07/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 11/08/2014
Date of acknowledgment letter received: 14/08/2014 (dated 11/08/2014)
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

Update: I receive a letter today that says, Before we can proceed further please send all of the following Original documents to this office by 7th April 2015.
could you forward further evidence of your residency, this can be in the form of: council tax bill, bank statements, GP letter, P60's, wage slips etc all of which to be in ur name and for a continuous period of 5 years.

Pls is there anybody that receive this type of letter? if so, kindly give advice and next step after providing the documents to them.

Thanks

gaurjai

Post by gaurjai » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:57 am

Seems a good movement for July applications. Finally it happened for me also. Received my approval on 23rd March, letter dated 19th March. It was a great relief on Monday :-)

I am now waiting for council letter for ceremony invitation and then will schedule the ceremony.

Thanks for all the support. I wish good luck to all who are still waiting. Your day will come soon :-)

Cheers

timan
Newly Registered

Post by timan » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:58 am

I've been a silent observer of this forum since my application in July last year.

Thought I'd let everyone know, finally received my approval on 21st March dated 16th.
2 applications submitted 17th July for my partner and I.
EEA national and I'm non-EEA family member both with 5 year residence +1yr and without permanent residence cards. Application done via NCS.
Was a bit worried as I've previously had a drink driving conviction (years ago when I was young and stupid).

All the best everyone :P :P :) :) :)