ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

az120
Newly Registered

Family visit visa refusal

Post by az120 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi Guys

I applied for my mother visit visa and it has now been refused on the basis of credibility of the application.
I received a phone call from them in order to confirm my sponsorship. They posed line of questions to me whilst I was at work. One of the question was how long your mother intended to stay in UK. I answered, I am not sure but think one month.
In her application it was stated that she is visiting on this occasion for three months.
I understand I do not have right to appeal hence I am thinking to send them for review.
Now I am drafting a letter stating that you put and in an awkward position as I was at work and with client. As I do not wish to hinder her application therefore I answered quickly. I was not given an option to call back or do by email.

Now -- should I state that I am sorry I made the mistake
or -- due to this unexpected phone call whilst me at work I made this statement, and do not think this as discrepancy. you should be giving me option to reply by email or take call at later time.

I will appreciate your input.

Many thanks

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Family visit visa refusal

Post by MPH80 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:56 pm

Just reapply.

Hemmaa
Newly Registered

Post by Hemmaa » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi Guys
I applied for my mother and my sister Family visitor visa and it has now been refused on the basis of credibility of the application.
the reasons:
For my mother they had stated that:
1. They had tried to contact me (sponsor) 3 times without success and this point damages the credibility of the application.
2. You are unemployment (my mother) and dependant on your husband. You have not stated what his income is? And you have not stated how much your husband gives you each month and there is no evidential support to demonstrate your financial position.
3. There is nothing to indicate that your husband is content for you to use his fund on a visit to the UK.
For my sister they had stated that:
1. They had tried to contact me (sponsor) 3 times without success and this point damages the credibility of the application.
2. You are employed(my sister) and have submitted a letter from your employer confirming this however, this document does not demonstrate your financial circumstances
3. You state that your father will be responsible for meeting the cost of the visit and there is nothing to indicate that he is happy for you to use this funds.
What can i do i will replay again but what are the required documents to avoid this reasons ?

Many thanks

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:28 pm

Hemmaa wrote:Hi Guys
I applied for my mother and my sister Family visitor visa and it has now been refused on the basis of credibility of the application.
the reasons:
For my mother they had stated that:
2. You are unemployment (my mother) and dependant on your husband. You have not stated what his income is? And you have not stated how much your husband gives you each month and there is no evidential support to demonstrate your financial position.
3. There is nothing to indicate that your husband is content for you to use his fund on a visit to the UK.
For my sister they had stated that:
2. You are employed(my sister) and have submitted a letter from your employer confirming this however, this document does not demonstrate your financial circumstances
3. You state that your father will be responsible for meeting the cost of the visit and there is nothing to indicate that he is happy for you to use this funds.
What can i do i will replay again but what are the required documents to avoid this reasons ?

Many thanks
All the points above are very fair reasons.

Have a very keen look into latest general visitor guidance document below which has sections on credibility and intentions:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5_0EXT.pdf

Please go through similar threads which has been answered in detail here. From what you wrote looks like the application was not strong enough in regards to documentary evidences.

Reapplying with addressing all the refusal point as a minimum will be best route in my view.

Hemmaa
Newly Registered

Post by Hemmaa » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:45 pm

thank you your reply
Now, for my sister
1. my sister will provide an official a letter from her employer state that her financial and employment status.
2. my father will write a letter to the embassy state that he will be happy agree to fund my sister in her trip to uk.
3. she will attach also my bank statement and my father statement
for my mother
1.my father will write a letter demonstrate that he gives her every month a money to pay for the cost living and he put a money in her bank account for the trip .
2. she will provide an evidence from my father work to demonstrate his financial and employment status.

is this enough to reply for the previous reasons or no
Many thanks

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:20 am

Hemmaa wrote:thank you your reply
Now, for my sister
1. my sister will provide an official a letter from her employer state that her financial and employment status.also try providing salary slips, IT returns for previous year/s
2. my father will write a letter to the embassy state that he will be happy agree to fund my sister in her trip to uk. Yes it will be support letter, additionally he will need to demonstrate how he is able to fund the claim he is made, meaning his financial credentials etc
3. she will attach also my bank statement and my father statement You are sponsoring your sister financially, that's makes the case weaker in regards to credibility as what is reason/s that sister will return to home country without overstaying in the UK
for my mother
1.my father will write a letter demonstrate that he gives her every month a money to pay for the cost living and he put a money in her bank account for the trip . yes support letter
2. she will provide an evidence from my father work to demonstrate his financial and employment status. yes, provide as good strong evidence as possible

is this enough to reply for the previous reasons or no
Many thanks
Also add cover letters for the each applicant and answer/clarify/explain in detail the refusal points, any variations to answer in the fresh visa application. If you spend enough time on cover letter then ECO may not necessarily be on phone to the applicants/sponsor.

