ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

apocolypto

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by apocolypto » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:27 pm

apocolypto wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 Years Tier 1 (General) + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met : Life in the UK , UK Masters Degree.
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS.
Council name if NCS used: Barking.
Date of application: 11-03-2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 12-03-2015 ( Royal Mail Tracking) (Update #1)
Date of acknowledgment: 19-03-2015 (Via Email) (update #3)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 18-03-2015 (update #2)
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

Please pray for a successful, swift, trouble-free and fast turn around of my application.

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:03 pm

esmsi wrote:Congrate Mate.

I applied 23 feb 2015Monday,
acknowledgement letter dated 27 Feb 2015 Friday ,still wating
Hi,

Someone else applied on the same date as you did and already received the approval. Did yours arrive in today's mail?

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:53 pm

Res wrote:
waiz89k wrote:Another example of HO compentency

My friend has called HO today to get an update on his application which was under consideration and enquire about the acknowledgement letter as he hasnt received one.

Customer service advisor told him that there r 4 stages of the applications till decision and he did not mention the stages but the info through FOI has mentioned that there r 2 stages of the application. I dont know who to beleive.

Most interesting thing is when he asked them to comfirm his address then he came to know that HO has one of his previous addresses as his currect address where he use to live 4 years ago and he changed couple of address after that. He has been advised to fill in the change of circumstances form.

He called them and came to know that HO has got his wrong address, so all posts must have gone to the wrong address. What if he did not call HO?

Those bunch of incompentent people r not doing correct data entry, not taking decisions according to the law, not dealing with application in timely manner and not following any pattern of work. I thought that HO is just picking up applications randomly but I did not think that they r picking up address randomly too n putting it as applicants current address. that is ridiculous.
Same problem
They input my neighbour house number. I called to see if they sent acknowledgement letter and lucky the guy asked me to confirm my address. Apparently acknowledgement letter is a automatic service the system does, I did ask if can see on the system any letter sent to my address but said can't see. My case is under consideration ...that's all he could tell me. I applied 23/02/15
what did u do to correct the address? did u fill out the change of circumstances form?

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:03 pm

Res wrote:
Same problem
They input my neighbour house number. I called to see if they sent acknowledgement letter and lucky the guy asked me to confirm my address. Apparently acknowledgement letter is a automatic service the system does, I did ask if can see on the system any letter sent to my address but said can't see. My case is under consideration ...that's all he could tell me. I applied 23/02/15
Hi,

Have you received your approval yet?

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:46 pm

Nothing comes today
happyguy82 wrote:
esmsi wrote:Congrate Mate.

I applied 23 feb 2015Monday,
acknowledgement letter dated 27 Feb 2015 Friday ,still wating
Hi,

Someone else applied on the same date as you did and already received the approval. Did yours arrive in today's mail?

Res
Mood:
Romania

Post by Res » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:25 am

waiz89k wrote:
Res wrote:
waiz89k wrote:Another example of HO compentency

My friend has called HO today to get an update on his application which was under consideration and enquire about the acknowledgement letter as he hasnt received one.

Customer service advisor told him that there r 4 stages of the applications till decision and he did not mention the stages but the info through FOI has mentioned that there r 2 stages of the application. I dont know who to beleive.

Most interesting thing is when he asked them to comfirm his address then he came to know that HO has one of his previous addresses as his currect address where he use to live 4 years ago and he changed couple of address after that. He has been advised to fill in the change of circumstances form.

He called them and came to know that HO has got his wrong address, so all posts must have gone to the wrong address. What if he did not call HO?

Those bunch of incompentent people r not doing correct data entry, not taking decisions according to the law, not dealing with application in timely manner and not following any pattern of work. I thought that HO is just picking up applications randomly but I did not think that they r picking up address randomly too n putting it as applicants current address. that is ridiculous.
Same problem
what did u do to correct the address? did u fill out the change of circumstances form?
Yes, done the form online. Called yesterday to check if been update yet and it did.

Res
Mood:
Romania

Post by Res » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:26 am

happyguy82 wrote:
Res wrote:
Same problem
Hi,

Have you received your approval yet?

Hi
Unfortunately not yet. Under consideration!!

Poya11

Post by Poya11 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:34 am

huqqapani wrote:
happyguy82 wrote:
aumar wrote:Friends I'm very down today. I have a potential job offer from Qatar on three time more salary than my current. How could I proceed without knowing the status of my application? I can't go for something and sacrifice the other?

