ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring Visitor Visa while Tier1 visa is due to expire

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

magneta

Sponsoring Visitor Visa while Tier1 visa is due to expire

Post by magneta » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:37 pm

Hi

I need some advice on a tricky situation. I am currently on Tier 1 General visa due to expire in July 2015. I am eligible for ILR (3+2) and will be applying in June 2015(28 days rule + straight forward application). As I am pregnant, I would like to invite my parents in May 2015 for my delivery and stay with me for around 3 to 4 months (preferably till August). I want to be the full sponsor(flights,accommodation & maintenance) and have all the sponsor documents ready. Now my questions are

1. Will they approve my parents' visitor visa even though the sponsor's visa expires in July? I will be mentioning in the Sponsorship declaration letter that I will be applying for ILR in June.

2. or will they allow it only for the number of days I have left? In this case, Can I extend their Visit visa in country once I get my ILR approved( I will be going for PEO appointment)?

3. If they reject their application totally, are there any other options to reapply? If I ask my father sponsor their own visit, how much do they need to show in bank and for how long?

Thanks in advance

Magneta

magneta

Re: Sponsoring Visitor Visa while Tier1 visa is due to expir

Post by magneta » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:15 am

Please, can anyone help?

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:53 am

magneta wrote:Hi

I need some advice on a tricky situation. I am currently on Tier 1 General visa due to expire in July 2015. I am eligible for ILR (3+2) and will be applying in June 2015(28 days rule + straight forward application). As I am pregnant, I would like to invite my parents in May 2015 for my delivery and stay with me for around 3 to 4 months (preferably till August). I want to be the full sponsor(flights,accommodation & maintenance) and have all the sponsor documents ready. Now my questions are

1. Will they approve my parents' visitor visa even though the sponsor's visa expires in July? I will be mentioning in the Sponsorship declaration letter that I will be applying for ILR in June.

2. or will they allow it only for the number of days I have left? In this case, Can I extend their Visit visa in country once I get my ILR approved( I will be going for PEO appointment)?

3. If they reject their application totally, are there any other options to reapply? If I ask my father sponsor their own visit, how much do they need to show in bank and for how long?

Thanks in advance

Magneta
If I were you I would apply asap for family visitor visa and be upfront in regards to the timing of the visa renewal. Its not a dependent visa. However as you said you would be sponsoring them full board plus finances, you will need to show sustainable income for the maternity period! It will be helpful if parents can support (application purposes) the expenses related to the travel to and fro. you take on accommodation etc. If practical in your case.

The family visitor visa will be valid for 6 months from the issue date. Note that this visa can not be renewed from within the UK.

Also have a keen look into the credibility and intentions document below:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5_0EXT.pdf

good luck

magneta

Post by magneta » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:04 am

Thank you Mauser1905.

I currently dont have ILR, So I cant apply for the Family Visitor route. I can only apply via general visitor.(please let me know if I am wrong) Yes I will be mentioning the timelines for my visa renewal.

I can show sustainable income for my maternity period as I have a letter from HR saying I will be paid in full for first 3 months of maternity leave and then a Statutory maternity pay for few more months. Also I will be showing my husband's earnings and our joint account. My husband cant sponsor as well because his visa is only valid till mine. he is on tier 1 dependant visa.

If I ask my parents to support their travel expenses, how much do they need to show in their account? Will they accept if I transfer some money to them? what proof do they need to show if they have a big amount credited to their account? Does this amount need to be in their account for longer periods, say 3 months?

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:44 pm

they approve your parents visa for upto six months if they ask for it,regardless of your july expiry
2. Can I extend their Visit visa in country once I get my ILR approved( I will be going for PEO appointment)?
No extension in country
why do you expect rejection ? As long as they show they have strong ties with their home country and prove that they will be going back end of their visa, there wont be any rejection.

Thanks in advance

Magneta[/quote]

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:56 pm

I currently dont have ILR, So I cant apply for the Family Visitor route. I can only apply via general visitor.
(please let me know if I am wrong)

Yes general visitor.
I can show sustainable income for my maternity period as I have a letter from HR saying I will be paid in full for first 3 months of maternity leave and then a Statutory maternity pay for few more months. Also I will be showing my husband's earnings and our joint account. My husband cant sponsor as well because his visa is only valid till mine. he is on tier 1 dependant visa.
Your husband can sponsor as well regardless of his visa expiry
If I ask my parents to support their travel expenses, how much do they need to show in their account?

There is no exact amount.
Will they accept if I transfer some money to them? what proof do they need to show if they have a big amount credited to their account? Does this amount need to be in their account for longer periods, say 3 months?
Transfering money from UK to their bank account is same as showing your money for their visit (sponsoring).Moreover large amount of money credited to their account in short time may raise Visa issuer eye brow.
If your parents has strong ties(ex-FD, cash savings in their accounts, pension,land or other assests or job) will help smooth process of their visa application and your sponsorship will benefit.

magneta

Post by magneta » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:23 pm

z18runway wrote:
they approve your parents visa for upto six months if they ask for it,regardless of your july expiry

Thank you so much for this. This gives hope for me
2. Can I extend their Visit visa in country once I get my ILR approved( I will be going for PEO appointment)?
No extension in country

I read here https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa/extend-your-visa that we can extend General Visitor Visa if they were only granted less than 6 months.
why do you expect rejection ? As long as they show they have strong ties with their home country and prove that they will be going back end of their visa, there wont be any rejection.

I was thinking they might reject because of my visa status. They do have strong ties back in India because they have a house and Working farm that they are running. they will show this in their property documents and also mention in the cover letter.

Thanks in advance

Magneta
[/quote]

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:32 pm

goodluck magneta, hope your parents get their visa to see the newborn.

magneta

Post by magneta » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:45 pm

z18runway wrote:goodluck magneta, hope your parents get their visa to see the newborn.
Thank you z18runway for your kind words. I will post the outcome soon.

jnikki4u

Post by jnikki4u » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:07 am

magneta wrote:
z18runway wrote:goodluck magneta, hope your parents get their visa to see the newborn.
Thank you z18runway for your kind words. I will post the outcome soon.

HI Magneta,

Almost the same case with me. My parents also applying visa tomorrow .

All the best

Regards
Nikki