Remember what you wrote in the form in first refused one, and what you are writing in the fresh application now. If there are circumstantial variations in regards to financial declarations then do make sure these are readily addressed in the cover letter from the applicant's.

Your sister also needs to show sufficient evidence that she has ties to home country sufficient enough that she will return. Although this was not one of the refusal points. Take no chance again.

Also if you giving any contact umbers then make sure that is attended appropriately as well the correct email address!

As father is sponsoring financially for his wife and his daughter he will need to show bank account statements etc which should show the claimed income in the application form. These figures claimed int he form should match what the bank accounts show. It doesn't have to match to the fraction but differences in amount have been refusal points earlier. If there are any transactions which you may feel normal but does not add up by regular monthly income then please have these readily explained in the cover letter, referencing to the specific transactions.

Fixed deposits, property documents, pension documents if applicable, rental income to name a few. IT return documents are very good documents for strong financial evidence. Social ties. Any social work which you can show local ties to return to etc.

Hemmaa
Newly Registered

Post by Hemmaa » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:06 pm

Thank you again but I need your help
For my sister
i. She will provide a letter indicate that (she works fulltime as a pharmacist in at the ministry of health from…(date)….. till now with the government official stamp.
ii. She will provide a letter from her employer (the ministry of health) demonstrate her salary per month and also with the official stamp of the government, and approximately (150 £) as usual for pharmacists in public hospitals in Egypt, and this letter is directed to the British embassy not To Whom It May Concern.
iii. My father bank statement nearly (25000£)
iv. My father letter whish demonstrate that he agrees to fund her and my mother and he put nearly 300£ per each on my mother bank account for the trip and flights foe 21 day.
v. A letter from my father’s employer which demonstrate that he works in this employer and take per month….. (…) with also the official stamp.
vi. My mother bank account statement that my father put the money in to the entire trip for her and my mother approximately (9000£).
vii. My Bank statement, The council tax bill, the electric and gas bill, the status confirmation from the university and the invitation
For my mother
1. She will provide the same letter from my father whish demonstrate that he agrees to fund her and my mother and he put nearly 300£ per each on my mother bank account for the trip and flights foe 21 day and he will state that he gives her nearly 500 £ each month for the living cost.
2. My father bank statement nearly (25000£).
3. A letter from my father’s employer which demonstrate that he works in this employer and take per month….. (…) with also the official stamp.
4. My mother bank account statement that my father put the money in to the entire trip for her and my mother approximately (9000£).
5. My Bank statement, The council tax bill, the electric and gas bill, the status confirmation from the university and the invitation.

Also my sister can provide a letter that she works a private work in a private pharmacy (part-time 3 days per week).
take in your account i had applied an application for my mother and my father in law before nearly from 4 months and they got the visa and came here and went back to Egypt from 2 month but i do not now why do the ECO become very sensitive this time:cry:

Many thanks

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:23 am

Hemmaa wrote:Thank you again but I need your help
For my sister
i. She will provide a letter indicate that (she works fulltime as a pharmacist in at the ministry of health from…(date)….. till now with the government official stamp.
ii. She will provide a letter from her employer (the ministry of health) demonstrate her salary per month and also with the official stamp of the government, and approximately (150 £) as usual for pharmacists in public hospitals in Egypt, and this letter is directed to the British embassy not To Whom It May Concern.
iii. My father bank statement nearly (25000£)
iv. My father letter whish demonstrate that he agrees to fund her and my mother and he put nearly 300£ per each on my mother bank account for the trip and flights foe 21 day.
v. A letter from my father’s employer which demonstrate that he works in this employer and take per month….. (…) with also the official stamp.
vi. My mother bank account statement that my father put the money in to the entire trip for her and my mother approximately (9000£).
vii. My Bank statement, The council tax bill, the electric and gas bill, the status confirmation from the university and the invitation
For my mother
1. She will provide the same letter from my father whish demonstrate that he agrees to fund her and my mother and he put nearly 300£ per each on my mother bank account for the trip and flights foe 21 day and he will state that he gives her nearly 500 £ each month for the living cost.
2. My father bank statement nearly (25000£).
3. A letter from my father’s employer which demonstrate that he works in this employer and take per month….. (…) with also the official stamp.
4. My mother bank account statement that my father put the money in to the entire trip for her and my mother approximately (9000£).
5. My Bank statement, The council tax bill, the electric and gas bill, the status confirmation from the university and the invitation.

