ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR Treaty rights GAP!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manolesta
Italy

EEA PR Treaty rights GAP!

Post by manolesta » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:13 pm

Hi guys, first of all thank you for all the support you give, you re the only source that I have got!
I am italian and my wife is a NON EEA. (Venezuela)
We arrived in UK on the 2nd of May 2010.
My wife has got a 5 years residence card expiring on Dec 2015.
We are both applying for permanent residence (EEA PR)and I am my wife's sponsor.
During this 5 years I have always worked full time, and when I have changed job I have always registered myself at the jobcentre without asking for any benefit.
Unfortunately I have got two gaps;

1st job: 6/07/2010 to 26/08/2011 2nd job started on : 5/09/2011 gap (9 days)
I have registered myself on the 30th of August, I was supposed to be registered until the 4/09/2011. I have just realized that I I have been registered only for one day 30/08/2011, probably because of my bad english or for a misunderstanding I never stopped the claim and it has been invalidated.

The second gap (1 day) happened because, instead of stopping the claim on the 03/04/2012 they stopped it one day before.

QUESTIONS
1. Could these gaps on treaty rights affect my application?
2. When does the application need to be sent? (I entered UK 2/May/2010)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA PR Treaty rights GAP!

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:37 am

For the first gap (9days). I won't even bother declaring the period as job seeker. Just put the two jobs. Such a small gap won't be an issue.

For the second gap - I didn't really understand how long you have been a job seeker. When did you leave the second job.

For small gaps, the HO won't make a fuss. I won't worry about that.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

manolesta
Italy

Re: EEA PR Treaty rights GAP!

Post by manolesta » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:03 pm

The second gap has been only one day;

I was jobseeker from the 28/02/2012 to 3/04/2012 but the job-centre mistakenly close my claim on the 2/04/2012.
1- Please anyone know if there is a deadline to send the application?
2- Can I send the same documents for my wife s application and mine? ( paying separate fees obviously).
I have read that I can send the 2 application together ,paying for each of them separately, but what about the documentation? Can it be the same? Obviously all my documents will be needed for my wife s application, so I think they Could use the same documents for both PR application.