Any idea? I'm into 6 months and one week since they received by the big house.

Any idea how can we raise our voices? Radio? newspaper? Demonstration? Or complaints to UKVI?
Is the salary amount going to affect your decision on which country you reside in? In my opinion that should be one of the last things to consider! Here in Britain we have much richer life than many other countries can offer. We have freedom of religion, speech, good environmental policies, healthcare benefits, health policies, tax policies, democracy.
To Happyguy82

Hi guys there's noonday can help in this matter all you have to do just wait. I have written a letter to my local MP twice but nothing's difference so far. I am waiting since 20/06/14
The fact that Aumar is considering move to Qatar (or any other country) for that matter demonstrates that he is happy to accept what sacrifices (if any) he/she will be making. Point about sacrifices, they are something which is individual. the benefits you have mentioned for living in Britian may equally be countered by benefits in Qatar at an individual level. That is my opinion on your opinion.

To aumar
From a bit of experience in this, from the time you accept the offer to be in a position to fly out to Qatar, it could take anything from 3 to 6 months. So, if you are 100 per cent sure that this is your dream job offer which you may regret not accepting in future, consider accepting the offer. You can always delay after by asking for more information/clarification on the contract you receive after accepting the offer, this will buy you more time for citizenship approval.
Regarding Naturalisation application, as your 6 months are up, follow the usual steps, contact HO, get MP involved etc. to ensure that you have a response within 2/3 months maximum.

benson147
Newly Registered

Post by benson147 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:54 pm

Hello people,i applied in auguest last year, after receiving the 3 to 6 month more to process my application, finally today i walked into the door and guess what i found, a a4 size brown envelope with my approval. so anyone waiting from last year i reckon you will get it by the end of the month.

Good luck all

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:02 pm

benson147 wrote:Hello people,i applied in auguest last year, after receiving the 3 to 6 month more to process my application, finally today i walked into the door and guess what i found, a a4 size brown envelope with my approval. so anyone waiting from last year i reckon you will get it by the end of the month.

Good luck all
Congratulations mate and thank for ur update.

GrandBang
Newly Registered

Post by GrandBang » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:34 pm

huqqapani wrote:Eligibility Criteria: 10 Long residence + 1 year ILR
Language Criteria Met: Life in UK + UK University certificate
Method of Application: NCS (Carlton, Notts)
Date of Application: 3rd December 2014
Date of Receipt by Home Office: Waiting
Date of Debit of Fees: Credit Card - 11/12/2014
Date of Receipt of Acknowledgement: 17/12/14
Date of Receipt of Approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting
MAY I ASK DECEMBER APPLICANTS IF THEY RECEIVED ANY THING?
APPLIED ON DEC 12TH AND NOTHING SO FAR

jamesjames

Post by jamesjames » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:39 pm

GrandBang wrote:
Yes, My wife applied in December and got her approval on 22/01/2015.

AshRay
Newly Registered

Post by AshRay » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:48 pm

GrandBang wrote:
Applied on 9th Dec.... Nothing so far

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:10 pm

GrandBang wrote:
Still waiting !

aumar

Post by aumar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Dear friends,

I have today received email from my MP that UKVI called him this morning to confirm that my naturalisation application has been approved today. Believe me I am over the moon.

I applied start of September and upon 6 months, I emailed my MP who was very quick to reply me the same day that he has raised the enquiry and will update me as and when he has any news. It took me 9 days from informing my MP and getting the email today. My advice to you all who have been waiting for long time is to engage your MPs. This really works as it has been in my case.

MP also informed me that I should receive approval letter within next week or so. Does anyone have any idea how long will it take to receive approval?

I have travel plans and what would happen if I cannot ceremony before I leave. I am back in a month time anyway but is there any time limit to attend ceremony?

Thanks guys for your support throughout and I will update once I receive approval, hopefully soon!

Have a good weekend and stay positive and engage your MPs if you can.

jamesjames

Post by jamesjames » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:06 pm

aumar wrote:Dear friends,

I have today received email from my MP that UKVI called him this morning to confirm that my naturalisation application has been approved today. Believe me I am over the moon.

