ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Government to Recognise Family Member Residence Cards fro

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gunesz
Newly Registered

UK Government to Recognise Family Member Residence Cards fro

Post by gunesz » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:11 pm

sorry, not sure if im posting this in the right place...but did anyone heard about this?

Does it mean that we still will have to apply for EEA FP? does it meant that if we do it still can be refused?

http://blogs.kent.ac.uk/eu-rights-clini ... pril-2015/

G4B3R

Re: UK Government to Recognise Family Member Residence Cards

Post by G4B3R » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:06 pm

I just read about this and it kind seems true that they have change the ruling to travel to UK as family member of an EU Citizen
( https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 2_0EXT.pdf)

Can someone please further clarify this?

Many Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:59 am

This would mean that if you have an RC issued by another EU country you won't need a Family Permit.

For example if you live in France as a family member of a German citizen and you hold a RC issued under the EU regulations, you won't need FP.

If you live outside the EU, this won't change things. Remember, that FP is only really required if you are a visa national, otherwise you can travel and obtain a stamp at the airport.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:37 am

Sorry, Still no change on the TIMATIC database.
So the UKBA/Home Office still have not conformed to the ECJ ruling by updating the Airline immigration requirements for entry to the UK.
This means its still possible to be refused boarding without an EEA Family Permit.

https://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_ ... user=GFB2C
Visa required, except for Holders of an EEA Family Permit
issued by the UK, if the holder is traveling with, or to join
the EEA or Swiss national

Timaticweb Version 1.3
16 March 2015
TIMATIC can be accessed from many airlines web pages
e.g. http://www.gulfair.com/English/info/pre ... ation.aspx

G4B3R

Post by G4B3R » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:36 pm

Jambo wrote:This would mean that if you have an RC issued by another EU country you won't need a Family Permit.

For example if you live in France as a family member of a German citizen and you hold a RC issued under the EU regulations, you won't need FP.

If you live outside the EU, this won't change things. Remember, that FP is only really required if you are a visa national, otherwise you can travel and obtain a stamp at the airport.

OK, bit confusing as i keep reading different interpretations on different posts and website.

I will ask for my personal situation.
I am British Citizen living in Germany, Married with non-eu citizen who has family member of eu citizen residency permit from germany. (we have 1 daughter who is 2 years old).
Can me, my wife and daughter travel to UK for couple of weeks holiday without requiring to apply for EEA Visa via the embassy, or do she need to obtain a visa?

Many Thanks

wegiwegi
Switzerland

Post by wegiwegi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:11 pm

G4B3R wrote: I am British Citizen living in Germany, Married with non-eu citizen who has family member of eu citizen residency permit from germany. (we have 1 daughter who is 2 years old).
Can me, my wife and daughter travel to UK for couple of weeks holiday without requiring to apply for EEA Visa via the embassy, or do she need to obtain a visa?

Many Thanks
Well it says that since the 1st of January 2014 the UK recognises residence cards from Germany and Estonia, so that means that your wife won't be needing a FP at all or a visa to enter the UK and all the other residence cards front other EU states should be accepted from the 6th April 2015
Timeline:
Fourth application sent 21.07.17
HO received 24.07.17
Paid on 25.07.17
Biometrics 23.08.17
COA received 07.09.17
Passports received 07.09.16
Documents returned 13.11.17 dated 09
RC 13.11.17 dated 09

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:47 pm

G4B3R wrote: I am British Citizen living in Germany, Married with non-eu citizen who has family member of eu citizen residency permit from germany. (we have 1 daughter who is 2 years old).

Many Thanks
German and Estonian cards where already exempt
e.g.
https://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_ ... user=GFB2C
Visa required, except for Holders of a "Family Member"
Residence Card marked "(Permanent) Residence Card of a Family
Member of a Union Citizen issued by Germany to family members
of an EEA national or national of Switzerland, if
traveling with or traveling to join the EEA national or
national of Switzerland.

G4B3R

Post by G4B3R » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:25 am

Thank you so much for that guys, really brought some tears into my eyes as me and my wife have been suffering a lot because at the previous 3 years of our marriage I was still studying so couldn't travel.
Also I called up the British Embassy in Berlin and explained to them the situation a coupe of months ago and they said my wife need a visa to travel to UK. Maybe was a misunderstanding, but that is what they said.

But thanks a lot I will call the airport and confirm it from them as I think that will clarify some doubts in my head.

Again Thank you SO Much Guys.

paknet
Pakistan

Post by paknet » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:01 am

Can the family member of EU-National will allowed to work aswell in UK?

tastylentils

Post by tastylentils » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:24 pm

Actually, I'm a bit sceptical about this. It was only reported on a few blogs. Don't you think such a significant change would be picked up by major news outlets as we head into the election?

Even if it's coming about , it may just grant short term visiting rights. Residency applications will still have to be made in European country of residence. If you read some of the older posts, most comentators have trouble believing that residence application can be successful without first gaining a family permit.

Sorry to pour cold water on the parade and by all means prove me wrong. Just don't get your hopes up until you see the official guidance and get some comments from the legal eagles.

arif2014
Newly Registered

Post by arif2014 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:47 pm

Hello Dear paknet have you got any information about European family members the please contact me on this email address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I cand access my private messages on the form. Please get in touch many thanks

arif2014
Newly Registered

Post by arif2014 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:48 pm

Hello Dear paknet have you got any information about European family members the please contact me on this email address xxxxxxxxxxx I cand access my private messages on the form. Please get in touch many thanks

Steviweavi
Newly Registered

Post by Steviweavi » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:17 pm

Can someone tell me how this will effect my situation. I'm a UK national living and working in France. My wife is Chinese and has a French residency card. Will she now be able to travel with me to the UK to visit family without needing a non-EEA family permit?