ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General visitor - applicant bank statement vs property doc

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

elvampiro

General visitor - applicant bank statement vs property doc

Post by elvampiro » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:02 pm

My parents need to visit us, so planning for a General Visitor application
I will bear the expenses, but saw that the applicant's bank statement is listed in the required documents.

They own properties and get rental income, but there is nothing in the bank statements as everyone there deals directly in cash.
So they can produce property registration documents and rental agreements, but the bank statements are empty.

Can we apply with these?

How important are the bank statements in an application?

Any previous experience you can share?

Any thoughts/poitners much appreciated!

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: General visitor - applicant bank statement vs property d

Post by Mauser1905 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:44 am

elvampiro wrote:My parents need to visit us, so planning for a General Visitor application
I will bear the expenses, but saw that the applicant's bank statement is listed in the required documents.

They own properties and get rental income, but there is nothing in the bank statements as everyone there deals directly in cash.
So they can produce property registration documents and rental agreements, but the bank statements are empty.

Can we apply with these?

How important are the bank statements in an application?

Any previous experience you can share?

Any thoughts/poitners much appreciated!
You need to apply family visitor visa.
Yes bank statements are crucial as these provide credible evidence to ECO in decision making. dealing in cash means there wont be any documents from income tax dept revenue pension etc. How would you prove on paper that your parents get income from the said sources? Mere statement in a plain paper doesn't make the case. Whereas rental agreements showing monies for rents etc, and then these being deposited into your parents accounts. The expenses paid out to utility bills, city taxes etc will be on paper?

Please have a patient look through similar threads on this forum which have detailed discussions on this matter.

Good luck