I applied start of September and upon 6 months, I emailed my MP who was very quick to reply me the same day that he has raised the enquiry and will update me as and when he has any news. It took me 9 days from informing my MP and getting the email today. My advice to you all who have been waiting for long time is to engage your MPs. This really works as it has been in my case.

MP also informed me that I should receive approval letter within next week or so. Does anyone have any idea how long will it take to receive approval?

I have travel plans and what would happen if I cannot ceremony before I leave. I am back in a month time anyway but is there any time limit to attend ceremony?

Big congrats.The long wait is over for you. They send the approval letter using 2nd class post and it does take a while to arrive. Mine took 10 days from the day it was typed to the day I recieved it.

Thanks guys for your support throughout and I will update once I receive approval, hopefully soon!

Have a good weekend and stay positive and engage your MPs if you can.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Guess what folks, I have got HO letter requesting original passport or travel document covering period from 05/12/2009 to 08/07/2009. This is 'apparently' requested to meet residence requirement.

Should I be worried. I have 2 passports which cover this period with visa stamps covering till December 2012. Has anyone had this issue.

shhedd
Newly Registered

Post by shhedd » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:11 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 2 years spouse + few days ILR-- I have been here over 5 years though.
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 22/1/15
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/1/15
Date of debit of fees: 29/1/15
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: received 05/2/15 dated 29/1/15
Date of receipt of approval: Trusting on most high God.
Date of Ceremony: ----

I am still waiting and hoping some news will come soon... From what I read here some people have received theirs while many of us are still waiting. All we can do is keeping fingers crossed and hope for the best and also wish everyone of us waiting Goodluck

jamil05

Post by jamil05 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:16 pm

this is for my wife. The speed it took was just out of this world. She is married to me, a british citizen.

08/02/15 Posted the application through Check service in birmingham

20/02/15 received letter from HO confirming receipt of application and usual paste and copy 6 months wait to process

07/03/15 A letter arrived saying application succeeded and that she should contact local council for a ceremony date

19/03/15 Ceremony done.

The whole process took just a month

Good luck to those still waiting from last year

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:47 pm

Res wrote:
Hi
Unfortunately not yet. Under consideration!!
Res,

What's the number to call to check whether they have the right address?

Thanks.

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:56 am

By the grace of Allah, I got my approval today . It took 8 and a half month.  Recieved the 3-6 months letter on 6th of feb.
My timeline below:
Eligibility Criteria: 9 years residency (includes 2 years spouse+ ILR  for 1 month).
Language Criteria: LIUK & B1 English.
Application date: 08-07-14
Application Method: NCS
Recieved by HO: 11-07-2014
Payment method : Cheque
Payment Deducted : 28-07-14
Acknowledgment letter recieved : 25-07-14 ( dated 22-07-14).
Date of approval recieved : 21-03-2015 ( dated 13-03-2015)
Date of ceremony : to be booked
I'm so glad that the wait is over. Thank you everyone in this forum and good luck to all still waiting. Ur good news should be with you soon.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:39 am

Rahel1984 wrote:By the grace of Allah, I got my approval today . It took 8 and a half month.  Recieved the 3-6 months letter on 6th of feb.
My timeline below:
Eligibility Criteria: 9 years residency (includes 2 years spouse+ ILR  for 1 month).
I'm so glad that the wait is over. Thank you everyone in this forum and good luck to all still waiting. Ur good news should be with you soon.
Congrats, It took really long time to decide on ur application. Had you contacted to ur MP after 6 months time?

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:54 am

imraniqbal2010 wrote:
Rahel1984 wrote:By the grace of Allah, I got my approval today . It took 8 and a half month.  Recieved the 3-6 months letter on 6th of feb.
My timeline below:
Congrats, It took really long time to decide on ur application. Had you contacted to ur MP after 6 months time?
Thank you. No i didn't do anything like that. I just emailed them few times but got the reply saying its under consideration.

Convenant Lady
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation fee questions

Post by Convenant Lady » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi all,
please can anyone who recently applied for their naturalization help me with this question.

When you fill the fee payment slip, do you pay the
£906 for the application and the Ceremony fee which is £80, both of which comes to £986.
Or do i use a separate fee form for each of the fees.

Thanks

scs3rsb
Newly Registered

Post by scs3rsb » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:35 pm

Hi,

£906 only. The ceremony fee is already included in this figure.

Good luck!