Also my sister can provide a letter that she works a private work in a private pharmacy (part-time 3 days per week).
take in your account i had applied an application for my mother and my father in law before nearly from 4 months and they got the visa and came here and went back to Egypt from 2 month but i do not now why do the ECO become very sensitive this time:cry:

Many thanks
Good one. you seem to be doing good effort on the documentation form home country side. well done. The more the better.
Remember when clarifying after refusal its always good to clarify and detail above and over the original concerns to make the evidence more credible and intention clearer.

You haven't mentioned the in-laws visa earlier. If I were you I would put these facts with their names, passport numbers, visa dates, entry and exit dates etc on your (uk sponsor) cover letter. If they left within their visa validity duration then state the same. This will make your sponsorship more credible, although it was not originally questioned. But the stating of these facts do help, IMHO.

From your evidence write up looks your case is getting more credible. See from other perspective, if you had prepared the documentation as you are doing now there shouldn't been refusal, IMHO. Maybe your in-laws provided more better documentation to the application than your parents refused one! Focus only on fresh application and try sort the refusal issues.

If need be, pm me. I will give you drafts for visit visas from my personal files. or best see this forum thread for the template http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 51723.html

Hemmaa
Newly Registered

Post by Hemmaa » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:25 pm

Hi
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
I am Mr ........... a registered student of the University........., and my details are as follows:
Student ID/Matriculation number:
Name:
Passport Number:
Date of birth:
Title of course:
Address in UK:
Postcode:
Contact Number:
Email:
This is confirmed by the attached letter from the university,

I would like to invite my mother and my sister to visit me and my family during the period between (.........) to (1.........) for holiday and tourism.
They will stay with me at my address detailed above (2 bedrooms rented property).
My mother and my sister will be fully funded from my father ( ..........) during the entire trip in the UK for 21 day, he put nearly 4200 £ per each in my mother bank account for this purpose only.
They will return back to our country because they live with my brother and Father in our Family Residence after their visit to UK and my sister has a work in ....... in the ministry of health as a pharmacist.
The applied before to get the visa for UK but it was refused (GWF……..) because the immigration office tried to call me 3 times in different occasions without success and this point reduce the credibility of her application but in this time I took a holiday with my wife and my son and the roaming was closed and I did not know that the immigration office will call me to ask.
I had invited before my in-Laws to visit me and their daughter (my wife) before the immigration office did not call me. My in-Laws got the visa from (11/2014) till (5/2015) and they came here (UK) on 18/12/2014 and my fatjer in law return back to Egypt on 01/01/2015 and my mother in law on 22/01/2015 and their applications with reference number………….

I attached also my bank statement to demonstrate my financial position and my status confirmation from the university and the council tax bill or letter.

Details of my visitor (my mother)
Name:
Address:
Date of birth:
Passport Number:
Issue Date:
Expiry Date:

Details of my visitor(My Sister)
Name:
Address:
Date of birth:
Passport Number:
Issue Date:
Expiry Date:
If you have any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully

can i contact you by email
mfabdelwaged@gmail.com

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:32 pm

Looks ok. IMHO there is scope for further improvisation.

If I were you I would not disclose my email id in such a public forum post! Please use forum messaging or PM if required.

regards

Hemmaa
Newly Registered

Post by Hemmaa » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:41 pm

how can i use it
can you send me any message

Hemmaa
Newly Registered

Post by Hemmaa » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:40 pm

Hi Guys
I will apply for my mother, sister and my brother(Egyptians) to visit me.
My mother and my sister have applied for family visitor visa twice before, they were refused at first time and the second they have got the visa, but for my brother, it is the first time.
my visa will expire on next May/2016.
Is it possible to come for 10 days at the end of Feb. as a family visitor or it is better to to apply for a general visitor as i do not have much enough days remaining in my visa.
2nd what is the expire date of the documents that they will give to the embassy such as HR Letter
if the HR letter from last September/2015 it is ok to use it now or it is considered expired >
Thanks