ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of arrival + one of absences off by 1-2 days:

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RedMoon

Date of arrival + one of absences off by 1-2 days:

Post by RedMoon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:19 pm

Hi all,

I am an EEA citizen looking to put a naturalisation application.

I might be off 1-2 days on the date of arrival to the UK (which was 9 years ago) and also on one of the absences in from the UK (return flight). I will put it conservatively as coming later + spending more days outside to be on a safe side.

Is it going to be a problem? I'm asking as I've heard that it might be?

Also, do I need to evidence every flight in and out of the country or is it just self-declaration checked against UKBA log?

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Date of arrival + one of absences off by 1-2 days:

Post by milan69 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:52 am

You should be fine with the approximate date of arrival.
You do not need to give evidence for any flight you just have to be as precise as possible with the dates you left and return and it should match stamps in your passport.
I am sometimes wrong.

RedMoon

Re: Date of arrival + one of absences off by 1-2 days:

Post by RedMoon » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Big thanks for reply milan69,

So I understand that I should be fine with 1-2 days off on the date of arrival.

Just to confirm (yes no would do): Will the same apply to one of my returns to the UK? (missed a flight and rebooked at the airport without boarding electronic pass, lost physical one of course). No stamps at my passport as I'm EEA and using national ID card to travel (as lighter ;)

I'm onloy asking as I've heard taht some case officers are extremely strict and am therefore freaking out. I'm not sure whether it is true.